Call Stewart J. Guss, Injury Accident Lawyers Today for Help with Your Richardson Injury ClaimAfter an accident, getting everything in order and figuring out your next steps can take time. All too often, that may mean struggling to figure out how to navigate your injury claim and losing precious time. At Stewart J. Guss, Injury Accident Lawyers, we offer the support you need to handle all the critical details of your claim and the challenges you may face as you fight for the compensation you deserve.
We Put Our Clients’ Needs FirstAs you navigate your Richardson injury claim, you may discover that the insurance company seems to ignore the extent of your losses. You may get a low settlement offer or even feel ignored while you struggle through your recovery and juggle an increasing array of medical bills. At Stewart J. Guss, Injury Accident Lawyers, we understand the challenges and struggles of an injury, and we aim to maximize the results of your claim to ensure your needs are met.
We Make Our Support Available When You Need ItInjuries rarely occur at a convenient time. You may need a lawyer outside regular business hours, especially if you struggle with communicating with the insurance company or have a timely question. At Stewart J. Guss, Injury Accident Lawyers, we make ourselves available to our clients 24/7. We make our services accessible and convenient, including coming to you for appointments if you cannot come into our office.
We Fight Relentlessly to Help You Get the Compensation You DeserveWe have a strong reputation for excellence at Stewart J. Guss, Injury Accident Lawyers. With more than 20 years of experience handling injury claims across the country and a 10.0 score on Avvo, we strive to offer every client the comprehensive representation and support they need and deserve to navigate complicated claims. Insurance companies often have relentless legal representation. You deserve equally committed attorneys to help you obtain the compensation you deserve. Did you suffer injuries in a Richardson, Texas accident? Contact Stewart J. Guss, Injury Accident Lawyers today to learn more about the compensation you may be eligible to recover for your injuries.
Compensation in a Richardson Injury Claim: What to ExpectWhen you suffer severe injuries, finding out how much compensation you can recover may be the first thing on your mind. You may have high medical bills, lost wages, and many other challenges that can make that compensation essential in your life. At Stewart J. Guss, Injury Accident Lawyers, we cannot guarantee the compensation you will ultimately recover for your injury claim. That compensation depends on many factors, like:
- Who caused your accident?
- What insurance policy covers the liable party, and what are its limitations?
- What damages did you suffer in the accident?
- Having a lawyer on your side can also make a tremendous difference in the compensation you can recover for those injuries.
Medical Costs and Anticipated Medical CostsNot only do you have high medical bills to contend with right now, but you may also have equally substantial medical bills to consider in the future. At Stewart J. Guss, Injury Accident Lawyers, we use experts and other evidence to ensure we include an accurate amount for anticipated medical bills when calculating the damages for injury claims.
Income LossesDue to your injuries, you may have missed work for an extended period. Sometimes, that time off might become permanent if your injuries prevent you from safely completing your job duties. You can include both lost wages and lost earning potential as part of a comprehensive injury claim.
Pain and SufferingIn addition to the compensation you can claim for your financial losses after an accident, you may have the right to include compensation for the suffering and changes to your quality of life that you had to contend with after the accident.
Richardson, Texas: What You Need to Know About Severe InjuriesThe Texas statute of limitations gives you two years after the date of an accident caused by another entity’s negligence to file an injury claim in court. While some exceptions extend the statute of limitations, you should file your claim quickly to avoid losing your ability to utilize the court system if needed. Injuries are the leading cause of death for Texas residents between 1 and 44. Car accidents and workplace injuries can have devastating consequences and account for many of the injuries in Texas. Auto accidents are the top cause of most preventable injuries across Texas.
Common Injury Claims in RichardsonCommon injury claims in Richardson may include:
- Auto accident claims
- Construction accident claims
- Premises liability accidents, including slip and fall claims
- Spinal cord injury claims
- Brain injury claims
Fighting the Insurance Company After a Devastating Richardson AccidentIf you suffered severe injuries in a devastating Richardson accident, you will likely fight with an insurance company to get the compensation you deserve. Unfortunately, insurance companies often make it much more difficult than expected to get reasonable compensation. At Stewart J. Guss, Injury Accident Lawyers, we have significant experience fighting insurance companies nationwide. We can help deal with insurers and ensure they offer fair compensation.
What to Do After a Richardson AccidentDid you suffer injuries in Richardson due to someone else’s negligence? You may need help recovering the full compensation you deserve. Unfortunately, it can prove incredibly difficult to protect your right to compensation, even when you sustained severe injuries in an accident. Take a look at these key steps that can help you prepare to file a claim.
- Review any police accident report for accuracy. Make sure it does not have any missing or incomplete information that could impact your claim.
- Talk to a lawyer at Stewart J. Guss, Injury Accident Lawyers as soon as you can. Ideally, you should get in touch with our lawyers before you talk to the insurance company about your case. We can provide you with more accurate information and a better idea of how to deal with the insurance company, preventing you from inadvertently accepting an unfair offer or saying anything that jeopardizes your claim.
- Keep up with your medical appointments and the progression of your recovery. Follow any instructions issued by your medical care provider as carefully as possible to ensure that you do not do anything to jeopardize or delay your recovery. Insurers can use a deviation from your recovery plan to argue your injuries are less severe than you claim.
- Keep a journal documenting your status and continuing recovery. Your journal may help provide insights into the compensation you deserve for pain and suffering or make it easier for you to lay out exactly how your recovery progressed and the struggles you faced.
- Keep your medical bills. Make sure you keep up with any expenses for co-pays and deductibles to include them as part of your claim.
FAQs About Richardson Personal Injury Claims
Will I always have to go through an insurance company to get compensation for my injuries?In most cases, you will need to recover compensation from an insurance company following a Richardson personal injury claim. Most parties carry insurance to help protect them from a serious accident: homeowners, business, and auto insurance policies, for example. In some cases, however, you may deal directly with an entity or individual that caused your accident. In those cases, you should contact a lawyer to discuss your rights and options for recovering compensation.
How do I know who to sue after suffering serious injuries in Richardson?Injuries can occur in a variety of scenarios. Even a minor act of negligence, like failing to clean up a spill or perform maintenance, may result in severe injuries. At Stewart J. Guss, Injury Accident Lawyers, we help determine whose negligence caused your accident and injuries to help you understand how to proceed with an injury claim, including identifying the liable party. The party liable for your accident generally owed you a duty of care, including the general duty of care drivers owe when sharing the road, and committed an act of negligence that violated that duty. For example, a driver might choose to drive while distracted or ignore the traffic laws, leading to a dangerous collision. Finally, the negligent party’s action must have caused or contributed to your accident for you to pursue compensation from them. For example, a texting driver might annoy you on the road, but if that driver did not contribute to the events that caused your accident, you would not pursue compensation from them.
When do I need a lawyer to deal with an injury claim in Richardson?If you suffered injuries due to the negligence of another party, a lawyer can oversee your claim and use their experience to help you recover the compensation you deserve. All too often, the insurance company that covers the liable party will try to take advantage of you or not take you seriously on your own. On the other hand, by dealing with an experienced personal injury lawyer in Richardson, you can increase the odds that you will get the full compensation you deserve. Did you try to handle your Richardson injury claim alone, only to run into potential roadblocks? Here are several signs that you would benefit from an attorney’s assistance:
- You have a hard time getting the insurance company to take your calls. Often, the insurance company will take a call from a lawyer more seriously than a call from the injured party.
- The insurance company denies liability for the accident, which could leave you struggling to get any compensation for your injuries.
- The insurance company denies the extent of your injuries or does not acknowledge them as part of your claim.
- The insurance company insists that your injuries occurred at another time rather than as a result of your accident.
- You get a low settlement offer from the insurance company that does not seem to include reasonable compensation for your damages, and they refuse to increase the offer.
Do You Need a Richardson Personal Injury Lawyer?Any time you suffer injuries in an accident due to another party’s negligence, having an attorney on your side can make a big difference in the compensation you can recover. The legal team of Stewart J. Guss, Injury Accident Lawyers, is nationally recognized for protecting the rights of injured victims for more than 20 years. If San Angelo car accident injured you, call our office right now for a free consultation! Because we take all of our car accident cases on a contingency fee basis, you will not owe us a dime unless we win your case. We are available 24 hours a day, seven days a week, so call us today at 800-898-4877 or contact us now by clicking here to discuss your rights and see what we can do to help you get the compensation you deserve.
Review: 5/5 ★ ★ ★ ★ ★
"As a relatively new resident of Houston, I did not know of an attorney to contact for a personal injury suit. I randomly went through the yellow pages contacting two attorneys that had rejected my case prior to me contacting Stewart Guss. Stewart took my case on and settled for far more than I had anticipated. The silver lining of this is that I will now have enough money to go back to school for retraining, so I will be able to reenter the workforce in a new capacity. The paralegal, Angela, was kind and supportive throughout the process. If I did not understand the legal jargon, I did not hesitate to ask, and was never once made to feel that I was incompetent. Thank you Stewart and Angela for giving me a new lease on live."