New Orleans Personal Injury Attorney
We Stand up for Your Rights!
Office Location: 400 Poydras Tower, #1975, New Orleans, 70130
New Orleans is known for its music scene, amazing food, and good times all-around. Whether it’s Mardi Gras or just another weekend, the French Quarter and surrounding streets (the locals will recommend Frenchmen Street for the best music) are filled with both visitors and residents of this historic city.
Accidents and injuries can happen anywhere, and New Orleans has plenty of hazards that can result in serious personal injuries. While New Orleans is justly famous for having the best parties in the country, it also has one of the highest rates of car accidents. Our offices are located at 400 Poydras Tower, right in the middle of the CBD – from the 19th floor we have a “front row seat” to many of the unfortunate car accidents just in our area alone!
No matter how your injuries happen, always discuss your rights with an experienced attorney. Louisiana law entitles you to seek monetary compensation for your medical expenses and other losses if someone else caused your accident and injuries. After an accident, you should have a knowledgeable New Orleans personal injury lawyer evaluate what happened and whether you are eligible to recover financially after the accident.
If you or a loved one were in a car wreck, you may be injured, you may have questions about “what to do next,” and you may not even know where to start. Please know that we offer a FREE consultation, 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, so call us right now at 800-898-4877, or . There is NO cost to get a free consultation right now. If you decide to hire us, you pay us nothing up front, and you will pay absolutely nothing at all unless and until we’ve won your case.
Why Choose Our Firm?
Like any city, New Orleans has many law firms that claim they can help. So why choose our team?
- Every member of the team will treat you with the integrity and respect you deserve
- We value our clients first and are not afraid to play hardball on your behalf
- We have decades of combined experience and will do anything it takes to successfully advocate for your rights
- You NEVER pay a dime unless you recover compensation for your losses!
Stewart Guss’s team of attorneys will take every step possible to get you the maximum amount you deserve for your injuries and losses. We’re ready to talk about your accident and your rights, so please call us right away at 800-898-4877 for free.
Personal Injuries Can Happen in Many Ways
There are many types of personal injury cases arising from a wide variety of possible accidents. The claims that result from each accident can vary substantially with different legal issues and strategies depending on a number of factors. It’s critical to have a law firm on your side that knows how to handle your particular claim.
Our team handles many types of personal injury claims, including:
- Car accidents – Claims arising from car accidents are some of the most common, as more than two-million people sustain injuries in crashes on an annual basis in the United States. Many injured people were not at fault in the crash and are seeking to hold another negligent driver or party liable for their expenses. Many different causes of your accident could lead to a legal case, including distracted driving, drunk driving, aggressive driving, speeding, and more.
- Truck accidents – Nearly half a million traffic accidents each year involve a large commercial vehicle. These semi-trucks, tractor-trailers, tanker trucks, and more can cause devastating damage and injuries if they collide with smaller vehicles. The severity of the injuries involved or the difficulty in identifying the cause of the crash and whom you can hold liable can all complicate the resulting cases.
- Motorcycle accidents – Motorcycles are some of the most dangerous vehicles to operate, simply because a rider is so vulnerable in the event of a crash. Other than a helmet, most motorcyclists have little protection from other vehicles or from the ground. Many drivers fail to pay proper attention to motorcyclists and road hazards can prove significantly more risky for motorcycles than larger vehicles.
- Bicycle accidents – Many people ride their bikes around New Orleans for economy, exercise, or just enjoyment. Just like motorcyclists, bicyclists have little protection and often suffer severe injuries from crashes. Defective bicycles, negligent drivers, and dangerous roads or bike lanes are only some of the common causes of bike crashes.
- Pedestrian accidents – Many parts of New Orleans are filled with pedestrians exploring the city. Unfortunately, drivers do not always watch for people walking or pay attention to the rules of the road when it comes to pedestrian crosswalks and rights-of-way. For these reasons, too many people are seriously injured in pedestrian accidents around the city.
- Premises liability – You can go in and out of numerous businesses, hotels, and other properties on a daily basis—and each has its own potential hazards for accidents and injuries. Slip and fall accidents, swimming pool accidents, falls from heights, dog bites, and elevator accidents are only some of the many accidents that can cause you injury and lead to a premises liability claim.
- Construction worker accidents – Construction sites are extremely dangerous—for both workers and people walking or driving by the site. Many accidents are common around construction sites, such as falls, scaffolding collapses, getting hit by objects, electrocutions, power tool or machinery accidents, and more. We can help you whether you were working on the site or were simply injured while passing by.
- Dangerous drugs – Pharmaceutical companies make billions of dollars selling us products to make us better. Unfortunately, corporate greed is often prioritized over the good of the public, and corporations may sell drugs with dangerous side effects that can lead to severe and preventable health problems. People who were injured by dangerous drugs may bring a claim on their own or with a group of people who suffered the same injuries.
- Nursing home injuries – Nursing homes have the duty to provide proper care for residents—including basic nutrition, shelter, comfort, and any healthcare they may need. Sadly, too many nursing homes do not abide by these standards, and instead allow residents to suffer injuries due to neglect, physical abuse, emotional abuse, sexual abuse, and other misconduct.
- Gas and oilfield accidents – Many people who live in and around New Orleans work in the oil and gas industry. As we all well know, this is a risky line of work, and many different types of accidents may strike workers on the job. Whether an oil spill, an explosion, or another problem on land or water injures you, hire an attorney familiar with gas and oil injuries who can help protect your rights.
- Bus Accidents – The New Orleans Regional Transit Authority runs streetcars and buses all over the Crescent City. Tourists, in particular, will hop on the streetcars to sightsee as they roll from the French Quarter to the Garden District. While accidents involving NORTA buses are rare, they can produce terrible injuries due to the size of the vehicles—they can crush whatever they hit on the road and the passengers aren’t protected by seatbelts or airbags. The same thing can happen with school buses.
The above is not an exhaustive list of the cases our attorneys handle, and you should never wait to call our firm no matter what type of accident you suffered. We can help you pursue compensation or can point you in the right direction, so please pick up the phone to get the legal assistance you deserve today.
Handling a Wide Range of Injury Cases
In addition to the type of accident that you endured, the injuries you suffered can also dictate how you pursue your claim. At our firm, no injury is too small or too serious to discuss your rights.
Minor injuries can result in losses. Some people fail to seek legal help because they believe their injuries aren’t serious enough for a legal case. If you do this, you could end up unnecessarily responsible for your medical bills when someone else should face liability! People commonly sustain the following so-called minor injuries in personal injury cases:
Even though these injuries are generally not life-threatening and may not require an ambulance ride, they still demand proper diagnosis and treatment by medical professionals. You may need ongoing physical therapy to heal and you may miss hours or days of work in the process. Any negligent parties who caused your accident should compensate you for your medical bills and lost income. You shouldn’t hesitate to call just because you think your injury is too minor.
Complex and catastrophic injury claims. In addition to taking claims involving relatively minor injuries, our team never shies away from cases involving life-changing or life-threatening injuries. Such cases are complicated because they generally involve extraordinary amounts of damages due to the needed treatments and the lasting effects of the injuries. Some injuries include:
Catastrophic injuries often require immediate and extensive medical care, usually including long-term hospitalizations and surgeries. These injuries can also leave an accident victim with lasting disabilities, impairments, or disfigurement that can completely change their lives. Victims of severe injuries may not work for months, if ever again, resulting in significant lost past and future earnings. Combined with medical bills, the costs can easily rise into the hundreds of thousands of dollars. The permanency of such injuries can create additional challenges for which you may deserve compensation. Rest assured that our lawyers have the skill and experience to handle even the most complex injury cases.
How We Handle Your Claim
While the types of accidents and injuries will vary from claim to claim, so will the strategy to obtain the maximum amount of compensation for your losses. While you may associate personal injury lawyers with the courtroom, many cases actually begin by filing insurance claims.
Some people think they should handle a car or property insurance claim on their own. Unfortunately, they often fail to recognize the tactics used by most insurance companies to limit payouts to the detriment of injured accident victims. Insurance adjusters will try to gain your trust to get you talking—and then they will use whatever statements you make against you to limit your payment offer. These companies also routinely offer settlements for far less than the amount you deserve—and too many people accept such offers. This means they end up with a minimal settlement and tons of bills and expenses left over, with no additional legal rights to compensation.
Our attorneys will handle your insurance claim from start to finish. We are all too aware of every tactic that insurance companies use to limit payouts. We won’t ever fall for any of their tricks and we know how to beat them at their own game to obtain the settlement you deserve.
If an insurance company is refusing to make the right offer, we will play hardball and file a legal claim on your behalf. In some cases, we’ll recognize that we should file a lawsuit right from the start. In short, we will carefully analyze your case each step of the way to ensure we take the right measures to get you the settlement offer you need to cover all of your past and future damages.
Contact a New Orleans Car Accident Law Firm as Soon as Possible
The law firm of Stewart Guss and his team of attorneys knows how to take on insurance companies and even the most formidable adversaries in court. We will design legal strategies that will best seek the compensation you deserve in your specific case and will keep you informed of your claim’s progress.
We are nationally recognized personal injury attorneys who have protected the rights of injured victims for more than 20 years. If you were injured in an accident in the New Orleans area, call our office right now to schedule a free consultation! Because we take all of our personal injury cases on a contingent fee basis, you will not owe us a DIME unless we win your case. To schedule your case evaluation, call us today at 800-898-4877 or contact us now by clicking HERE.
Stewart J. Guss Personal Injury Lawyers
400 Poydras Tower
New Orleans, LA 70130
Don’t Take Chances – Let Us Help You!
See what past clients have to say:
★ ★ ★ ★ ★
“We received QUALITY service, reliable guidance and we are VERY satisfied with the outcome. Our treatment was both fair & honest; we highly recommend. If one word sums it up, the word would be Exceptional. “Thank you” for all you did!”
See more client testimonials here