New Orleans is known for its vibrant music scene and amazing food. Whether it’s Mardi Gras or just another weekend, the French Quarter is the destination for letting the good times roll.
Unfortunately for visitors and residents alike, accidents and injuries can happen anywhere, and while New Orleans is famous for having the best parties in the country, it also has one of the highest rates of car accidents. If you were seriously injured in an auto accident, motorcycle crash, truck collision, or another type of accident, reach out to a New Orleans Personal Injury Lawyer today to protect your legal rights.
Our New Orleans offices are conveniently located in the middle of the Central Business District, and from the 19th floor of 400 Poydras Tower, we have a “front-row seat” to many of the unfortunate car accidents that happen in the area.
Rest assured, the legal team at Stewart J. Guss Personal Injury Attorneys offers free consultations 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. Feel free to call us right now at 800-898-4877 or complete our simple form to send us a question and get more information.
[lwptoc title="New Orleans Personal Injury Accident Guide" skipHeadingLevel="h1,h3,h4"]
New Orleans Personal Injury Accident Guide
- New Orleans Personal Injury Lawyers Near You
- What are the Benefits of Choosing Our Firm?
- Which New Orleans Hazards, Accidents, & Personal Injuries Can We Handle?
- You Deserve a New Orleans Personal Injury Attorney With Experience Handling a Wide Range of Injury Cases
- How Does a New Orleans Accident Injury Claim Work?
- When Should You Get a New Orleans Personal Injury Attorney for a Car Accident?
- How Much Does an Experienced New Orleans Injury Attorney Cost for a Car Accident?
- Why Should You Get an Attorney for a Car Accident?
- Contact Our New Orleans Personal Injury Lawyers Today to Understand your Rights and Protect Your Interests.
- See what past clients have to say:
Louisiana law entitles you to seek monetary compensation for your medical expenses and other losses if someone else caused your accident and injuries. If you or a loved one was in a car accident or suffered serious injuries due to someone else's negligence or wrongdoing, you're probably feeling overwhelmed and stressed out in addition to your pain. When you're looking for a New Orleans personal injury lawyer near you, we are happy to discuss your options.
During this difficult time, there's one thing you should keep in mind. Big insurance companies are not on your side. In fact, they profit from tricking you and paying as little as possible. By manipulating victims into accepting low settlement offers, insurance companies avoid compensating them for the true extent of their damages.
Luckily, we are here to help.
You may not know what you're entitled to, but our experienced attorneys can help determine the compensation you can pursue. We can also connect you with the medical care and resources you need most–with no upfront cost. We will gather evidence to strengthen your case and fight tirelessly for you until you receive the money you deserve.
Get what you deserve. Get justice.
New Orleans Personal Injury Lawyers Near You
After you or a loved one were injured in an accident, you may be thinking, how do I find the “best personal injury lawyer near me?” Our Louisiana headquarters are located at 400 Poydras Tower, Suite #1975, in New Orleans, but we handle accident and injury claims all over the state of Louisiana. If you have a claim to discuss, contact our New Orleans personal injury attorneys. We’re always nearby, available 24 hours a day, seven days a week, at 800-898-4877, or you can contact us now by submitting your information through our online contact form for review.
What are the Benefits of Choosing Our Firm?
Like any major city, New Orleans has many law firms to choose from. So why choose us?
Stewart J Guss, Injury Accident Lawyers is a national law firm with a strong focus on the New Orleans region. When you choose our personal injury law firm, you’ll get a dedicated team with over two decades of experience handling accident injury cases of all kinds.
Our client-focused approach sets us apart from the rest. Every member of our team is committed to treating you with the respect and compassion you deserve during this stressful time. It’s our goal to help you obtain full and fair compensation for your medical bills, property damage, pain and suffering, lost wages, and much more.
When you partner with our team, here’s what to expect:
- No upfront costs. We work on a contingency fee basis, meaning you pay nothing upfront and nothing at all unless we win your case. We offer free case evaluations and consultations to injury victims 24/7, so don’t hesitate to contact us with any questions you may have. Call 800-898-4877 now.
- Help with your insurance claim. No clue how to file an insurance claim after your accident? No worries. We’ll handle everything, from filing paperwork, determining liability, coordinating your appointments, tracking your expenses, and negotiating with insurance companies to put money in your pockets. We are not afraid to play hardball with stingy adjusters and aggressive attorneys.
- Updates on your case. We’re with you every step of the way. Our client-focused approach means you’re treated with the compassion and patience you deserve throughout your case, and our attorneys and team members are here to address any questions and concerns you may have. At Stewart J Guss, Injury Accident Lawyers, we know your rights and how to protect them.
- Medical care and more. Get connected to the resources you need after your accident - including medical treatment, physical therapy, loaner vehicles, and more - all at no upfront cost. We’re here to provide everything you need when you need it most.
Stop letting insurance companies give you the runaround. Leave the negotiations to us while you focus on what matters most - getting your life back on track.
We’re ready to talk about your accident and your rights, so please call us right away at 800-898-4877 for your free consultation from a trusted legal professional.
Brian Page is an advocate you can trust to help you through your recovery. After obtaining his degree in political science, Brian worked as a private investigator. During this time, he developed his passion for the law, honed his investigative skills, and learned the true value of hard work, long hours, and perseverance.
Brian graduated from the Loyola University New Orleans College of Law and has practiced in New Orleans ever since. Since the early days of his career, Brian has advocated on behalf of everyday people against large corporations that put profits over people. As an attorney, his experience handling cases all the way from intake through trial has given him a unique perspective on the needs and expectations of clients coping with difficult issues. Brian has seen firsthand all the tricks insurance companies use to try to delay, deny, and defend legitimate claims from injured victims - and he won’t stand for them.
Brian is licensed to practice in all Louisiana State Courts and in Federal Court for the Eastern District of Louisiana.
As a proud New Orleans resident and Super Lawyers nominee, Brian has immense love for his lively city and has dedicated his career to helping its citizens bounce back from life-changing accidents. He has successfully argued cases in front of both judges and juries and focuses exclusively on cases involving personal injury.
When he’s not zealously advocating for his clients, you can find Brian at home trying to keep up with his two boys to the amusement of his wife Elaine. In his free time, he is an active member and rider in the Rolling Elvi Mardi Gras Sub Krewe and the assistant coach for his son Weston’s baseball team, the Lakeview Vikings. He also serves as the culinary team captain of “Notorious P.I.G.” in New Orleans’ annual “Hogs for the Cause” cook-off fundraiser for pediatric brain cancer.
Reach out today to learn how Brian can put his skills to work for you.
Which New Orleans Hazards, Accidents, & Personal Injuries Can We Handle?
Every case is unique. Many types of personal injuries can arise from a wide variety of possible accidents, and the resulting accident claims will vary substantially, with different legal issues and strategies depending on numerous factors. It’s important to have a law firm near you, who will fight for you, and who knows how to handle your particular claim.
Our team handles many types of personal injury claims, including:
- Car accidents – Claims arising from car accidents are some of the most common, as more than two-million people sustain injuries in crashes on an annual basis in the United States. Many different situations could lead to a legal case, including distracted driving, drunk driving, aggressive driving, speeding, and more. Check out this post for some traffic accident statistics.
- Truck accidents – Nearly half a million traffic accidents each year involve a large commercial vehicle. These semi-trucks, tractor-trailers, 18-wheelers, and tanker trucks can cause devastating injuries when they collide with smaller vehicles. Determining liability in truck accident cases can be especially complicated. If you're looking for an 18-wheeler accident lawyer, contact us today.
- Motorcycle accidents – Motorcycles are some of the most dangerous vehicles to operate, simply because a rider is so vulnerable in the event of a crash. Other than a helmet, most motorcyclists have little protection from other vehicles or from the ground. Many drivers fail to pay proper attention to motorcyclists, and road hazards can prove significantly more risky for motorcycles than larger vehicles.
- Bicycle accidents – Many people ride their bikes around the beautiful city of New Orleans for exercise or enjoyment. However, just like motorcyclists, bicyclists have little protection and often suffer severe injuries from crashes. Defective bicycles, negligent drivers, and dangerous roads or bike lanes are some of the common causes of the bike crashes we see.
- Pedestrian accidents – The streets of New Orleans are filled with pedestrians exploring the city. Unfortunately, drivers do not always watch for people walking or pay attention to the rules of the road when it comes to pedestrian crosswalks and rights-of-way. For these reasons, many people are seriously injured in pedestrian accidents around the city each year.
- Premises liability – Businesses, hotels, and other properties you visit every day all have their own potential hazards for accidents and injuries. Poor maintenance or faulty construction often contributes to these accidents. Slip and fall accidents, swimming pool accidents, falls from heights, dog bites, and elevator accidents are only some of the many accidents that can cause you injury and lead to a premises liability claim.
- Construction worker accidents – Construction sites are extremely dangerous, for workers and for people walking or driving by the site. Many accidents are common around construction sites, such as falls, scaffolding collapses, getting hit by objects, electrocutions, power tool or machinery accidents, and more. Whether you were working on the site or were simply injured while passing by, we may be able to help.
- Dangerous drugs – Pharmaceutical companies make billions of dollars selling us products to make us better. Unfortunately, corporate greed is often prioritized over the good of the public, and corporations may sell drugs with dangerous side effects that can lead to severe and preventable health problems. People who were injured by dangerous drugs may file a claim on their own or with a group of people who suffered the same injuries.
- Nursing home injuries – Nursing homes have the duty to provide proper care for residents—including basic nutrition, shelter, comfort, and any healthcare they may need. Sadly, too many nursing homes do not abide by these standards, and instead allow residents to suffer injuries due to neglect, physical abuse, emotional abuse, sexual abuse, and other misconduct.
- Scooter accidents – Over time, scooters have come a long way from their simple kick-propelled kids’ toy incarnation. These days, two types of motorized vehicles referred to as “scooters” can cause chaos on the streets of the Big Easy. Both are responsible for serious injuries around the nation—and here at home in New Orleans, too.
- Gas and oilfield accidents – Many people who live in and around New Orleans work in the oil and gas industry. As we know all too well, this is a risky line of work, and many different types of accidents may strike workers on the job. Whether an oil spill, an explosion, or another problem on land or water injures you, hire an attorney familiar with gas and oil injuries who can help protect your rights.
- Bus accidents – The New Orleans Regional Transit Authority runs streetcars and buses all over the Crescent City. Tourists, in particular, will hop on the streetcars to sightsee as they roll from the French Quarter to the Garden District. While accidents involving NORTA buses are rare, they can produce terrible injuries due to the size of the vehicles. They can crush whatever they hit on the road, and their passengers aren’t protected by seatbelts or airbags. The same thing can happen with school buses.
- Uber accidents - Traffic accidents caused by careless, negligent Uber drivers can devastate accident victims and their families. Convenience isn’t worth a life-changing injury that causes physical pain, mental anguish, and financial stress. Money won’t turn back the clock and undo the damage and trauma caused by a reckless Uber driver, but it can help ensure that you get the care you need.
- Wrongful death - Each year, across the United States, 45,000 people die in car accidents. Nearly 6,000 people are fatally injured in workplace accidents. A whopping 90,000 deaths happen as a result of medical malpractice. In each of these cases, a wrongful death lawsuit may be possible.
The above is not a complete list of our practice areas, and you should never wait to call our firm no matter what type of accident you suffered. We can help you pursue compensation or point you in the right direction, so please pick up the phone to get the legal assistance you deserve today.
You Deserve a New Orleans Personal Injury Attorney With Experience Handling a Wide Range of Injury Cases
In addition to the type of accident that you endured, the injuries you suffered can also dictate how you pursue your claim.
At our firm, no injury is too small or too serious to discuss your rightful compensation.
Minor injuries can still result in serious losses and disruption of your daily life. Some people fail to seek legal help because they believe their injuries aren’t serious enough for a legal case. If you do this, you could end up unnecessarily responsible for your medical bills when someone else should be paying!
People commonly sustain the following injuries in accident cases:
All injuries demand proper diagnosis and treatment by medical professionals. You may need ongoing physical therapy to heal and you may miss hours or days of work in the process.
If you did not cause the accident, why should you pay the price?
An attorney can help you determine the liability of any negligent parties who caused your accident, and obtain compensation for your medical bills and lost income. You shouldn’t hesitate to call just because you think your injury is too minor.
In addition to taking claims involving relatively minor injuries, our team never shies away from cases involving life-changing or life-threatening injuries. Such cases are complicated because they generally involve extraordinary amounts of damages due to the needed treatments and the long-lasting effects of the injuries. Some of these injuries include:
- Skull fractures
- Moderate to severe traumatic brain injuries (TBIs)
- Open fractures
- Facial or dental injuries
- Third or fourth-degree burns
- Spinal cord injuries
- Internal injuries
Catastrophic injuries often require immediate and extensive medical care, including long-term hospitalizations and surgeries. These injuries can also leave an accident victim with permanent disabilities, impairments, or disfigurement that can completely change their lives.
Victims of severe injuries may not work for months, if ever again, resulting in significant missed wages and lost earning potential. Combined with medical bills, the costs can easily rise into the hundreds of thousands of dollars. Rest assured that our lawyers have the skill and experience to handle even the most complex injury cases.
How Does a New Orleans Accident Injury Claim Work?
The types of accidents and injuries we see are as unique as every client who reaches out to us, and so are the strategies we use to help them with their claims.
One thing’s for certain, though: our goals always align with your goals. We strive to secure the maximum compensation for your losses.
While you may associate personal injury lawyers with heated courtroom battles, many cases actually settle out of court, thanks to properly-filed insurance claims. Below is a the typical path an accident claim will take when you’ve got a lawyer on your side:
- Evidence collection - Here, we work on building up your case. Before we file a claim, we want to make sure it’s bulletproof. This involves a time period of collecting evidence and assessing your injuries.
- Filing the claim - We compile all of the evidence and officially file the claim with the insurance company.
- Dealing with adjusters - Some people think they can handle a car or property insurance claim on their own. Unfortunately, they often fail to recognize the tricky tactics used by most insurance companies. Insurance adjusters will try to gain your trust—and then use whatever statements you make against you to limit your payment offer. Don’t get taken advantage of. Let your lawyer negotiate with them instead.
- Settlement offers - The insurance company will make you an offer, but if you accept too fast, you could end up with tens of thousands of dollars in medical bills and other expenses and no help in sight. Instead of accepting initial offers, your lawyer can fight for a lot more money for you during our next step…
- Negotiation - Eventually, after some fierce advocacy from your personal injury lawyer, an acceptable settlement can be reached. (If not, we go into litigation and duke it out in court.)
- Compensation - Money in your pockets at last! Your lawyer will collect their fee from a fraction of this settlement.
When you partner with us, our skilled attorneys will handle your insurance claim from start to finish. We are all too aware of every tactic that insurance companies use to limit payouts. We’ll never fall for their tricks, and we know how to beat them at their own game to obtain the settlement you deserve.
If an insurance company is refusing to make the right offer, we’re prepared for litigation. We will carefully analyze your case each step of the way to ensure we take the right measures to get you the settlement offer you need to cover all of your past and future damages.
When Should You Get a New Orleans Personal Injury Attorney for a Car Accident?
If you’re wondering when to hire an attorney after a car accident, let us spell out the answer for you: ASAP!
When it comes to taking legal action, there are time limits and deadlines called “statutes of limitations.” According to Article 3492 of the Louisiana Civil Code, the statute of limitations in Louisiana for personal injury lawsuits is one year from the date of the incident. This includes Louisiana car accident injury cases.
A year flies by faster than you think, and the clock starts ticking as soon as the accident happens. If you miss this important deadline, you may lose your chances of getting any compensation at all. Plus, if you wait too long to take legal action, important evidence may be lost forever.
So if you're currently scrolling through this page, debating "Should I get an attorney for my car accident?" The answer is yes! A professional New Orleans car accident attorney can help you get the ball rolling on your case and compile all the evidence you need to strengthen your claims.
How Much Does an Experienced New Orleans Injury Attorney Cost for a Car Accident?
Worried how much an attorney charges for car accident help? Don’t fret! We can connect you to a New Orleans car accident attorney who charges nothing upfront. All confidential consultations and case evaluations are 100% free, and if you choose to hire us, you will pay nothing out of pocket.
We know many injured victims hesitate to call an attorney after a car accident because they’re afraid of the cost, but a lawyer can help you get way more money from your car insurance claim.
So then, how do attorneys get paid for car accidents they help with? Most personal injury lawyers work on a contingency basis, meaning they collect their attorney fees from a portion of the settlement award after the case is closed. If they lose the case, they get nothing. If you don’t get paid, they don’t either!
Why Should You Get an Attorney for a Car Accident?
Still undecided on hiring an attorney for a car accident? Let’s outline the reasons.
When you team up with a New Orleans car accident lawyer, you’ll get connected to all the resources you need, like medical care, rental vehicles, expert witnesses, and so much more.
When it comes to legal proceedings, there are many opportunities for mistakes to be made... and predatory insurance companies are counting on you to slip up.
Pesky paperwork? Daunting deadlines? Standoffs with stubborn insurance companies? Let us handle it all while you focus on what really matters: recovering from your injuries and returning to your normal life.
Don’t try to handle your car accident claim alone. By missing a deadline or getting pressured into signing an early offer, you could miss out on tens or even hundreds of thousands of dollars.
Contact Our New Orleans Personal Injury Lawyers Today to Understand your Rights and Protect Your Interests.
Stewart J Guss, Injury Accident Lawyers is a nationally recognized personal injury law firm with a focus in the New Orleans area. We have protected the rights of injured victims for more than 20 years, and we know how to take on big insurance companies and even the most formidable adversaries in court. We design legal strategies based on the unique details of your case, we keep you informed on your claim’s progress every step of the way, and we relentlessly pursue compensation for you and your family.
If you were injured in an accident in the New Orleans area, call our office right now to schedule a free consultation. Because we take all of our personal injury cases on a contingent fee basis, you will not owe us a dime unless we win your case.
To schedule your case evaluation, call our law office today at 800-898-4877 or contact us now by clicking HERE.
Here are some more helpful resources put together by our experienced New Orleans car accident attorneys:
- SECRETS of Nationwide Car Accident Claims REVEALED!
- SECRETS of Progressive Insurance Car Accident Claims EXPOSED!
- SECRETS of Farmers Insurance Car Accident Claims EXPOSED!
- SECRETS of Zurich Insurance Claims EXPOSED
- SECRETS of Liberty Mutual Car Accident Claims EXPOSED
- How Much to Expect from a Car Accident Settlement
Our Louisiana personal injury lawyers are proud to offer legal representation to injured accident victims in New Orleans and throughout the Louisiana area, including Metairie, Kenner, Gretna, Houma, Slidell, Baton Rouge, Chalmette, and more. We have years of experience helping injured victims who suffered personal injury in vehicle accidents, dog bite accidents, slip and falls, product liability cases, and more. So call us today!
Stewart J Guss, Injury Accident Lawyers
Real People, Real Results
We value the time and trust of each and every person who reaches out to us for help, and there’s no greater accomplishment than getting referrals from our past clients. Check out what they have to say about their experiences:
See what past clients have to say:
★ ★ ★ ★ ★
"We received QUALITY service, reliable guidance and we are VERY satisfied with the outcome. Our treatment was both fair & honest; we highly recommend. If one word sums it up, the word would be Exceptional. “Thank you” for all you did!"
See more client testimonials here