Before filing any Geico accident claims for a car crash - READ THIS!
If you’ve watched any television in the last several years, chances are you’ve seen a smooth-talking gecko or a comical caveman encouraging you to make the switch to GEICO car insurance.
Boasting one of the largest insurance advertising budgets in the United States, GEICO—short for “Government Employees Insurance Company”—has soared to success. In 1996, GEICO became a subsidiary of Berkshire Hathaway, headed by Warren Buffett, one of the nation’s most successful investors. Within its first year of operation in 1936, GEICO wrote 3,700 policies. Today, it is the second-largest auto insurance provider in the country, counting more than 18 million drivers as policyholders with more than 30 million insured vehicles.
- SECRET #1: NEVER GIVE A GEICO CLAIM ADJUSTER A RECORDED STATEMENT!
- SECRET #2: BE CAREFUL WHAT YOU SAY TO ADJUSTERS!
- SECRET #3: YOUR ACTUAL MEDICAL BILLS MAY NOT MATTER WHEN CALCULATING YOUR GEICO CLAIM!
- SECRET #4: YOUR GEICO CLAIM IS PROBABLY WORTH MORE THAN YOU THINK!
- SECRET #5: GEICO WANTS YOU TO ACCEPT THE FIRST OFFER!
- SECRET #6: GEICO HAS A TRICKY WAY OF JUSTIFYING LOWBALL OFFERS
- SECRET #7: YOU MIGHT HAVE TO FILE A PERSONAL INJURY LAWSUIT
- Contact an Auto Accident Attorney Who Knows How to Handle Your GEICO Claim!
If you’re in a crash, there’s a high chance you’ll be filing a GEICO claim.
However, you need to know what tricks to expect when dealing with a GEICO claim adjuster to avoid unfair treatment.
If you need to file a GEICO claim, call an accident law firm that has successfully settled thousands of personal injury claims with GEICO in the past. We have insider knowledge of how this huge insurance company and its GEICO claim adjusters handle accident claims.
Trust Guss Injury Lawyers is a national personal injury law firm based in Houston with multiple offices around the country. We also work with affiliate law firms in most states that share our focus and dedication to excellence.
A GEICO claim adjuster may try to discourage you from hiring a personal injury attorney. They may claim it will be too expensive or complicated.
Don’t be fooled!
When you hire us, you owe us absolutely nothing upfront and nothing at all unless we win your case. Because we work on a contingency fee basis, we do not get paid until you get paid. In fact, partnering with a lawyer can often streamline your GEICO claim and get you a substantially larger settlement.
We’ll let you in on seven secrets that can help you deal with a GEICO car accident claim and come out on top. Let us help with your GEICO claim so you don’t miss out on the compensation you deserve!
SECRET #2: BE CAREFUL WHAT YOU SAY TO ADJUSTERS!
Always be cautious about what you say to adjusters. It is wise to keep your responses to a minimum or direct all communication to your car accident lawyer.
Soon after a crash with a GEICO policyholder, you can bet an adjuster will start calling. They’ll attempt to pry into various aspects of your accident,. You should only provide them with the basics, such as your own personal identifying information and the time and place of the crash.
There are many things you should NOT discuss with the GEICO claim adjuster at this stage of the claim! Topics to avoid discussing include the following:
- How the accident happened, and what you were doing in the time before the crash
- Your medical diagnosis and treatment
- Your medical expenses thus far
- The amount of time you had to miss work
- How your injuries may affect your life. Including your daily activities, recreational activities, pain levels, and general suffering from your injuries
These things are important, but they can all be definitively proven by the evidence your car accident lawyer collects. Don’t try to speculate or share any details prematurely. There’s a chance you will say something inaccurate that they can twist around and use against you. This is especially important if you don’t know whether you’re being recorded.
For example, imagine you’ve only missed two days of work at the time of the call. But you find out later that you need surgery that will keep you bedridden for a month. The adjuster will attempt to cite your claim of only missing two days of work, even though that isn’t the truth!
While you may think there’s no harm in telling your side of the story to an insurance adjuster, beware! They’re on the lookout for any ammunition they can use against you. If possible, they will repurpose your words in order to limit your settlement offer. You may think it’s rude to refuse to answer questions. But it is your legal right, and it’s in your best interest!
Long story short: if a GEICO claim adjuster tries to talk to you about your accident and injuries, politely decline. Immediately call an attorney who knows what to say and what not to say during the accident insurance claim process.
Our lawyers know how important it is to watch what you say when dealing with a GEICO claims adjuster. We can handle all communications with GEICO to make sure that nothing harmful goes on the record.
Protect your rights, protect your claim, and receive the money you need. Contact our office right now at 866-959-0975 or fill out this simple form for a free consultation today.
SECRET #3: YOUR ACTUAL MEDICAL BILLS MAY NOT MATTER WHEN CALCULATING YOUR GEICO CLAIM!
When you’ve diligently kept track of your accident-related medical bills and submitted them to GEICO, you expect them to add everything up and come back with a settlement offer that covers it all, right?
Unfortunately, GEICO doesn’t always play fair.
GEICO is one of many insurance companies that ignores the actual dollar amounts of your medical expenses. Instead, they replace the total with what they call “usual and customary charges.” This means that GEICO brings in its own medical professionals to decide whether or not your expenses were typical for the type of treatments you received and the location you received the treatment. These assessments may be biased, and GEICO may accuse you or your doctor of exaggerating. They will base a settlement offer on their new estimated amount—which is usually much less than you actually owe.
If this seems unfair, that’s because it is! GEICO should not be able to retroactively decide how much your treatment should’ve cost. If your doctor thought specific types of treatment were necessary, you should feel comfortable receiving care without worrying whether the insurance company will cover the cost. Companies like GEICO shouldn’t make accident victims hesitate about getting the treatment they need, fearing the insurance company may discount the costs.
Luckily, a skilled personal injury law firm knows how to get the right proof. A dedicated GEICO car accident claim lawyer at Trust Guss Injury Lawyers can present substantial evidence that your expenses were in line with “usual and customary” medical practices in your region. We will argue that you deserve to have the full amount covered. We stand up against GEICO for the rights of injured victims like you every day. Our attorneys believe you should be able to follow your doctor’s orders, get the treatment you need, and have your legitimate GEICO claim cover your medical expenses. It’s only fair!
We know that your medical bills are fair, even if GEICO claims otherwise. We will always fight for full and fair compensation for your current and future medical expenses.
SECRET #4: YOUR GEICO CLAIM IS PROBABLY WORTH MORE THAN YOU THINK!
After a car accident, you may think you don’t need help calculating the value of your claim. After all, there’s a paper trail from the doctor, the auto shop, and others. The numbers are right there in black and white! Many people take their medical bills, add them to their car repair bills, and then submit that amount for a GEICO check claim.
However, this is usually a much lower amount than you deserve. Chances are, you should actually be seeking substantially more in your GEICO claim.
In reality, calculating damages after an accident is a complicated task. It requires a lot more than just adding up your bills.
Here are some additional losses that our attorneys know how to accurately calculate to ensure you receive the full amount you deserve:
- Future medical expenses – Your injuries don’t miraculously heal the moment you settle your insurance claim. You may need ongoing medical treatment or be coping with chronic pain for the rest of your life. Many car accident victims need ongoing treatment or therapy long after a crash. In some situations, it’s better to put a claim on hold until you complete all of your medical treatment so you and your doctors have a clearer prognosis. But we know this isn’t always possible. Statutes of limitations establish a window of opportunity for you to file an injury lawsuit. If you wait too long, you can lose your right to file a lawsuit. If time is short, we can roughly estimate your future medical expenses even if you haven’t yet undergone the treatment or received the bills. Thanks to the help of expert witnesses, economists, and medical providers, we can accurately determine how much you might have to pay for your future treatment.
- Lost earnings – Many types of car accident injuries can prevent you from working, sometimes for months or even years! Even a few hours of missed work due to doctor’s visits or physical therapy can throw a wrench into your budget, leaving you struggling to cover basic expenses. This is why seeking compensation for your past and future lost income is critical to your GEICO claim. By reviewing your employer's pay stubs, time sheets, and statements, we can accurately estimate how much work and income you have missed and how much you’ll miss in the future.
- Miscellaneous expenses – Accident injuries and related complications can snowball and turn your daily life upside down. If your car is totaled, you may be paying for a rental car or rideshare services. If you are bedridden from your injuries, you may be paying for additional help with childcare or chores. If you had a vacation planned and can no longer go, you may lose out on any non-refundable airfare, lodging, or other arrangements you already paid for. And what if you need to rent medical equipment? All of this adds up quickly and can drain your financial resources in no time. Fortunately, these injury-related costs may be recoverable in a car accident GEICO claim. A dedicated personal injury lawyer will consider all this and more!
- Non-economic losses – After a car accident, your emotional pain and suffering are just as valid as your physical injuries. However, this turmoil cannot be easily measured in terms of traditional monetary cost. Calculating the value of non-economic loss for pain and suffering requires a specific approach, and this is one type of loss that GEICO claims adjusters frequently dispute. We can help.
Don’t back down. We see the big picture of how a car accident has impacted your life, and we’re ready to fight for what’s right.
When you speak with a member of our legal team, we know the questions to ask to learn about all of your losses, not just your existing medical bills or car repairs.
If you ask for too little when you file your GEICO claim, of course, the adjuster won’t ever argue with you! They’ll gladly stay quiet and never let you know you deserve more due to your injuries and financial losses.
Instead, the GEICO claims adjuster will allow you to accept far less than you need and deserve, knowing you’ll have to pay out-of-pocket for the remainder of your losses. They are not on your side. They also know that you can’t come back and ask for more money after you already accepted a settlement, so they’re happy to have you accept a settlement they know is much too low.
With years of experience standing up against GEICO, we can help you obtain the compensation you deserve. Call us right away at 866-959-0975 or submit your claim for evaluation now.
SECRET #5: GEICO WANTS YOU TO ACCEPT THE FIRST OFFER!
This might not be a “secret” since almost everyone in negotiations wants the other party to accept the very first offer and go away without a fuss. However, GEICO claims adjusters work really hard to make sure you accept the first offer without realizing what a bad deal it is for you.
GEICO claims adjusters might use a recorded phone call to pressure you to hastily agree to settle the claim right away. They might promise to avoid delays and prioritize your claim as long as you promise to accept the initial offer. When you’re staring at a growing pile of bills after your accident, settling the claim as soon as possible may seem like the best idea at that time. But take it from us: it’s never a good idea to accept the very first offer.
Often, the first offer is the worst offer. An adjuster will make the lowest offer possible to protect their bottom line and then hope you’ll fall for it. If you accept this low offer, you enter a legally binding agreement that prevents you from seeking further compensation, no matter how many accident-related hardships pop up later. Don’t be taken advantage of!
Here are some reasons why you should never accept an offer without first reviewing it with a lawyer:
- The first offer is usually EXTREMELY LOW.
- If you accept an offer too quickly, you may later realize your injuries are worse than you thought. You may not have not accounted for the additional expenses you will incur.
- Once you accept an offer, the settlement agreement includes a waiver of your right to seek additional money from this accident. This includes expenses that continue to pile up after you agree to the settlement.
- GEICO claims adjusters will try to convince you that swiftly accepting an offer is in your best interest. This is seldom true. Only an experienced attorney can appropriately assess offers. We provide knowledgeable advice based on a skilled evaluation of your claim’s true value.
Don’t trust GEICO claim adjusters. It could cost you dearly.
Instead, discuss whether a settlement offer will be sufficient with an experienced auto insurance claims attorney. Every day, we review offers and advise clients in your situation. We know whether it’s time to accept a settlement offer or whether we can negotiate for more compensation for you and your family. Don't miss out on the money you need. Protect your financial future by partnering with a dedicated injury claim attorney who will fight for you.
Too many car accident victims are fooled into believing the first offer is the final offer. When you are dealing with a GEICO claims adjuster, they may frame an offer as “all or nothing.” Vulnerable victims are left in the dark, unaware that they could continue to fight for a higher amount. We’re here to tell you our skilled negotiators are regularly able to get much higher amounts than are originally offered by GEICO and other major insurers. Never accept the first offer without consulting with us first. Remember, your consultation is 100% FREE!
SECRET #6: GEICO HAS A TRICKY WAY OF JUSTIFYING LOWBALL OFFERS
You may never suspect that GEICO might try to purchase your hospital lien. This may sound like a good thing at first, but GEICO buys liens for much less than they are worth. GEICO then uses the purchase price as the “true” amount of your bills—even though they were originally much higher. Consider this example:
- You owed $40,000 in medical debt
- GEICO purchased your lien for $10,000
- The GEICO adjuster now bases your settlement offer on the $10,000 amount
If you go to court, the jury only sees the $10,000 in bills and likely assumes your injuries were less serious than they were. This results in them awarding you much less for pain and suffering.
Without a lawyer, there’s not much you can do to combat this tactic. Our team of car accident lawyers knows how to “counterpunch” and fight for every penny you deserve. We’re open RIGHT NOW, so call us at 866-959-0975 or submit your claim for evaluation through our online contact form.
SECRET #7: YOU MIGHT HAVE TO FILE A PERSONAL INJURY LAWSUIT
Many people automatically associate lawyers with fierce courtroom debates. We know the idea of going to court may seem stressful or intimidating. However, you must realize that a lawsuit may be necessary in your car accident cases to make sure you get all the compensation you need and deserve.
Our attorneys often negotiate with GEICO claim adjusters to obtain favorable settlement offers out of court. But it’s not always possible to resolve a case by filing a GEICO claim alone. This may happen when the insurer is disputing liability for the crash or when a victim’s injuries and losses are particularly severe. It is especially important to get full compensation when a car accident causes life-changing and permanent injuries.
When GEICO refuses to cooperate and offer proper payment, the next step may be filing a civil personal injury lawsuit. However, don’t assume that filing a lawsuit means you’ll have to go to trial. Our attorneys regularly reach pre-trial settlements, so you don’t have to step foot in a courtroom!
Still, the litigation process is complicated. You want an experienced litigator who is familiar with your case and ready to file suit when the need arises. The following is a (very) brief overview of the car accident litigation process you might experience if GEICO refuses to treat you fairly. A successful personal injury lawyer must be skilled in:
- Preparing and filing a persuasive complaint within the statute of limitations.
- Discovery, which involves gathering evidence from the defendant(s) via depositions and written requests.
- Filing motions with the court and arguing on your behalf at motion hearings.
- Engaging in ongoing settlement negotiations throughout the entire pre-trial process.
- Representing you at trial if settlement negotiations are not successful.
One important fact to remember: even though you’ll file your lawsuit against the responsible driver, GEICO will surely be paying any judgment amount up to the insurance policy limits. For this reason, GEICO will have to use its resources to defend against the lawsuit.
Too many law firms take the easy way out. They allow car accident victims to accept whatever settlement they can get from the insurance company and dodge any extra work. They want a quick “open and shut case.” These firms are often called “settlement mills,” which often result in inadequate client compensation.
We won’t stand for this. Our team is made up of skilled litigators who only want the best for our clients, even if it means taking your GEICO claim to civil court. Our goals are your goals and a victory for you is a victory for us!
Sometimes, just having the right representation at the beginning of a claim can show GEICO that you are serious about filing a lawsuit when needed. Our lawyers have opposed major insurance companies before. They know we won’t hesitate to file a civil lawsuit to stand up for our clients’ rights. Partnering with our team of legal professionals can show these companies that you mean business. This gives you leverage from the start.
Hiring a lawyer may even encourage the GEICO claims adjuster to offer what you deserve without the need for a lawsuit. Our national reputation for playing hardball with insurance companies like GEICO often helps to resolve claims faster and more efficiently for our clients!
Contact an Auto Accident Attorney Who Knows How to Handle Your GEICO Claim!
Overall, every car accident victim should be aware that auto insurance companies like GEICO play mind games and use tricks to limit their liability and increase their bottom lines. The insurance claims process is rarely straightforward. Without solid legal representation, it can be challenging to navigate.
GEICO wants you to file your claim online, talk to an adjuster from their claims center, and settle quickly. This is not in your best interest!
Don’t get stuck with unsatisfactory results.
Seek legal assistance right from the start of the process, and don’t face any more stress than you have to.
The nationally-recognized team of attorneys and legal professionals at Trust Guss Injury Lawyers are ruthless when it comes to resolving insurance claims. Including GEICO claims. For more than 20 years, we have fought for our clients. We bring the knowledge necessary to protect your rights both during the insurance claim process and in the courtroom. Our lawyers can help you obtain the money you need from the other driver to pay for medical expenses, property damage, lost wages, and more. We use your medical records, lost wages, car crash evidence, and more to build a unique case that is designed to recover the maximum compensation from the at-fault driver and their insurance company.
If you’re dealing with unfair treatment from GEICO after your car accident, you’re not alone. Our firm is here to help you get the relief you need. Call now for a risk-free case review and learn more about your options. Best of all, since we take all of our personal injury cases on a contingent fee basis, you will not owe us a DIME unless we win your case. You have nothing to lose and everything to gain.
We’re available 24/7 to discuss your case, so call us today at 866-959-0975 or contact us now online. We want to provide you with the legal advice you need to choose the path that is best for you after a serious accident. Don't settle for a lower settlement amount than you deserve - call us today!