Protecting the Rights of Car Accident Victims in Texas
- Did you get injured in a car accident on the I-10 in Houston?
- Perhaps someone rear-ended you while you were at a stoplight in Katy, Texas?
No matter where your car accident occurred in Texas, one thing is for certain: you need someone on your side.
A car crash in Texas can jar you and leave you in shock. During this stressful time, insurance companies may come calling. Their main goal is to pay you as little as possible. After all, that’s how they continue to make profits year in and year out. Unfortunately, many Texans who suffer injuries in car accidents do not know their options or where to turn. The legal team at the law office of Stewart J. Guss, however, is here to help you.
Our office has represented many Texas car accident victims in insurance claims and personal injury lawsuits during the last 20 years. We are a national law firm with strong local presence in Texas. In fact, we have 3 offices in Houston, as well as an injury law office in Katy and Dallas. We will always honestly discuss your rights and your best options for seeking compensation after a crash. Our Texas car accident lawyers provide personalized and effective assistance to every client, so you do not have to worry about your case and can focus on recovering from your injuries. We handle all types of accident and injury cases, so if you believe you have a claim, please contact us today to discuss how we may help you.
Why Choose Our Texas Car Accident Lawyers?
After a car accident in Houston, it’s important to have someone on your side that cares about you and who will fight for what is rightfully yours. Our Texas car accident attorneys are here with the experience and knowledge necessary when dealing with insurance companies who only want pay as little amount of money possible after an auto wreck. The legal process might be difficult, but don’t worry because our team has had great success helping Texans just like yourself get back into their pre-injury life again.
We’ve done it all before. And we can do so much more for you!
Stewart J Guss Injury Accident Lawyers is a 20-year leader in the Houston car accident field, with a success rate that speaks volumes about our skills and experience. Just take one look at these testimonials and results from some of our past clients. We have collected millions of dollars on behalf of clients who were hurt due to another’s negligence. What can we do for you?
If you’ve been injured or hurt in a car accident anywhere in Texas, we have five unique locations to better serve you! To make it even easier, we offer FREE initial consultations and reviews, so you can get the answers you need after a Texas car crash. We can meet you in person at one of our many Texas locations or we offer virtual appointments as well. Where are our Texas car accident lawyers?
If you live in Houston, we have three convenient offices for you to choose from!
- Our principal Houston office is located at 12777 Jones Road just a few blocks from Matzke Park and in between Grant Road and Cypress North Houston Road. If you live in The Woodlands, Spring, Cypress, Jersey Village, or Aldine, getting to our office is a breeze.
- Our downtown Houston office is located at 808 Travis St. in between the Theater District Station and Central Station Main. We are also just a few blocks from Houston City Hall and Sam Houston Park.
- Our Northwest Houston office is located at 1415 N Loop W just off of I-610 and just a few blocks from Memorial Hermann Greater Heights Hospital.
- Our Katy office is located at 6701 Highway Blvd, Suite 205 just a few blocks from Katy High School.
- Our Dallas office is located at 1910 Pacific Avenue Suite 6000 just across the street from Pacific Plaza, One Dallas Center, and Main Street Garden Park.
Don’t worry: if you are uninsured, or cannot afford health insurance deductibles, because we can still help you obtain the medical treatment you need at no upfront out of pocket cost to you.
We are available 24 hours a day, seven days a week, so call us today at 866-948-2990 or send us a confidential email now by CLICKING HERE.
Best yet – we work on a contingency fee basis, so you don’t have to pay us anything unless we can collect compensation for you!
Information About Texas Car Accidents
You can drive for years without incident—then, suddenly, a Texas car crash can turn your life upside-down. Thousands of people experience this every single day in the United States—and for many people, life is never the same. The Texas Department of Transportation collects and publishes data to educate the public regarding the true prevalence of traffic accidents in our state—and to help you prepare, because it can happen to you.
Statistics regarding car accidents in Texas in 2016 include:
- Traffic accidents caused injuries to 265,076 persons
- 17,582 persons sustained serious injuries
- 3,773 persons died in car accidents—one person died every 2 hours and 20 minutes—in Texas
- Rural parts of the state suffered 1,942 traffic accidents deaths
- 1,293 persons died when their cars ran off the road and no other vehicles crashed
- 814 persons died in intersection crashes
- Head-on collisions killed 638 persons
- A single crash accounted for more than six fatalities
- 987 fatalities resulted from drunk driving accidents, most of which took place between 2 a.m. and 3 a.m.
- 455 fatalities stemmed from distracted driving
As you can see, a staggering number of car accident injuries and deaths take place in Texas, where a crash injures someone every two minutes. You never know when an accident will strike you or a family member, so learn what to do and know your rights as a car accident victim.
Car Accidents in Texas Cause Severe Injuries
Car accidents in Texas are traumatic for both the mind and the body. Not only can a sudden crash leave you disoriented and in shock, but you may also sustain serious and perhaps even life-changing injuries. Even an injury that seems minor at first may leave unexpected and significant effects on your finances and your life. Never underestimate the importance of proper medical treatment after a crash, because a timely diagnosis is critical to both start necessary treatments and to protect your legal rights.
Every car accident claim is different depending on the nature and severity of the injuries. At the law office of Stewart J. Guss, we have handled cases involving a wide range of injuries, including catastrophic injuries.
Common Texas car accident injuries include:
- Spinal cord injuries, which may cause paralysis
- Back injuries
- Whiplash and other neck injuries
- Broken bones
- Concussions and more serious traumatic brain injuries (TBIs)
- Facial fractures
- Skull fractures
- Internal bleeding and organ damage
In many cases, you will obviously require emergency medical attention and an ambulance will need to transport you for care. However, even if an ambulance is not necessary, you should still seek a full medical evaluation if you experience any pain, soreness, stiffness, or cognitive issues after a crash. Many people write these symptoms off as expected results of jarring accidents, when in reality they sustained serious injuries.
Common Car Accident Losses in Texas
Too many people fail to get the medical attention they need after accidents because they worry about the costs. While healthcare is overwhelmingly expensive, always put your physical needs first and remember that many car accidents victims have the right to compensation for their expenses.
What types of compensation can you seek after a Texas car accident?
- Medical expenses. Medical bills can pile up quickly after a crash and may include emergency care and transportation, surgeries, hospitalization, physical therapy, medications, home health care, and more. If you sustained a catastrophic injury, medical expenses can mount up for months, years, or even the rest of your life. Our attorneys will assess the total value of your past and future medical costs to ensure you seek compensation for all of your bills.
- Lost wages and loss of earning capacity. In addition to medical expenses, car accident victims can incur other financial losses due to missing work. Injuries commonly keep people from working for a period of time—and when you do not get paid as usual, financial issues can quickly arise in your household. Particularly severe injuries may impair your ability to do your job and you may have to seek lesser-paying employment or rely on disability payments. The good news is that many car accident victims may recover compensation for both past wages lost and future lost earning ability.
- Pain and suffering. Car accident victims also experience non-economic damages. In cases involving serious injuries, losses may include pain and suffering, mental trauma, lost enjoyment of life as you once knew it, permanent disabilities, and more.
- Property damage. Car wrecks in Texas can result in thousands of dollars in property damage. This includes damage to your vehicle, as well as other items in your car, including phones, laptops, car seats and more. You can seek compensation for the property damage you suffered.
Whether your car accident losses are a couple thousand dollars or reach into the millions, our office can determine your rights to compensation. We know how to accurately determine the value of your case to cover your past and future losses. Contact us today to learn the full amount of compensation you deserve.
Who Caused Your Texas Auto Collision?
In most accidents, one or more parties acted in a negligent manner. These are known as “at fault parties.” Texas law allows injured victims to hold the at fault driver liable for their losses, so identifying the responsible parties is a key element in determining your best course of action.
Negligent people, companies, or even government agencies can cause you to crash. Common reasons behind car accidents include:
- Drunk or drugged driving
- Distracted driving, including texting while driving
- Aggressive driving or road rage
- Fatigued driving or falling asleep at the wheel
- Running red lights
- Violating traffic safety laws
- Failing to maintain a vehicle
- Selling vehicles with defective parts
- Failing to maintain the roads and highways
- Designing dangerous roads
- Not posting warnings about potential road hazards
Whether your motor vehicle accident involved a hit and run driver, multiple vehicles or only your car crashed, you may still hold another party liable. Evaluate your situation with a skilled Texas auto accident lawyer as soon as possible.
Types of Texas Car Accidents
It is important that your personal injury lawyer knows the laws of the state of Texas. There are many types of accidents that occur in Texas and our Texas car accident lawyers have seen it all. We have successfully represented Texans show suffered injuries in a variety of auto wrecks, including:
- Rear-end collisions
- Side-impact accidents of T-bone collisions
- Head-on accidents
- Hit and run accidents
- Drunk driving accidents
- UM/UIM accidents
- Rollover accidents
- Accidents with government entity
Do Not Wait to Call a Texas Car Accident Attorney
Many people don’t know whether they need an attorney or whether their case is worth enough to pursue—but any losses are worth pursuing if someone else caused your injuries. Even if you know you want to speak to an attorney, you may not know who to call or trust. For these reasons, many car accident victims put off calling a lawyer for some time after their crashes.
Texas law, however, sets a specific time limit for most car accident claims—two years from the date of the accident. This is known as a statute of limitations. If you fail to take action within two years, you will likely lose your right to compensation—even if someone else caused the accident.
While two years may seem like a long time, you must take many steps before you file a claim. Determining the cause of an accident may require investigation. You may first need to pursue an insurance claim, and if you do need to file a lawsuit, the complaint will require careful preparation and drafting. Therefore, always give a car accident lawyer plenty of time to properly pursue your claim and do not wait too long after an accident to schedule your free case evaluation.
How a Texas Car Accident Law Firm Can Help You
When you picture personal injury attorneys, you may first think about someone arguing in court. However, a car accident law firm can assist you in many ways other then heading to trial, including:
Evaluating your case – To know whether you have the right to compensation, an attorney will first evaluate what happened and how Texas law applies to your case. We will examine all of your options for seeking compensation and help you pursue the most efficient yet effective course of action.
Valuing your claim – Calculating car accident losses requires you to estimate future losses as well as non-financial and intangible losses such as pain and suffering—a complicated process. Our legal team may hire medical and economic experts to ensure that we properly and fully value your claim.
Handling the insurance process – Many car accident claims do not require filing a lawsuit because insurance claims can resolve them. Our attorneys will file a claim on your behalf with the negligent driver’s insurance company and provide evidence to support your claim. Insurance companies are notorious for offering less than claimants deserve. However, we will evaluate any offers insurance adjusters make and negotiate for the amount you truly deserve. Do not accept an insurance offer or Texas car accident settlement before an experienced attorney fully evaluates it. Otherwise, you risk losing out on compensation that you truly deserve and need.
Filing a legal claim – If an insurance company refuses to cover all of your losses, or if your losses exceed the policy limits, you can file a personal injury lawsuit directly against any negligent parties. The personal injury litigation process involves many procedures and rules. To ensure you have the most effective claim possible, always hire an experienced litigator to handle every step of your claim. Our attorneys understand the civil court system and know how to best gather evidence to build strong claims, negotiate proper settlements, and take your case into the courtroom if needed.
Texas personal injury cases involve many laws and procedural rules. Cases can become particularly complex if you suffer severe or catastrophic injuries. Fortunately, our legal team has the knowledge and experience to handle even the most complicated car accident cases. We can also handle wrongful death claims if you tragically lost a family member in a car accident.
Whether your case requires an insurance claim or a full trial in court, you never pay a fee unless we successfully obtain compensation for you. You have nothing to lose by learning more about your legal rights and options as a car accident victim.
Find out More About Our Texas Car Accident Lawyers
If you or a loved one suffered an injury in a Texas car accident, you need legal representation from the start. The law office of Stewart J. Guss has helped many clients throughout Texas assert their rights after sustaining accident injuries. We have over 20 years experience helping injured Texas car accident victims just like you!
If you were injured, it is natural to have many questions. We are here to answer them and address any of your concerns. Our experience and track record speaks for itself, and we will always bring all of our resources to the table to help every client.
Our Texas personal injury law firm has offices throughout the state to better serve you. We are proud to serve injured accident victims and families in Katy, Houston, Dallas, Fort Worth, San Antonio, Waco, Austin, Corpus Christi, and more.
Don´t Take Chances – Let Us Help You!
See what past clients have to say:
★ ★ ★ ★ ★
“We received QUALITY service, reliable guidance and we are VERY satisfied with the outcome. Our treatment was both fair & honest; we highly recommend. If one word sums it up, the word would be Exceptional. “Thank you” for all you did!”