A multi-vehicle accident can cause all sorts of confusion for victims, law enforcement, insurance companies, and even inexperienced lawyers....
Houston Car Accident Lawyer
Do you need a Houston car accident lawyer?
Houston’s roads are the nation’s most dangerous and deadly. We know because we live here too!
When you’ve been in a road accident, our car accident injury lawyers in Houston can help you know your rights – and protect them.
We know the stress you are under. That’s why our Houston car accident attorneys work hard to take some of the legal burdens off your shoulders during this time.
As an accident injury law firm with over 20 years of experience, Stewart J. Guss is the name to remember if you’re ever in a wreck. From fender benders to catastrophic pile-ups, our firm handles it all.
You and your loved ones deserve the best Texas car accident lawyer on your side during this stressful time. We are proud to offer FREE consultations, 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, so don’t wait any longer to know your rights. Get the help you deserve. Reach out now to be connected to lawyers near you.
You are never under any obligation when you call our law firm for help.
We can meet with you to help you better understand your legal options and answer your questions. Our Houston car accident lawyers want to help you make the best choice for you after a serious crash.
Houston Car Accident Guide
- Should you hire our lawyers?
- How much do lawyers charge?
- When should you hire a lawyer?
- What makes a strong car accident injury claim?
- How much is my claim worth?
- We can help you file a lawsuit
- Where can you find our lawyers near you?
- What should you do after a houston car accident?
- What are the common types of car accidents in houston?
- Frequently asked questions
- Where do car accidents occur in houston?
- Contact our experienced Houston auto crash attorneys right away!
Should You Hire Our Houston Car Accident Lawyers?
A car accident in Houston is a complex situation for anyone to deal with. Unfortunately, insurance companies are not on your side. They only care about paying you as little as possible. That’s why you need someone on your side that cares about you and your best interests.
Get advice. Get allies. Get Houston personal injury lawyers.
You might not know your rights and your options after a car wreck in Houston, but it’s our job to! The right Houston car crash lawyer can make all the difference in your case, and in your recovery.
Don’t worry: if you are uninsured, or cannot afford health insurance deductibles or co-pays, we may be able to help you obtain the medical treatment you need at no upfront out of pocket cost to you.
Reach out now to learn more about how we can help you after a serious Houston car accident.
How Much Do Houston Car Accident Lawyers Charge?
One of the main reasons that car accident victims decide not to call an injury lawyer in Houston is concern about the cost. However, our attorneys don’t charge exorbitant hourly fees like you might see on TV shows or movies. We know that as a car accident victim, you deserve to RECEIVE money, not PAY money.
For this reason, we handle car accident cases on a contingency fee basis. This means that our Houston car accident lawyers don’t get paid until they collect money for you.
When they secure a favorable settlement or verdict, you pay our firm a percentage of the money we win for you. This allows all injured car accident victims the ability to seek justice – no matter what your financial situation may be. Contingency fees vary from lawyer to lawyer, but we can discuss our fees when you call us to schedule your FREE consultation and review of your case.
A contingent fee means the following:
- You pay NOTHING for a consultation
- If you hire us, we will cover all costs upfront
- We charge no fees unless win successfully get compensation for you
- Our payment comes from your settlement, NOT your pocket
You never have to have extra money on hand to hire our car accident attorneys. This means that ANYONE can afford to hire the right lawyer for your car accident claim.
When Should You Hire a Houston Car Accident Lawyer?
Even if you take all of the right steps after your auto accident in Houston, you will want or need to answer many questions. You will seek out some of these answers right away, while other questions may arise in the days and weeks after the accident.
If you’re wondering whether to call a Houston car accident law firm, think about the following:
Are There Injuries or Fatalities?
If you or someone close to you suffered injuries in a crash, the first order of business is to get the medical help you or your loved one needs. If you required medical care or if a loved one didn’t survive, always speak with our law firm as soon as possible to determine the full cost of those injuries.
Are vehicles damaged?
Car crashes can cause serious damage to your car, and accidents can often completely total a car. You rely on your vehicle to get you around to work, school, or your family obligations. You should not pay for the costs of repairs or replacing your car if someone else caused your crash. You also don’t want to go weeks or months without a vehicle. You deserve full compensation for the damage from the responsible party’s insurance company, and our law firm can help.
Are the Houston Police Involved?
Houston law enforcement officers regularly arrive at the scene of Texas car accidents. An officer should always try to identify if one or more drivers violated the law, such as intoxication. The police should arrest and charge a drunk driver for DWI. Officers can also issue citations for speeding, running red lights, and other traffic violations. If this happens, it can help you prove who was at fault in your future insurance claim. Their police report is invaluable.
Are There Medical and Insurance Costs to Pay?
If you don’t have any financial losses, you can’t collect compensation from the insurance company. However, even if you have relatively minor medical bills or only paid a little out of pocket, you have the right to recover payment for those costs. Your health insurance company might not cover injuries if they happened in a car crash, as it expects the other driver’s insurance to cover them. Medical bills from car accidents can range from a few hundred dollars to millions of dollars and, in either case, you should call our law firm right away.
What Are the Legal Rights and Responsibilities of the Drivers?
If any property damage or injuries occurred in a crash, Texas law requires all drivers involved to stop and remain at the scene until they have rendered necessary aid and exchanged information. In the time following a crash, each driver’s rights and responsibilities will depend on who caused the crash. Any drivers or motorists who didn’t act negligently have the right to file insurance claims against the negligent driver. Drivers who cause a crash will need to contact their own insurance companies, which have the responsibility of reimbursing victims for their losses. In many cases, more than one person may bear some fault. Have our law firm determine liability in your situation.
What Kind of Settlement Should you Expect?
If another driver was negligent and you file an insurance claim, the amount of your settlement payment will depend on many factors. These include:
- The severity of your injuries
- The total cost of your medical bills
- Whether you need ongoing medical care in the future
- How much work you missed and income you lost
- Whether you’re able to go back to work in the future
- Whether you have lasting impairments, disfigurement, or disabilities
- The pain and suffering you experienced
Calculating the total amount of your losses can prove challenging, as many people don’t know their full rights when it comes to compensation. You need the help of a skilled car accident law firm to ensure you request and receive the full amount you need to cover your past and future losses.
You will likely have many other questions as you begin medical treatments and start wondering about your legal options. The law office of Stewart J. Guss offers COMPLETELY FREE consultations at ANY time. Feel free to call our team at 866-784-1267 any time, day or night, and we will be happy to discuss your claim with no obligation. If you would prefer, you are also welcome to CLICK HERE and submit your claim online.
We are here day and night to take your call and start giving you some of the answers you’re looking for. Don’t wait any longer to call and learn about your rights!
What Makes a Strong Car Accident Injury Claim?
There are many factors to consider when determining the strength of your Houston car accident claim.
- Clear liability. Texas is a modified comparative negligence state. If someone is more than 50% at fault for the accident, they cannot recover money from the accident. Instead, they’re liable for paying damages after the crash. If your case involves clear liability, then it will be a stronger case.
- Significant property damage. When your vehicle suffers significant property damage, insurers are more likely to equate this with a more serious accident. This can improve chances of collecting maximum compensation.
- Immediate medical treatment. If you received immediate medical treatment, this strengthens your case. Delaying treatment simply gives insurance adjusters the impression that you were not as injured as you claim. It can also create skepticism that your injury is the result of your crash and not something else.
- Consistent medical treatment. Injured accident victims who follow their doctor’s treatment plan and attend all therapy sessions will only strengthen their cases.
- Serious or permanent injury. If you suffered serious or permanent injury, insurance companies are forced to take your case more seriously. For this reason, it is important to reach maximum medical improvement before signing any settlement offer.
- Evidence. Strong cases often have strong evidence backing them up. Eyewitness statements, toxicology reports, and police reports are all examples of evidence that can help your Houston car accident attorney win your case.
How Much is My Houston Car Accident Claim Worth?
What is the Average Settlement for a Car Accident in Houston?
Many people contact our law firm with the same question: How much will I receive for my car accident settlement? There is never a single (or simple) answer to this question, as the answer depends directly on your individual circumstances. Many people have no idea what their claim is worth until they have an experienced Houston car accident lawyer fully evaluate their situation.
What we DO know is that medical care in the U.S. is expensive! This is true no matter how serious your injuries may be. The following are some average costs of medical treatment you may need for your car accident injuries:
- An ambulance ride can be around $1,000
- An emergency room visit regularly costs $1,000 to $20,000, depending on the services
- Hospital stays can be around $2,750 per night or more
- Surgeries can cost tens of thousands of dollars
- Physical therapy can cost as much as $350 per session
Some people suffer injuries that require additional care, including time in the intensive care unit (ICU), home health care, assisted living, medical equipment, and more.
Every client we help will have different costs and losses. Whether your losses are $1,000 or $1 million, you still deserve to receive compensation from the liable party. If someone else caused your crash, you should never have to cover your own costs. Call us today to get a personalized evaluation for free.
How Much Do You Get for Pain and Suffering in a Houston Car Accident?
When it comes to calculating your car accident damages, you need a dedicated Houston car accident attorney. We can review your medical bills, pay statements, and other documents showing expenses. However, state law also allows many Houston car accident victims to recover for pain and suffering they experienced as a result of their injuries. So, how do you put a number on your intangible pain and suffering? Our Houston auto accident attorneys can help!
Why Take Chances? Let Us Help You!
Free Virtual Consultations & Our Response to the Coronavirus & Covid19 – CLICK HERE