Los Angeles Truck Accident Attorney
Fighting for Truck Accident Victims in L.A.
Office Location: 3600 Wilshire, Ste. 1136 Los Angeles, CA 90010
Trucks roll all over Los Angeles highways and streets. Businesses rely on them to transport all types of cargo. Our country couldn’t manage without them.
BUT THAT DOESN’T MEAN we should all just expect truck accidents to happen and be ok with the chaos they cause. WE SHOULDN’T. Trucks might be essential for our day-to-day lives, but they’re also DANGEROUS when they have someone careless behind the wheel, or when they’re not maintained well, or when they drive on roads in poor conditions.
If you live or work in the Los Angeles area and have are the victim of an accident involving a large or heavy truck, you may have the right to recover significant damages from the parties whose carelessness hurt you. The experienced LA truck accident injury lawyers at Stewart J. Guss Personal Injury Attorneys, can help. Stop by our office at 3600 Wilshire Boulevard in Los Angeles, or connect with us anytime, for free, 24 hours a day, seven days a week, at 800-898-4877, or online by CLICKING HERE to submit your case for review.
National Trucking Accident Attorney Stewart J. Guss discusses trucking safety on national news with Mike Papantonio on America’s Lawyer
The Los Angeles Truck Accident Attorneys at Stewart J. Guss Personal Injury Attorneys
Stewart J. Guss Personal Injury Attorneys isn’t just one lawyer. Attorney Guss is our founder and leader, but we have a whole team of attorneys, paralegals, and case management specialists in California, Texas, and Louisiana who spend every day fighting for the rights of people injured in truck accidents. The typical truck accident causes a huge mess on the road and in a victim’s life, which is why it’s important to have experienced, hard-working, street-wise lawyers on your side who investigate and litigate even the most complicated case. Over the years, the lawyers at Stewart J. Guss Personal Injury Attorneys, have recovered MILLIONS of dollars in settlements and jury verdicts for their injured clients. Of course, every case is different and there are never any guarantees of how a case will go, but our team FIGHTS for the best possible outcome for every client.
What Makes Truck Accidents so Challenging
A truck accident causes all kinds of damage, and most often the people who get hurt are those in the cars and other smaller vehicles unfortunate enough to be sharing the road with a truck when an accident happens. Because trucks are so heavy and large, they cause outsized destruction. If you’re lucky, you walk away from a truck accident with just bumps and bruises. Unfortunately, many Los Angelenos aren’t so lucky in truck accidents, and end up with massive injuries or facing a tragic loss of life.
Truck accidents are no ordinary accidents. They cause untold destruction on Los Angeles roads. For victims and lawyers unprepared to tackle the most complicated cases, they can present huge challenges. Here’s why.
- Truck accidents usually involve widespread damage. Trucks are big and heavy. So, it’s just a matter of basic physics that when they crash into other, smaller vehicles (not to mention into cyclists or pedestrians), they cause a huge amount of destruction. And, that’s just from the collision. There’s also the problem that trucks carry cargo, and some of that cargo causes it’s own kind of damage when it spills or escapes from the truck carrying it, such as when a tanker releases chemicals or, worse, starts a fire.
- Truck accidents usually involve multiple parties on both sides. With widespread damages comes many people and entities with potential injuries caused by the accident, from occupants of motor vehicles to property owners harmed when a truck’s cargo spills. What’s more, trucks themselves usually have multiple parties associated with them who might have liability for causing an accident—from the driver and the truck owner to the owner of the trailer and the mechanic who services the truck regularly, and on and on. So, in choosing a lawyer to represent you after a truck accident, make sure you pick a law firm with the resources and the know-how to get the job done no matter how many parties are involved.
- Truck accidents usually involve more damages than many of the parties have the ability to pay. Because of how catastrophic truck accidents can be, the tally of damages in them piles up pretty darn fast. IN ORDER TO GIVE YOURSELF THE BEST CHANCE OF GETTING PAID, you need a lawyer who can dig into the accident and uncover ALL of the potential parties who might have legal liability to you. Why? Because it’s easier to spread damages across a large number of parties than to hope one party (or its insurance company) will have the resources to pay every penny you deserve.
- Truck accidents usually involve local, state, and federal laws. Trucks that travel across state lines are often subject to three bodies of law and regulation: the local laws of the place where the accident happens, the laws of the state(s) where the truck operates, and federal laws that govern “interstate commerce” (a.k.a., doing business across state lines). Sometimes, there are even so-called “international” laws and treaties that come into play because the truck entered the country from Canada or Mexico. As the victim of a truck accident, you need a lawyer who knows the legal terrain, and isn’t afraid to get his or her hands dirty in picking apart how these complicated laws affect your rights to compensation.
The truck accident injury team at Stewart J. Guss Personal Injury Attorneys, has the resources and experience to tackle even the most destructive, multiple-party, legally-complex truck accident matters. Our attorneys, paralegals, and investigators get INTO THE WEEDS on every case to uncover hidden information and insight that could make the difference between our clients getting PAID and getting left holding a claim that no one can pay.
The Truck Accident Injuries Our Clients Need Help Facing
At Stewart J. Guss Personal Injury Attorneys, we know quite a lot about the kinds of injuries truck accidents cause. We’ve represented many, many clients in truck accident matters. They’re never easy cases to handle. Our clients often face a lifetime of disability and pain, not to mention immediate and HUGE financial distress. Our MISSION is to help our clients gain financial stability so that they can focus on healing and achieving maximum recovery. Here are just some of the kinds of health challenges our clients have faced after truck accidents.
Spinal Cord Injuries and Paralysis
The violent impact of a truck accident can cause massive trauma to the structure and nerve endings of the spinal cord, resulting in partial or total paralysis. These are LIFE CHANGING injuries. They can cost more than a million dollars to treat just in the very first year, not to mention the lifetime of unplanned-for expenses and modifications they require our clients to shoulder. Our clients don’t deserve to bear the burden of those expenses alone. When someone else’s negligence or recklessness causes a truck accident and leaves our clients in a wheelchair, WE STAND UP FOR OUR CLIENTS AND FIGHT for every penny of compensation they need to adjust to their “new normal.”
Traumatic Brain Injuries and Brain Damage
A traumatic brain injury (TBI) can happen in a truck accident when the victim sustains a blow or penetrating injury to the head. In most of the cases we’ve handed, that victim is the occupant of a vehicle that collided with the truck, but it may also be the truck driver or a bystander. Whoever the victim is, the consequences of a TBI are usually serious. Even a “mild” TBI can cause long-term impairment of a person’s mobility, speech, or reasoning. In severe cases, TBI victims face permanent disabilities or lose consciousness permanently. Long-term treatment for a TBI is expensive, from occupational and physical therapy to 24/7 care. LET US HELP YOU RECOVER THE MONEY YOU NEED to address a TBI after a truck accident.
Crushed/Amputated Arms and Legs
Trucks, as we said, are large and heavy. Smaller vehicles that collide with trucks can end up crushed or pinned beneath the truck body. That means the limbs of the occupants of those vehicles also end up crushed or pinned. Those occupants, if they survive the accident, frequently end up with injuries to their limbs that are so serious that doctors have no choice but to amputate. Even when doctors save a limb, the damage is so severe that the limb barely functions. At Stewart J. Guss Personal Injury Attorneys, we’ve seen far too many of these sorts of injuries to take them lightly. Just because science has made huge strides is artificial limbs doesn’t mean our clients got off easy. We fight hard to get them the money they need to return to their lives.
Orthopedic and Soft Tissue Injuries
Escaping a truck wreck without life-threatening injuries doesn’t mean you deserve to be taken less seriously by insurance companies. Your pain from broken bones, whiplash, and other soft tissue injury is REAL and can lead to a LIFETIME of complications and suffering. At Stewart J. Guss Personal Injury Attorneys, we won’t tolerate it when insurance companies give our clients less attention just because they survived an accident. We will MAKE THEM PAY ATTENTION, and then we’ll MAKE THEM PAY.
What to Do After a Truck Accident in Los Angeles
If you’ve gotten this far into this page, it probably means you (or someone close to you) are the victim of a Los Angeles truck accident and you want to know what you should do next. We have some general advice we’d give anyone in your position:
- First, get as much medical care as you need and can afford. Your health is more important than anything else. Of course, we don’t expect you will have healed completely by the time we first meet with you, but your priority should be on at least stabilizing your health situation so you can make decisions about taking legal action with a clear head and an understanding of what your future might hold, health-wise. (Plus, when you get medical care, it generates medical records, which we lawyers love to use to show insurance companies how much money they owe you!)
- Second, DON’T BELIEVE IT WHEN SOMEONE ELSE’S INSURANCE COMPANY OFFERS TO HELP. Sure, you’ll probably need to report an accident to your own insurance company. But, if someone else’s insurance company comes along and offers to help financially, BE CAREFUL. That means the insurance company thinks its policyholder has a legal liability to you and wants to do damage control by trying to get you to take quick money to “settle.” DON’T TAKE MONEY OR SIGN ANYTHING an insurance company offers you without talking to a lawyer first.
- Third, CALL STEWART J. GUSS, INJURY ACCIDENT ATTORNEYS at 800-898-4877 or contact us online. Definitely call us if somebody else’s insurance company calls you. But, also call us if you haven’t heard anything. You deserve to have the BEST lawyers on your side after suffering injuries in a truck accident. WE. ARE. THOSE. LAWYERS.
Don’t wait to call a lawyer, even if you decide we’re not the team for you. You have a limited amount of time to take legal action for injuries sustained in a truck wreck. Give your lawyer the time he or she needs to investigate, research, negotiate, and litigate on your behalf by making a call TODAY.
Los Angeles Truck Accident Injury Attorneys
The law firm of Stewart J. Guss Personal Injury Attorneys has all the experience, resources, and street-smarts a legal team needs to GET RESULTS in even the most complicated truck accident injury cases. We’re not afraid to stand up to the biggest trucking corporations or the most stingy insurance companies.
If a truck accident in the Los Angeles area has left you with physical, emotional, and financial trauma, then contact us NOW to schedule a free, no-obligation consultation to discuss your legal rights and how we can help.
The legal team of Stewart J. Guss Personal Injury Attorneys, is nationally recognized for protecting the rights of injured victims for more than 20 years. If you were injured in a truck accident, call our office right now to schedule a free consultation! Because we take all of our personal injury cases on a contingency fee basis, you will not owe us a DIME unless we win your case. We are available 24 hours a day, seven days a week, so call us today at 800-898-4877 or contact us now by CLICKING HERE.
★ ★ ★ ★ ★
“I was very pleased with how Stewart handled my case. He acted professionally at all times and really had my best interests at heart. I was pleasantly surprised by the outcome too! I would definitely recommend my friends and family to use him as their lawyer.”