Office Location: 3600 Wilshire, Ste. 1136, Los Angeles, CA 90010
Car accidents happen every day in Southern California. Most of them, fortunately, are just minor “fender benders” that cause inconvenience but little else. If you were that lucky, you probably would not be reading this page. More likely, you are here because you or someone you love was seriously injured in a car crash, and you need a Los Angeles car accident lawyer to guide you through the personal injury legal process.
The fact is, many car accidents that happen in the Los Angeles area leave drivers and passengers badly banged up or worse. Even what seems like a “minor” accident can cause long-lasting back, neck, and brain injuries. And, of course, when a car gets totaled, drivers and passengers often get seriously injured, too.
Whether your accident involved other cars, motorcycles, trucks, buses, or other motor vehicles, there’s a law firm in Los Angeles that you can count on to give you the best available legal advice and guidance when someone else's negligent or careless behavior leaves you injured. Our skilled car accident lawyers in Los Angeles have years of experience fighting to get our clients paid, and we get results.
Stop by our office at 3600 Wilshire Boulevard in Los Angeles, or connect with us anytime, for free, 24 hours a day, seven days a week, at 800-898-4877, or complete our online form to learn more.
Los Angeles Car Accident Guide
- Los Angeles Car Accident Guide
- Our Los Angeles Office Means the Best Auto Accident Attorneys are Near You
- Why Should You Choose the Car Accident Injury Team at Stewart J. Guss, Injury Accident Lawyers?
- Who Can a Los Angeles Car Accident Lawyer Pursue For Damages?
- Our Los Angeles Car Accident Attorneys Handle Injuries That Change Lives
- What Steps to Take After a Car Accident in Los Angeles
- Call Our Los Angeles Car Accident Lawyers Today
- Los Angeles Office
Our Los Angeles Office Means the Best Auto Accident Attorneys are Near You
Looking for the "best car accident lawyer near me"? Our California headquarters are located at 3600 Wilshire Boulevard, Suite 1136, in Los Angeles, but we handle accident and injury claims all over the great state of California. If you have a claim to discuss, contact our Los Angeles car accident attorneys. We're happy to meet with you at any place most convenient for you in person, by phone, or virtually.
Why Should You Choose the Car Accident Injury Team at Stewart J. Guss, Injury Accident Lawyers?
Injured car accident victims and the families of people tragically killed in car accidents usually know they need a lawyer to help them recover damages. However, finding the best car accident lawyer in Los Angeles is something else entirely. When you choose the right Los Angeles personal injury lawyer for you, you’ll give yourself the best chance of receiving every penny of compensation you deserve.
Choose the wrong law firm, and you might end up with nothing. The personal injury law firm that Stewart J. Guss founded more than 20 years ago offers a broad and deep team of attorneys, paralegals, and case management specialists in California, Texas, and Louisiana. We spend every day fighting to recover compensation for our clients injured in car accidents.
We have recovered millions of dollars for our car accident victim clients. While we can’t promise how your case will turn out, we can promise to treat you with the respect and dignity you deserve during this difficult time while we fight for your rights in negotiations with insurers and in courtrooms throughout Southern California.
Who Can a Los Angeles Car Accident Lawyer Pursue For Damages?
Car accidents are so common most people hardly pause to think about them, even when they cause a backup on the interstate. That perspective changes, though, when you are the victim and a car crash has changed your life. At Stewart J. Guss, Injury Accident Lawyers, we understand your car accident was a singular, life-changing event for you, and we'll thoroughly investigate it to determine just who might have legal liability for your injuries. Those parties may include:
- Other drivers. Driver negligence is the number one cause of car collisions in the country. Of the 44,207 people who were hurt or killed in Los Angeles car accidents, alcohol was involved in 3,546 of them, and speeding was a factor in 8,331 collisions. Usually, another driver is the one to blame for a car accident, which means that driver probably has legal liability for the crash and your injuries. That seems straightforward enough to most people, but remember, getting money from the “other driver” also usually means dealing with their insurance company and can also involve researching and chasing his personal assets.
- Car and car part manufacturers. The big companies that make cars and car parts have a legal obligation not to put defective products into the “stream of commerce.” When they do, and that defective product—whether it’s a whole car or just a tiny component—fails to work as it’s supposed to and causes an injury, the manufacturers can have legal liability. Suing a manufacturer for a defective part requires a lawyer who isn't afraid to stand toe-to-toe with the biggest corporations in the world. That’s us.
- Governments. In some places, local and state governments that are responsible for maintaining our roads, bridges, and tunnels do a poor job. But when a road condition gets really bad, or when the government designs a road in a way that makes it inherently dangerous, and an accident happens, the accident victims might be able to seek damages from the government. Taking legal action against the government requires having a sophisticated lawyer by your side. This is where we come in.
- Drug companies, doctors, and pharmacists. These days, most television ads are promoting some new medicine that’s supposed to be a miracle treatment for a disease you’ve never heard of. At the end of those ads, the spokesperson recites a long list of horrible side effects that sound worse than whatever the drug is supposed to treat. Regardless, not everyone receives the warnings they need to know about the side effects of the medicine they’re taking. Those same people may get behind the wheel of a car with side effects that leave them in no condition to drive. If an accident happens, the drug companies, doctors, and pharmacists who failed to warn that driver might have liability to the accident victims. If this happened to you, you need a lawyer with the resources and experience to challenge well-funded defendant companies.
This is just a short list of the many different parties who could have legal liability in a car accident. Every time an accident happens, part of a skilled lawyer’s job is to figure out what went wrong, why, and who could have made better choices that might have prevented the accident victims’ injuries. At Stewart J. Guss, Injury Accident Lawyers, our team of lawyers and legal professionals has the skills and determination to get to the bottom of your accident and identify everyone who might owe you money.
Our Los Angeles Car Accident Attorneys Handle Injuries That Change Lives
Not every car accident results in catastrophic injuries, but many do. Our clients come to us after a car accident has changed their lives, in need of help to find some physical, emotional, and financial stability. As lawyers, the biggest help we can provide is to listen to our clients, hear their needs, and fight to recover compensation that can help them put their lives back together. We know money doesn’t solve all problems, but it’s important to help our clients receive the resources and support they deserve after a car accident. Some of the injuries we help our clients confront after a car accident include the following:
Spinal Cord Injuries and Paralysis
A spinal cord injury results from any damage done to the structure and tissue of the spinal cord, usually due to a primary or secondary impact. Spinal cord injuries often cause temporary or permanent paralysis. They can cost millions of dollars to treat just in the first year and many hundreds of thousands or more over the victim’s lifetime. Our team has seen enough of these tragic injuries from car accidents to know just how difficult life may seem after a spinal cord injury. Let us help make things easier by pursuing the people who hurt you for the financial compensation you deserve.
Traumatic Brain Injuries and Brain Damage
Car accidents commonly cause brain injuries. The most minor of these, concussions, do temporary harm but usually resolve over time. Sometimes, a brain injury is much more severe than initially thought and leaves an accident victim with years of persistent headaches and other difficulties. Sometimes accidents cause more severe damage, known as “traumatic brain injury” (TBI for short). A TBI can cause more severe impairments than a concussion, including long-term memory loss, permanent cognitive and motor disability, and even permanent loss of consciousness. Treatment for these injuries is very expensive, but the team at Stewart J. Guss, Injury Accident Lawyers, knows how to recover compensation from the liable parties and their insurers.
Crushed/Amputated Arms and Legs
Car accidents can pin or crush the limbs of vehicle occupants. In some of the worst cases, the accident itself traumatically amputates a limb. In either case, victims who survive this terrible trauma face a life without the normal function of their limbs. Modern medicine has made great advances in prosthetics, but they’re expensive and require other adjustments in these accident victims’ lives that may not be covered by insurance. An experienced Los Angeles car accident attorney can help you recover the funds you need to pay these expenses.
Orthopedic and Soft Tissue Injuries
Even when you escape a car accident without life-altering injuries, you might still struggle with pain and other trauma. Broken bones, whiplash, and soft tissue damage can force you to miss work and can even lead you to be dependent on pain medication. At Stewart J. Guss, Injury Accident Lawyers, we know what you're going through, and we want to help. You deserve a great lawyer even if you didn’t suffer a catastrophic injury in your Los Angeles car accident.
Wrongful Death of a Loved One
If you lost a loved one as a result of another person's negligent actions, you may have the right to bring a wrongful death claim against the responsible party. Don't try to handle this matter on your own. Talk to an experienced Los Angeles wrongful death lawyer to understand your rights and how to proceed.
What Steps to Take After a Car Accident in Los Angeles
If you’ve been injured in a car accident, you might be thinking, “ok, so what should I do now?” Fair question. Here’s what we recommend for anyone who has suffered an injury in a car accident around Los Angeles:
- First, get the medical treatment you need and/or can afford with insurance. If you don’t take care of your health, nothing else will matter. You don’t need to be fully healed before taking other steps to protect your rights, of course, but try to get your health as stable as possible so that you can know what your path to recovery looks like. That way, you can make good decisions. (Plus, health records create important evidence for your lawyer to use to prove your damages!)
- Second, beware of insurance companies. Even with your own insurer, provide only basic facts, and be careful you don’t inadvertently say the accident was your “fault.” If someone else’s insurance company calls to offer money or other benefits to “settle” your claim, get legal advice first. It might be tempting to quickly settle your claim, but those adjusters usually make a lowball offer, hoping you'll accept. Before you accept any offer, especially soon after an accident, call a lawyer.
- Third, call Stewart J. Guss, Injury Accident Lawyers. You can reach us at 800-898-4877 or contact us online. Calling a lawyer protects you, your rights to recover compensation, and having to deal with aggressive insurance companies. We can also protect your privacy while you focus on healing.
Don’t wait to call a lawyer. You only have a limited amount of time to take legal action against the parties who owe you damages. Getting started with a lawyer as soon as possible gives you the best chance of maximum recovery.
Call Our Los Angeles Car Accident Lawyers Today
At the law firm of Stewart J. Guss, Injury Accident Lawyers, we work hard to get results for victims of car accidents in Southern California. Representing injured people is all we do. We’re tough, aggressive, and fearless in the face of well-funded defendants and enormous insurance companies.
If a car accident in the Los Angeles area leaves you badly injured, or if it steals the life of your loved one, contact us to schedule a free, no-obligation consultation where we can explain how to protect your rights. The legal team of Stewart J. Guss, Injury Accident Lawyers, is a nationally recognized law firm known for protecting the rights of injured victims for more than 20 years.
If you were injured in an automobile accident, call our office right now to schedule a free consultation! Because we take all of our personal injury cases on a contingency fee basis, you will not owe us a dime unless we win your case. Help is always nearby, and we are available 24 hours a day, seven days a week, so call us today at 800-898-4877 or contact us now by filling out our simple online form.
Los Angeles OfficeAddress: 3600 Wilshire Blvd Ste 1136,
Los Angeles, CA 90010
Phone: (213) 908-1827