Office Location: 3600 Wilshire, Ste. 1136, Los Angeles, CA 90010
Car accidents happen every day in Southern California. Most of them, fortunately, are just minor “fender benders” that cause inconvenience, but little else. THAT’S IF YOU’RE LUCKY. The fact is, many car accidents that happen in the Los Angeles area leave drivers and passengers badly banged up, or worse. Even what seems like a “minor” accident can cause long-lasting back, neck, and brain injuries. And, of course, when a car gets totaled, drivers and passengers often get seriously injured, too. Whether your accident was involving cars, motorcycles, trucks, buses, or other motor vehicles, there’s a law firm in Los Angeles that you can count on to give you the BEST AVAILABLE legal advice and guidance when a car accident that wasn’t your fault leaves you injured. The skilled car accident lawyers at Stewart J. Guss, Injury Accident Lawyers have years of experience in FIGHTING TO GET THEIR CLIENTS PAID, and they GET RESULTS. Stop by our office at 3600 Wilshire Boulevard in Los Angeles, or connect with us anytime, for free, 24 hours a day, seven days a week, at 800-898-4877, or online by CLICKING HERE to learn more.
Table of Contents
- Office Location
- Why Choose Us?
- Who Pays the Damages?
- Types of Injuries
- What’s Next?
- Contact Us
Los Angeles Location: Auto Accident Attorneys Near You
Looking for the “best car accident lawyer near me”? Our California headquarters are located at 3600 Wilshire Boulevard, Suite 1136, in Los Angeles, but we handle accident and injury claims all over the great state of California. If you have a claim to discuss, contact our Los Angeles car accident attorneys. We’re always nearby, available 24 hours a day, seven days a week, at 800-898-4877, or you can contact us now by CLICKING HERE to submit your case for review.
Stewart J. Guss, Injury Accident Lawyers Car Accident Injury Team
Injured car accident victims and the families of people tragically killed in car accidents usually know they need a lawyer to help them recover damages. But, knowing you need a lawyer is one thing. FINDING A GOOD ONE is something else entirely. Choose the right Los Angeles personal injury lawyer, and you’ll give yourself the best chance of receiving EVERY PENNY of compensation you deserve. Choose the wrong one, and you might end up with nothing. Although there’s just one name on the door, the law firm of Stewart J. Guss, Injury Accident Lawyers doesn’t just have one lawyer in it. The personal injury firm Stewart founded back 20 years ago today consists of a broad and deep team of attorneys, paralegals, and case management specialists in California, Texas, and Louisiana. We spend every day fighting to recover compensation for our clients injured in car accidents. We have recovered MILLIONS OF DOLLARS for our car accident-victim clients, and while we can’t promise how your case will turn out, we can promise to treat you with the respect and dignity you deserve during this difficult time, while WE BATTLE TO ASSERT YOUR RIGHTS in negotiations with insurers and in courtrooms throughout Southern California.
Who’s on the Hook for Damages in Los Angeles Car Accidents?
Car accidents are so common, most people hardly pause to think about them, even when they cause a backup on the interstate. That perspective changes, though, when YOU’RE THE VICTIM and a car accident has changed your life. At Stewart J. Guss, Injury Accident Lawyers, we treat every car accident as the singular, life-changing event it was for our client, and we investigate it to get to the bottom of just who might have legal liability for our client’s injuries. Those parties may include:
- Other drivers. We can almost hear you thinking “no kidding.” Of the 44,207 persons who were hurt or killed in Los Angeles car accidents, alcohol was involved in 3,546 of them, and speeding was a factor in 8,331 collisions. Obviously, a lot of the time the one to blame for a car accident is the other driver, and that means the other driver probably has a legal liability to you. That seems straightforward enough to most people, but remember, getting money out of the “other driver” also usually means dealing with his insurance company, and can involve researching and chasing his personal assets.
- Car and car part manufacturers. The big companies that make cars and car parts have an obligation not to put defective products into the “stream of commerce.” When they do, and that defective product—whether it’s a whole car, or just a tiny component—fails to work as it’s supposed to and causes an injury to someone, the manufacturers can have legal liability. Suing a manufacturer for a defective part requires a lawyer you ISN’T AFRAID to stand toe-to-toe with the biggest corporations in the world. That’s us.
- Governments. Sometimes, maybe a lot of the time, your tax dollars don’t get put to work the way they should by the local and state governments responsible for maintaining our roads, bridges, and tunnels. Sure, potholes and cracked pavement happen and we can’t expect a road crew to fix everyone immediately. But when a road condition gets REALLY bad, or when the government designs a road in a way that makes it dangerous no matter what, and an accident happens, the victims of that accident might be able to seek damages from the government. Taking legal action against a government requires having a sophisticated lawyer by your side. LET US HANDLE IT.
- Drug companies, doctors, and pharmacists. These days, you can’t turn on the TV for five minutes without seeing an ad for some new medicine that’s supposed to be a miracle treatment for a disease you’ve never heard of. And then, at the end of those ads, the spokesperson recites that long list of horrible side effects that sound worse than whatever the drug is supposed to treat. Well, the thing is, not everyone hears those ads, and not everyone gets the warnings they need to hear about the side effects of the medicine they’re taking. Before you know it, those same people are being the wheel of a car and feeling side effects that leave them in no condition to drive. If an accident happens, the drug companies, doctors, and pharmacists who failed to warn that driver might have liability to the accident victims … IF those victims have a lawyer with the RESOURCES and EXPERIENCE to go up against well-funded defendants.
This is just a short list of the many different parties who could have legal liability in a car accident. Every time an accident happens, part of a skilled lawyer’s job is to figure out what went wrong, why, and who could have made better choices that might have prevented the accident victims’ injuries. At Stewart J. Guss, Injury Accident Lawyers, our team of lawyers and para-professionals has the know-how and determination to get to the bottom of YOUR accident and identify EVERYONE who might owe you money.
Car Accident Injuries Can Change Lives
Not every car accident results in catastrophic injuries, but many do. At Stewart J. Guss, Injury Accident Lawyers, clients come to us after a car accident has changed their lives, in need of help to find some physical, emotional, and financial stability. As lawyers, the BIGGEST HELP we can provide is to LISTEN to our clients, HEAR their needs, and FIGHT to recover compensation that can help them put their lives back together. We know money doesn’t solve all problems (and it can even create some), but it’s the best tool we know of to get our clients the resources and support they deserve after a car accident. Some of the injuries we help our clients confront after a car accident include:
Spinal Cord Injuries and Paralysis
A spinal cord injury results from any damage done to the structure and tissue of the spinal cord in an accident, usually due to a primary or secondary impact. Spinal cord injuries often cause temporary or permanent paralysis. They can cost MILLIONS of dollars to treat, just in the first YEAR, and many hundreds of thousands or more over the victim’s lifetime. At Stewart J. Guss, Injury Accident Lawyers, our team has seen enough of these tragic injuries from car accidents to know just how dark life may seem after a spinal cord injury. LET US HELP BRIGHTEN YOUR FUTURE by pursuing the people who hurt you for the financial compensation you deserve.
Traumatic Brain Injuries and Brain Damage
Car accidents commonly cause brain injuries. The most minor of these, concussions, do temporary harm but usually resolve themselves. BUT, NOT ALWAYS. Sometimes, a brain injury turns out much more severe than initially appears and leaves an accident victim with years of persistent headaches and other difficulties. Of course, that’s if people are lucky. Sometimes accidents cause more severe damage known as “traumatic brain injury” (TBI for short). A TBI can cause the same impairments as a concussion, and also ones that are far worse, including long-term memory loss, permanent cognitive and motor disability, and even permanent loss of consciousness. Treatment for these injuries costs LOTS OF MONEY, but the team at Stewart J. Guss, Injury Accident Lawyers, knows how to recover it from the parties with liability.
Crushed/Amputated Arms and Legs
Car accidents can pin or crush the limbs of vehicle occupants. In some of the worst cases, the accident itself traumatically amputates a limb. In either case, victims who survive this TERRIBLE TRAUMA face a life deprived of the function of a limb. Modern medicine has made great advances in prosthetics, but they’re expensive and require other adjustments in victims’ lives that may not be covered by insurance. An experienced car accident lawyer can help you PAY FOR THE SUPPORT YOU NEED.
Orthopedic and Soft Tissue Injuries
Even when you escape a car accident without life-altering injuries, you might still find yourself struggling with pain and other trauma. Broken bones, whiplash, and other soft tissue damage can force you out of work and can even lead you to be dependent on pain medication. At Stewart J. Guss, Injury Accident Lawyers, we KNOW WHAT YOU’RE GOING THROUGH and we want to help. You deserve a great lawyer even if you didn’t suffer a catastrophic injury or even a wrongful death in your Los Angeles car accident.
Next Steps After a Car Accident in Los Angeles
If you’ve been injured in a car accident and have read this far, you might be thinking: “ok, so what now?” Fair question. Here’s what we recommend for anyone who has suffered an injury in a car accident in or around Los Angeles:
- First, get as much medical treatment as you need and/or can afford with insurance. If you don’t take care of your health, nothing else will matter. You don’t need to be fully healed before taking other steps to protect your rights, of course, but try to get your health as stable as possible so that you can know what your path to recovery looks like. That way, you can make good decisions. (Plus, health records create important evidence for your lawyer to use to prove your damages!)
- Second, WATCH OUT FOR INSURANCE COMPANIES. Your own insurer is probably safe to talk to, so long as you don’t make a careless statement about the accident being your “fault.” But, be very, very careful if someone else’s insurance company (or if some other company) calls you offering money or other benefits to “settle” your claim. It might be tempting to make quick money, but those people usually only reach out to accident victims when they know they OWE A LOT MORE than they’re offering. Take it from us: DON’T SAY YES TO QUICK MONEY, AND DON’T SIGN ANYTHING. Instead, call a lawyer.
- Third, call STEWART J. GUSS, INJURY ACCIDENT LAWYERS. You can reach us at 800-898-4877 or contact us online. Calling a lawyer PROTECTS YOU. It protects your rights to recover compensation. It protects you against sleazy insurance companies. It protects your privacy while you work on healing.
Don’t wait to call a lawyer, either. You only have so much time to take legal action against the parties who owe you damages. Getting started with a lawyer as soon as possible gives you the best chance of MAXIMUM RECOVERY.
Call Our Los Angeles Auto Accident Lawyers Today
At the law firm of Stewart J. Guss, Injury Accident Lawyers, WE GET RESULTS for victims of car accidents in Southern California. Representing injured people is all we do. We’re tough, aggressive, and fearless in the face of well-funded defendants and enormous insurance companies. So, if a car accident in the Los Angeles area leaves badly injured, or if it takes the life of your loved one, then contact us to schedule a free, no-obligation consultation about how to protect your rights. The legal team of Stewart J. Guss, Injury Accident Lawyers, is nationally recognized for protecting the rights of injured victims for more than 20 years. If you were injured in an automobile accident, call our office right now to schedule a free consultation! Because we take all of our personal injury cases on a contingency fee basis, you will not owe us a DIME unless we win your case. Help is always nearby, we are available 24 hours a day, seven days a week, so call us today at 800-898-4877 or contact us now by CLICKING HERE.