Millions of people use Uber every day. The ride-sharing giant has undoubtedly changed the way we get around town and made life more convenient for people across the globe. Unfortunately, Uber drivers have also caused numerous accidents. An accident in an Uber can sometimes leave victims with injuries that can last a LIFETIME.
Uber is well aware that accidents are going to happen, and like any other major corporation, it carries HUGE insurance policies to cover injury claims. Their insurance usually covers passengers, other motorists, pedestrians, bicyclists, and anyone else who might be injured in an accident with an Uber. In fact, in many Uber accident claims, the insurance policy will pay out as much as $1 MILLION to innocent people who were carelessly or negligently injured by Uber drivers.
If you were injured in an accident in an Uber, call a lawyer as soon as you can and before you file an Uber claim. Unfortunately, you should know that Uber and its insurance company do NOT want to pay top dollar for Uber accident settlement amounts, even when its driver clearly caused your injuries. Also, be forewarned... insurance issues with ridesharing companies are FAR more complicated than those involving other, non-commercial drivers.
The team of lawyers and legal professionals at Stewart J. Guss, Injury Accident Lawyers, understand Uber’s insurance policies and how to file a successful Uber claim. We know the SECRETS to help victims get the compensation they deserve after an accident in an Uber. Our team is available to talk about your Uber claim 24 hours a day, seven days a week, at (800) 898-4877, or contact us now by .
Don’t Be Fooled—Insurance Companies Do NOT Want to Pay Reasonable Uber Claims
Make no mistake. Just because Uber has insurance doesn’t mean the insurance companies WANT to pay. They are large corporations who care about one thing—their bottom lines. The way they protect their profits is by collecting premiums from policyholders and paying as LITTLE as possible for Uber accident settlement amounts.
Insurance adjusters often do things to frustrate victims into accepting settlement offers that are far less than what they deserve and what the accident victim needs to pay their extensive medical bills. Some of these tactics include taking unreasonable amounts of time to “process” Uber claims, making lowball offers, and pressuring victims into giving recorded statements where they trick victims into saying that THEY were somehow at fault for the accident.
Victims Can Protect Their Legal Rights
Fortunately, you can hold Uber responsible and recover the compensation you deserve under the law. The most important steps are explained below, but for more information, call our office today!
- Seek medical attention - If you are in an accident in an Uber, see a doctor and request a thorough medical evaluation. This is true whether paramedics at the scene treated you or not. Also, DO NOT make the mistake of thinking that your injuries aren’t serious enough to justify seeing a doctor. When you see a physician, they can write an official medical record that describes your injuries to support your Uber claim. Without medical records, the insurance company will argue that:
- you are not as injured as you claim,
- your injuries were actually caused by something else or a different incident, or
- your losses are actually due to preexisting conditions. Basically, Uber's insurer will use any other tricks they have up their sleeves to avoid paying your Uber claim.
- Do NOT accept a settlement - One of the ways that shady insurance companies try to limit their payouts is by making settlement offers as quickly as they can after an accident. Adjusters often reach out before victims have a chance to realize just how injured they are or have the chance to talk to an attorney. What they may not tell you is that once you accept a settlement, it is NEARLY IMPOSSIBLE TO RECOVER ADDITIONAL COMPENSATION. As a result, if you accept a settlement that doesn’t cover all of your losses, you may have no further options for seeking the compensation you need. An experienced attorney, however, will fight to make sure any settlement you accept fully compensates you for ALL of your losses—INCLUDING THOSE THAT HAVEN’T HAPPENED YET. For example, let’s say you sustain a serious back injury in your Uber accident, and the doctors think that you will likely experience chronic back pain for the rest of your life. Your lawyer will obtain evidence of this fact and make SURE that your Uber claim settlement takes into account the costs of ongoing treatments and the pain and suffering that you will experience in the future.
- Stay OFF social media - If you were hurt in an Uber accident, you might feel tempted to post about it on Facebook, Twitter, or other social media accounts. Insurance companies and their attorneys, however, WILL USE SOCIAL MEDIA POSTS AS EVIDENCE IN PERSONAL INJURY CASES. If you say or post the wrong thing—something as simple as a picture of yourself out to dinner with friends—the insurance company could potentially use that to argue about the severity of your injuries and use it to justify reducing your settlement. Because social media can easily hurt your case but can do very little to help it, stay off of it until you resolve your Uber accident claim.
- CALL A LAWYER AS SOON AS YOU CAN - If you were hurt in an accident in an Uber, call an experienced personal injury lawyer as soon as you can. An experienced Uber attorney can handle your case and communicate with the insurance company for you—giving you the time you need to focus on the most important part of the aftermath of an accident—your physical and emotional healing.
Injured in an Uber Accident? Call Us Today to Speak With Our Uber Accident Law Firm for FREE
Uber accidents can leave victims with severe injuries that can impact them for the rest of their lives. In many cases, however, victims may recover compensation under Uber’s $1 million insurance policy. The losses you can request compensation for in your Uber claim include your medical bills, lost income, lost quality of life, and physical and emotional pain and suffering. In fact, in some cases, a court may actually impose punitive damages against Uber to make sure that Uber feels it where it really counts—its massive pocketbook.
At Stewart J. Guss, Injury Accident Lawyers, our team of lawyers and legal professionals is dedicated to helping our clients receive the compensation that they deserve from an Uber claim. Because we take all of our personal injury cases on a contingency fee basis, you will not owe us a DIME unless we win your case. We are available 24 hours a day, seven days a week. For a free consultation with a member of our team, call our office today at 800-898-4877 or contact us now .