If you suffered an injury in a motorcycle accident, you need to know that you are not alone. You might face a long, uphill battle during recovery, and your life may never be the same. Yet, insurance companies may not want to pay you what you deserve. You can fight back!
To obtain the compensation you need – and deserve – you need an experienced motorcycle accident attorney near you that can fight for your rights. You need a law firm that understands the complications that may arise after a serious motorcycle crash. You need Stewart J Guss, Injury Accident Lawyers.
There is NO EXCUSE for motorists who treat motorcyclists like second-class citizens. Motorcycles have the same rights to operate on the roads as any other kind of vehicle. Drivers who act like they own the road put bikers at risk of serious, often fatal, injuries. In a collision with a car, truck, or bus, the biker takes most of the impact and suffers most of the physical trauma. If they’re lucky, bikers will escape from that kind of collision merely with broken bones and road rash.
Unfortunately, a lot of the time motorcyclists end up instead with debilitating, life-threatening injuries, such spinal cord injuries and internal damage, if they survive the accident at all.
If you have suffered an injury in a motorcycle accident, or you’ve lost a family member to one, you need strong, confident, caring legal representation to help you recover every last cent of compensation you deserve for your physical, emotional, and financial trauma.
The experienced lawyers at Stewart J Guss, Injury Accident Lawyers, can help. We are nationwide motorcycle accident lawyers, so you connect with us anytime, for free, 24 hours a day, seven days a week, at 800-898-4877, or online by CLICKING HERE to submit your case for review. No matter where your motorcycle accident occurs, we are here to help.
The Motorcycle Accident Attorneys at Stewart J Guss, Injury Accident Lawyers
The motorcycle accident team at Stewart J Guss, Injury Accident Lawyers, is a group of tough, aggressive, and smart personal injury attorneys, paralegals, and case management experts who make it their mission to recover MAXIMUM compensation for the injuries their clients suffer in motorcycle accidents. We hold even the most well-funded defendants and the biggest insurance companies accountable for the reckless actions that lead to our clients’ injuries.
Over the years, our firm has FOUGHT for the rights of thousands of injured motorcycle accident victims and their families across the nation, and we’ve recovered MILLIONS of dollars in compensation to help them recover from their injuries and move on with their lives. While we can’t guarantee success, you can rest easier knowing you have an experienced and dedicated personal injury lawyer handling your motorcycle accident case. With our team of experienced motorcycle accident lawyers, on your side, you can rest easy and focus on healing, knowing you’ve got superstar motorcycle accident lawyers in your corner.
Motorcycling Has Risks… Which is Why You Deserve the Best Lawyers Available
Bikers injured in accidents, and the families of motorcyclists who have tragically died, usually come to us at Stewart J Guss, Injury Accident Lawyers, because they think the accident wasn’t their (or their deceased loved ones) fault. When it comes to motorcycle accidents, that’s usually 100 percent accurate.
In 2019 alone, more than 5000 motorcyclists were killed in motorcycle wrecks across the United States, according to the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration. The majority of these fatalities and of life-threatening motorcycle accident injuries occur because of the negligence of other drivers.
Motorcyclists face all kinds of dangers on the road:
- Motorcyclists have small visual profiles. Motorists are often mentally lazy. There are more cars and trucks on the road than any other types of vehicles. Over time, drivers of those vehicles fall into the trap of feeling like theirs are the ONLY kinds of vehicles on the road. Mentally, they’re not keeping a sharp eye out for the much smaller visual profile of a motorcyclist. That’s one reason why so many car accidents involve cutting motorcyclists off or turning into their path. Drivers just don’t see motorcyclists as well as they see other cars and trucks. BUT THAT’S NO EXCUSE.
- Motorcyclists are more prone to accidents because of unsafe road conditions. Cars and trucks have relatively wide tires, and they have at least four of them. That allows cars and trucks to ride safely over all kinds of road hazards, from cracks, grooves, and holes in the pavement to sand, salt, and gravel. That’s not always the case for motorcycles, however. Motorcycles have thinner wheels, making it more likely to lose control because of a road hazard. Of course, everybody knows that roads can’t be perfectly smooth all the time. But when it’s really unsafe for a biker, there should at least be a warning, and motorists should take care not to increase a motorcyclist’s risk by crowding him. In other words, just because you wrecked on a rough road surface doesn’t mean it’s your fault.
- Motorcyclists get less respect. As a culture and a community, bikers get the short end of the stick. Motorists (not to mention law enforcement) see motorcyclists riding together and figure they must be up to no good. That attitude of treating motorcyclists like second-class citizens translates into how motorists drive around motorcycles. IT’S ALMOST LIKE THEY THINK THEY’RE DOING YOU A FAVOR BY SHARING THE ROAD, EVEN THOUGH THE LAW SAYS THEY HAVE TO. At Stewart J Guss, Injury Accident Lawyers, we don’t tolerate that kind of disrespect of our clients. Our team DEMANDS RESPECT for our clients, and we get it.
- Motorcycles have less physical protection. Riding a motorcycle means sacrificing some physical protection to experience the true freedom of the open road. That’s the choice you make and you recognize that if you get into a wreck it could mean you get more hurt than you would if you played your life safe and just drove a car. But, that doesn’t mean you WANT to get hurt, and it doesn’t mean you should. Motorists should take MORE care when they see a motorcycle on the road, not less, because of what can happen when a rider collides with a car, truck, or the pavement. When they don’t, WE FIGHT BACK.
At Stewart J Guss, Injury Accident Lawyers, we understand the dangers motorcyclists face. We’re not afraid to take a strong stand to defend motorcyclists’ rights to enjoy the road and to expect respect and safety from motorists. We pursue drivers of cars, trucks, and buses whose actions put motorcyclists’ lives in danger for every penny of compensation they and their insurance companies owe our clients. Our clients may run risks when they a motorcycle, but they still deserve the best legal representation when someone else’s careless actions leave them injured, or worse.
How Much is My Motorcycle Accident Case Worth?
Most injured motorcyclists want to know how much their case is worth. This is a common, but difficult, question to answer. Many factors go into determining the final settlement or verdict amount a motorcyclist might receive. Some of those factors include the severity of the injuries and damages suffered, as well as how those injuries might affect you long-term. To better answer this question, call us immediately and schedule a FREE case evaluation. We can review your motorcycle accident case and give you a better idea of how much compensation you might receive.
No matter how your accident occurred, our motorcycle accident lawyers will always seek maximum compensation. This include money to pay for:
- Medical expenses
- Lost wages
- Loss of future earnings
- Future medical bills
- Pain and suffering
- Motorcycle and property damage
- And more
We know that injured motorcyclists need prompt medical care and that can result in excessive medical bills both now and in the future. That is why we work diligently for our injured clients. We negotiate all our motorcycle accident claims with one main goal: to help our injured clients get the compensation they need – and deserve. We don’t let insurance companies and their adjusters take advantage of injured motorcyclists and we fight to make sure our clients do not feel pressured to sign a low-ball settlement offer.
Motorcycling Injuries We’ve Seen and Helped With
Like we said above, in a motorcycle accident that involves a collision with a motor vehicle, the LUCKY motorcycle riders are the ones who escape with their lives, a minor broken bone or two, and a road rash scar to show their grandkids. Unfortunately, not every motorcyclist can hope to be that lucky. The sheer physics of a wreck involving a motorcycle and a motor vehicle put riders at a huge disadvantage. Injured riders often face a long road to recovery.
Here are some of the most common and serious injuries our clients have suffered in motorcycle accidents.
Spinal Cord Injuries and Paralysis
These severe injuries break our hearts because they often result in partial or total paralysis and leave our clients potentially unable to ride ever again. They also break our clients’ financially a lot of the time, because they can cost upwards of a million dollars to treat in the first year alone. If even a fraction of those costs isn’t covered by insurance, injured bikers and their families can end up in dire straits. At Stewart J Guss, Injury Accident Lawyers, we have the experience to understand the complicated medical and practical challenges of spinal cord injuries, and we have the know-how to evaluate just how much money our clients need to return to a “normal” life. We won’t rest until you collect fair compensation after a serious motorcycle crash.
Traumatic Brain Injuries and Brain Damage
Whether you love helmets or hate them, many states have mandatory motorcycle helmet laws for riders and their passengers. However, even if your state does not require you to wear a helmet, you should! At Stewart J Guss, Injury Accident Lawyers, we encourage all of our motorcycle-riding clients to wear a helmet, because not wearing a helmet can make it more difficult to recover damages if you get hurt in a motorcycle accident. While helmets can help prevent serious head injuries and death in a wreck, they’re not foolproof. Even the best helmet can’t save a rider from a traumatic brain injury at highway speeds most of the time.
Crushed/Amputated Arms and Legs
Motorcycle wrecks can inflict catastrophic forces on a rider’s body. Riders can also get pinned underneath other vehicles in an accident. In either case, there’s a high risk that motorcyclists will sustain multiple, crushing fractures in an accident. Those injuries can lead to disfigurement, and amputation, too, and all kinds of secondary catastrophic injuries. Of course, advances in prosthetics technology have made it possible to live a relatively normal life after an amputation, but that doesn’t mean these injuries aren’t traumatic and painful. They are. Plus, prosthetics aren’t cheap. We help get you the money you need to adapt to life without a limb.
Orthopedic and Soft Tissue Injuries
Even when you escape a motorcycle wreck with your body more or less intact, you can still take a beating. Bone breaks, torn ligaments and tendons, and other soft-tissue and internal injuries might not threaten to end your life, but they can still complicate your day-to-day and cost you in lost time at work, high medical bills, and dealing with chronic pain. Our experienced motorcycle accident attorneys, MAKE INSURERS PAY ATTENTION TO THESE INJURIES, AND THEN WE MAKE THEM PAY.
Common Causes of Motorcycle Accidents
Motorcycle accidents can occur in the blink of an eye. Everyone has a responsibility to share the road with other car drivers, motorcyclists, truckers, pedestrians, and bicyclists. However, when other motorists fail to use caution around motorcyclists, the result can be catastrophic. In a fraction of a second, your whole world may get turned upside down. When this occurs, it is important to understand who might bear liability and how the accident occurred.
Some of the most common causes of motorcycle accidents include:
- Driver negligence
- Distracted driving
- Drunk driving
- Poor weather
- Road hazards or poor road conditions
Sadly, the leading cause of motorcycle accidents is failure other motorists to recognize the motorcyclist on the road. This often occurs at intersections, as well as on freeways and two-lane highways. In fact almost 70 percent of all motorcycle accidents occur at intersections because drivers simply fail to see the motorcyclist approaching.
The at-fault driver is responsible for paying the damages they caused. However, determining who is the at-fault party is not always easy. In some cases, multiple parties may be responsible for the crash. That’s why injured motorcyclists need a motorcycle accident attorney on their side from the very start.
Motorcycle Accident? Now What?
If you’ve read this far down the page, it probably means you (or someone close to you) have had a motorcycle accident and you need to figure out what to do next. At the accident scene, you may be seriously injured and unable to do much to help your case. That’s ok! The main thing to focus on is getting medical help and alerting the police to your accident. Simply telling someone to call 911 is the best thing you can do. The police will arrive at the accident scene and fill out a police report. The paramedics will arrive and begin treating your injuries. Both are necessary to help you pursue compensation and file a personal injury claim after a motorcycle accident.
Here’s what we usually tell people in your position:
- First, make sure you’re seeing a doctor and getting the care you need. Nothing is more important than protecting your health. Don’t try to make decisions while you’re out of your mind on pain meds or still waiting to hear from a doctor about a plan for recovery. In other words, get your health stabilized and clear in your head first.
- Second, DON’T GET TAKEN FOR A RIDE BY AN INSURANCE COMPANY. When someone else’s negligence or recklessness causes your injury in a motorcycle accident, it’s a good bet an insurance company will try to get you to “go away” by offering you a quick settlement payment cash. DON’T FALL FOR IT, and DON’T SIGN ANYTHING. Insurance companies offer quick money when they know they’re on the hook for their policyholder’s legal liability. Let a lawyer handle the negotiations with the insurance company.
- Third, CALL Stewart J Guss, Injury Accident Lawyers at 800-898-4877 or contact us online. We fight injured motorcyclists and their families. We make sure insurance companies pay attention to our clients’ needs. We. Get. Results. An initial consultation with our team doesn’t cost you a dime, and we take most cases on a contingent fee, which means we don’t get paid unless and until you do.
- The sooner you contact us, the better. The clock has already started ticking on your deadline to take legal action to obtain compensation for your injuries or the loss of your loved one. The more time you give your lawyer to investigate your accident, identify parties with potential legal liability to you, talk to experts, and negotiate with insurance companies, the better your odds of recovering MAXIMUM compensation and getting your life back on track and, hopefully, your motorcycle back on the road.
Call Our Motorcycle Injury Attorneys Now!
The motorcycle accident injury team at Stewart J Guss, Injury Accident Lawyers, doesn’t mess around. We FIGHT HARD for bikers injured in accidents, and for families who have lost a loved one because of someone else’s negligent or reckless actions. We have a nationwide reputation as TOUGH, HARD WORKING LAWYERS who protect their clients’ rights and get results.
We’ve worked to protect the rights of injured motorcycle accident victims for more than 20 years. If a motorcycle accident has taken you or a loved one off the road and caused physical, emotional, and financial pain, then call our office right away to schedule a free consultation! Because we take all of our personal injury cases on a contingency fee basis, you will not owe us a DIME unless we win your case. We are available 24 hours a day, seven days a week, so call us today at 800-898-4877 or contact us now by CLICKING HERE.
If you lost a loved one in a motorcycle accident, we can help you file a wrongful death claim against the liable parties. During your time of grief, we offer compassionate and aggressive legal advice and support. Come in to our law offices for a free case review
See what past clients have to say:
★ ★ ★ ★ ★
“Attorney Guss and his team did a great job representing me in my personal injury case. They communicated every step in the process very clearly and timely, responded patiently to all my questions, and always worked towards my full satisfaction. I would not be able to reach the same settlement amount without their help and advice, nor get the necessary medical treatment for my injury.”
Since starting his firm in 1999, Stewart J. Guss has had the honor of representing clients from all over the world, helping them recover from even the most catastrophic injuries.
Today, thanks to a strong belief in those values of compassion, respect, and approachability, the firm has grown to employ over 120 legal professionals in numerous offices across 4 states, with nationwide reach.