Driving is a common, every day necessary practice in our hectic lives. Every day we get into our cars and leave our homes without thinking about the dangers on the roads. Whether driving through the neighborhood or down the highway it is usually uneventful— but accidents do happen. Sometimes these are innocent fender-benders, but other times these accidents are much more severe, especially when drugs or alcohol are involved. If you are suffering due to a crash caused by an impaired driver, working with a skilled legal team that understands the nuances of complex car accident claims can make all the difference. Your rights matter and you should receive compensation for your injuries to help cover the cost of your recovery.
The car accident attorneys and legal professionals at Stewart J. Guss, Attorney at Law, are here to help! We offer a free consultation to all of our clients and dedicate ourselves to protecting your rights after an accident. We are open 24 hours a day, seven days a week, 365 days a year to assist you. Call us at 800-898-4877 or contact us now by CLICKING HERE to submit your case for review.
What to Do if You Suffered Injuries in a Drug Impaired Car Accident
A recent article published by the GHSA references the study and reviewed about the number of drivers that tested positive for drugs after a fatal car accident. The study determined that in 2016, 44 percent of drivers who experienced a fatality in a car accident had at least one type of drug in their system at the time of the crash. 44 percent is a staggering and alarming percentage, and this is a prevalent problem, and should cause serious concern for responsible drivers.
If you are involved in a car accident, and you believe that the use of drugs impaired the other driver, you should take specific steps to protect yourself.
- Evaluate your immediate injuries – Evaluate your injuries and determine if you need to go to the hospital immediately. If so, call an ambulance or ask someone else to call for you. If you are not severely injured and can wait to seek treatment, make sure you get to a safe place where you are out of the way of other cars.
- Call the police. The police will begin an investigation into the accident upon arrival to the scene. If the cops suspect that the other driver is under the influence of drugs, they might administer a sobriety test. They will also prepare an official accident report, which will be essential in supporting your insurance claim.
- Seek medical attention. Even if you don’t think the injuries you’ve suffered are serious, it’s essential to get a medical evaluation from a doctor. Some symptoms, especially those related to a traumatic brain injury (TBI), don’t show up for hours or even days after the accident. When you file an insurance claim, they will check to see if you sought out a medical exam and when you sought treatment. If they notice that you didn’t, you risk minimizing or even forfeiting your claim.
- Speak with a law firm. Many people are afraid that hiring a law firm will be too expensive, forgetting that an experienced car accident law firm is often your best chance of gaining full compensation for your damages. At Stewart J. Guss, Attorney at Law, our experienced car accident legal team offers a free consultation to all of our clients. You can feel free to ask questions and confident in your decision to work with a group of legal professionals who understands your situation and precisely what to do to help you and your family.
How Our Law Firm Can Help
Most people are caught off guard when they’re involved in a car accident, and it can be difficult to know what steps will help or hurt your chances for a fair settlement offer. Working with a legal team well versed in complex car accident cases allows you to focus on what’s most important: your health! Let us take the burden of the claims process off your shoulders.
- Collect documentation – We will collect your documentation to support your claim—from the police report to medical records, or anything else we believe will help your claim.
- Track damages – We will prepare a comprehensive list of your economic and non-economic damages. Insurance companies will attempt to minimize the value of your claim. Calculating your damages is essential to the goal to receive the full and fair compensation you deserve.
- Carrier Communication – We will communicate directly with insurance companies, so you don’t have to. It’s likely that the insurance claims adjusters will try to connect with you directly to take a recorded statement about the accident. You may feel tempted to speak with them but remember, their motives are primarily to reduce your compensation. It’s always best to step out of this situation and let your experienced legal team talk with the insurance carrier.
- File Claims – We will file your claim and all relevant paperwork timely and in accordance to the law. Every state has a statute of limitations that sets a specific time frame that you must file your case, and these statutes vary by state. It’s essential to file within this time period, and if you don’t, your claim will be dismissed without review.
Call a Car Accident Law Firm RIGHT NOW
If you’ve been in a car accident and believe that the at-fault driver was under the influence of drugs or alcohol, don’t wait any longer—speak with an experienced legal team RIGHT AWAY. The insurance company has a team of experienced complex car accident lawyers on their side. You need a team on your side who will fight for your rights. At the Law Offices of Stewart J. Guss, our accomplished complex car accident attorneys and legal professionals have worked with many injured by reckless, impaired drivers and we know all the tricks the driver and their insurance company will use to minimize their liability and payout to you. Our determined legal team will fight for your right to maximum compensation under the law.
The attorneys and legal professionals of Stewart J. Guss, Attorney at Law, are nationally recognized for protecting the rights of injured car accident victims for more than 20 years. If you are in pain and suffering due to a car accident, call our office right now to schedule a free consultation. We take all personal injury cases on a contingency fee basis, and you will not owe us a DIME unless we win your case. We are available 24 hours a day, seven days a week, 365 days a year, so call us today at 800-898-4877. If you prefer email, CLICK HERE to submit your claim. Whichever way, will review the details of your case and determine the next steps to take. Let’s take the next steps together with an entire legal team by YOUR side. Don’t delay—call or email us today!
See what other clients are saying:
★ ★ ★ ★ ★
“I was very pleased with how Stewart handled my case. He acted professionally at all times and really had my best interests at heart. I was pleasantly surprised by the outcome too! I would definitely recommend my friends and family to use him as their lawyer.”