Have You Been Involved in a Auto Accident?
It’s sad but true, if you drive a car on our streets and highways, sooner or later you are going to get into an accident. No matter how careful you are when you drive, there will always be someone else who is not paying attention or other unforeseen circumstances that will cause that terrible crash or pile-up. This is especially true if you drive regularly in Houston or one of the other major metropolitan areas of Texas.
If you or a loved one were in a car wreck, you may be injured, you may have questions about “what to do next,” and you may not even know where to start. Please know that we offer a FREE consultation, 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, so call us right now at 800-898-4877, or click HERE to send us a question, or get more information. There is NO cost to get a free consultation right now. If you decide to hire us, you pay us nothing up front, and you will pay absolutely nothing at all unless and until we’ve won your case.
If you’ve already been through this before in your life, you know there is a LOT to worry about after that crash! The first and most important concern is the health and safety of those involved in the crash and the other drivers on the road. Take care of your injuries, first and foremost. But what about hours later or the next day? A car accident is a complex situation, and you have many legal rights and responsibilities. This is where an experienced car accident attorney like Stewart Guss and his team can make a big difference.
- are there injuries or fatalities?
- are vehicles damaged?
- are the police involved?
- are there medical and insurance costs to pay?
- what are the legal rights and responsibilities?
- what kind of settlement should you expect?
Traffic accidents can be complex, especially when multiple vehicles are involved. These situations can be upsetting, complicated, stressful and expensive – that is why you need an attorney who is compassionate, honest, experienced and has strength of character. Attorney Guss and his team will make this entire process as pain free as possible and ensure you get the best result for you and your loved ones.
- Stewart Guss and his team believe in respect, integrity and family values
- With decades of combined experience, our attorneys will work tirelessly to recover as much as possible on your claim
- And, you don’t pay us anything unless we win your case!
They Will Try to Deny Your Claim! Dealing with insurance company can be a nightmare. Sometimes it seems like they think their job is to DENY a car accident claim, NOT TO PAY! You need a strong yet approachable advocate on your side and above all else do not sign anything until you speak with us because you risk losing some or all of the compensation that is due to you.
Stewart Guss and his team will do whatever it takes to try to get you as much compensation as possible for your injuries, and we takes pride in treating our clients like family. Pick up the phone and call 800-898-4877 to talk to us about your car accident. Remember, your consultation is FREE, and you pay NOTHING unless we win your case!
Why Take Chances? Let Us Help You!
- Based on re-portable Texas crashes in 2014:
- There were 13,675 serious injury crashes in Texas in 2014 with 17,152 people sustaining a serious injury.
- The 2014 death toll of 3,534 from auto collisions was an increase of 3.70% from the 3,408 deaths recorded in 2013.
- The Fatality Rate on Texas roadways for 2014 was 1.42 deaths per hundred million vehicle miles traveled.
- 1 person was killed every 2 hours 29 minutes
- 1 person was injured every 2 minutes 13 seconds
- 1 reportable crash occurred every 66 seconds.
With this many Texas auto collisions, it is likely that you or someone you love will be involved in an unfortunate crash. During stressful times like this, it is difficult to remember what steps to take immediately after a crash occurs or to know where to begin to receive compensation for your damages and injuries.
Steps to Take After a Houston Auto Collision
- Safety: After an automobile crash, your vehicle may be damaged or even in the path of traffic. If the collision was relatively minor and the cars are moveable, consider driving your vehicle over to a safe location on the side of the road. If you or anyone at the scene was injured, or if it would be dangerous to move your car, then exit the vehicle as quickly as possible and move to a safe location on the side of the road that is a safe distance away from the accident scene.
- Police: Be sure to call the police for assistance. Even in minor traffic incidents, the police can help to redirect traffic, if necessary, and to prepare accident reports. Depending upon the extent of any injuries, it may also be necessary to request medical attention.
- Exchange Information: Exchange your name and insurance information with any other drivers involved in the collision. You will also want the license plate numbers of any other vehicles. It is not necessary for you to provide any further personal information regarding your home address or your injuries.
- Photos. If you are safely able to do so, try and take pictures of the individual cars as well as one of the entire scene. Photographs of the damage caused to your vehicle as well as any road debris may be helpful to prove your claims for damage.
- Make Calls: After you have received any needed medical treatment, it is important to contact your own insurance company and to provide them with all of the details regarding the collision.
Auto collisions can cause injury to almost every party of the body depending upon the type of crash and the severity of the impact including:
Head: Eye injuries, partial vision loss, concussion, facial or jaw fractures and dental injuries
Neck and Back: Whiplash, strained muscles, and disk injuries
Abdominal: Hip fractures and injuries to abdominal organs including the liver, spleen and kidneys
Leg and Knee: Bruises, fractures, and meniscus tears
Feet: Ankles, feet, and toes can be strained, sprained or broken
Because there are so many different types of injuries that you can suffer a result of a Houston automobile collision, it is important to be examined by a medical professional as soon as possible so that they can diagnose the type and extent of any injuries or to confirm that no injuries occurred. Even if you do not believe that you are injured, it is still a good practice to visit a doctor or other qualified medical professional.
If you are involved in a car collision, it is important to speak to skilled Houston auto accident lawyers to discuss your case, determine if anyone is liable for your damages and fight for maximum compensation on your behalf. The auto collision team at the Stewart J. Guss law firm understand how to investigate your case, work with the insurance company to get all of the compensation you deserve and, when a settlement cannot be reached, file a lawsuit on your behalf. Texas auto accident laws can be complicated and difficult to navigate. You want the team of auto collision attorneys at the Stewart J. Guss law firm to protect your rights as well as the rights of your loved ones.
Only a Houston auto accident attorney can apply the appropriate Texas laws and regulations to your case. It is still important, however, for all Texas drivers to be aware of the laws that are applicable to most auto accidents including:
Sec. 550.021. ACCIDENT INVOLVING PERSONAL INJURY OR DEATH.
“(a) The operator of a vehicle involved in an accident that results or is reasonably likely to result in injury to or death of a person shall:
(1) immediately stop the vehicle at the scene of the accident or as close to the scene as possible;
(2) immediately return to the scene of the accident if the vehicle is not stopped at the scene of the accident;
(3) immediately determine whether a person is involved in the accident, and if a person is involved in the accident, whether that person requires aid; and
(4) remain at the scene of the accident until the operator complies with the requirements of Section 550.023.
(b) An operator of a vehicle required to stop the vehicle by Subsection (a) shall do so without obstructing traffic more than is necessary.
(c) A person commits an offense if the person does not stop or does not comply with the requirements of this section…”
Sec. 550.022. ACCIDENT INVOLVING DAMAGE TO VEHICLE.
“(a) Except as provided by Subsection (b), the operator of a vehicle involved in an accident resulting only in damage to a vehicle that is driven or attended by a person shall:
(1) immediately stop the vehicle at the scene of the accident or as close as possible to the scene of the accident without obstructing traffic more than is necessary;
(2) immediately return to the scene of the accident if the vehicle is not stopped at the scene of the accident; and
(3) remain at the scene of the accident until the operator complies with the requirements of Section 550.023…
Sec. 550.026. IMMEDIATE REPORT OF ACCIDENT.
(a) The operator of a vehicle involved in an accident resulting in injury to or death of a person or damage to a vehicle to the extent that it cannot be normally and safely driven shall immediately by the quickest means of communication give notice of the accident to the:
(1) local police department if the accident occurred in a municipality;
(2) local police department or the sheriff’s office if the accident occurred not more than 100 feet outside the limits of a municipality; or (3) sheriff’s office or the nearest office of the department if the accident is not required to be reported under Subdivision (1) or (2)…
Sec. 16.003. TWO-YEAR LIMITATIONS PERIOD.
(a) Except as provided by Sections 16.010, 16.0031, and 16.0045, a person must bring suit for trespass for injury to the estate or to the property of another, conversion of personal property, taking or detaining the personal property of another, personal injury, forcible entry and detainer, and forcible detainer not later than two years after the day the cause of action accrues.
(b) A person must bring suit not later than two years after the day the cause of action accrues in an action for injury resulting in death. The cause of action accrues on the death of the injured person”.
See what past clients have to say:
★ ★ ★ ★ ★
“Mr. Guss was wonderful. He fought hard against the insurance company to get us what we deserved. I went from owing almost $5000 in medical bills to actually getting money in my pocket. Absolutely Amazing!!!!! A big thank you from me and my family!!!”