5 Things to Do Before Meeting With Your AttorneyBy Stewart J. Guss on March 8th, 2016
In order to secure the compensation you are entitled to following a trucking accident, it is critical to have an experienced truck accident attorney advocating for you. In order for your attorney to be an effective advocate, your lawyer will have to ask you a lot of questions about you, the trucking company, your vehicle, how the accident occurred, and your injuries. Here is the type of information you should try to find before meeting with your attorney, if possible. Remember – the MOST important thing is to talk to a qualified trucking accident attorney as SOON as possible after the incident. This list sets forth that information which will be most helpful to your lawyer, but do NOT wait to consult with a lawyer just because you don’t have all the information below!
- The Trucking Company and Driver
- What is the name of the trucking company?
- What is the truck driver’s name?
- What is the truck’s license plate number?
- Information About the Truck Accident
- When and where exactly did the truck accident occur?
- How did the accident occur?
- Were any photographs or videos taken at the scene?
- Was a police report filed, and if so, with which law enforcement agency?
- What traffic violations were the drivers charged with?
- Do you have names, contact info of witnesses or others involved in the accident?
- What was the road like?
- Were other cars or people involved?
- Medical Records
- Were you taken to a hospital? If so, how long were you hospitalized?
- What treatments did you receive?
- What normal activities are you unable to do because of your injuries?
- What was your immediate diagnosis after the truck accident?
- The Condition of Your Car After the Truck Accident
- What damages were sustained to your car during the accident?
- Year, make and model of your vehicle?
- What is the working condition of the car?
- Have you received an estimate for the damages?
- Do you have photographs of your car both before and after the accident?
If you have been involved in a trucking accident, you need a strong yet approachable advocate on your side. Stewart Guss will do whatever it takes to get you fully compensated for your injuries, and he takes pride in treating his clients like family. Pick up the phone and call 713-766-5883 to talk to us about your auto accident. Remember, your consultation is FREE, and you pay NOTHING until we win your case.