It's 3:00 am, and you've been involved in a car accident. Your heart is pounding, your mind is racing, and your first instinct is to worry about the complex legal journey ahead. It's the time when you need someone in your corner the most. That's when the value of a 24-hour car accident lawyer shines bright.
At Stewart J. Guss Injury Lawyers, we understand that accidents can occur at any time of day or night, and their aftermath can be overwhelming. That's why our personal injury law firm is proud to offer a 24-hour car accident lawyer service. With our legal team, help is just a phone call away, no matter the hour.
- Accidents Happen Around the Clock: You Need a 24 Hour Personal Injury Lawyer
- Always on Call, Always at Your Service
- Urgent Response, Critical Action
- Seamless Communication
- Peace of Mind, Anytime
- Experienced, Compassionate Support
- Steps to Take After a Car Accident
- What Does a 24 Hour Car Accident Lawyer Do?
- Contact Our Team of Experienced Attorneys Today
Accidents Happen Around the Clock: You Need a 24 Hour Personal Injury Lawyer
About 38,000 people die every year in automobile crashes. Car accidents happen everywhere, across the country and in our backyards. According to the IIHS’s Fatality Facts, 732 crash deaths took place in Louisiana, or 15.6 per 100,000 population, and Texas had 3,615 deaths, or 12.5 per 100,000 population.
Motor vehicle accidents generally cause enormous economic damage, but the amount of personal loss, pain, and suffering are incalculable. While we do not want to think about car accidents, it may help us understand how and why these accidents happen and their impact.
As people travel more often on weekends, holidays, or after a workday, car accidents are more likely to occur outside standard business hours. A wreck on the weekend can leave you stranded without access to the legal services needed to begin building your case. Waiting days or weeks can eliminate the evidence necessary for a successful legal decision. Contacting a 24-hour lawyer can jump-start your case by immediately gathering data, testimonies, and evidence to support you in your claim for restitution.
Always on Call, Always at Your Service
In the stressful aftermath of an accident, the last thing you need is to wait until the next business day for legal help. Car accidents don't follow a 9 to 5 schedule, and neither do we. Our attorneys work around the clock to deliver 24/7 attention, ensuring that regardless of when an accident occurs, you can immediately have professional, dedicated, and compassionate legal support.
Urgent Response, Critical Action
Accidents are filled with critical, time-sensitive decisions that can heavily impact the eventual outcome of your case. By engaging a 24-hour car accident lawyer, you enable immediate collection and preservation of evidence, interaction with law enforcement, and the safeguarding of your legal rights. Immediate legal intervention can help prevent errors, misunderstandings, or omissions that can negatively impact your case.
Keeping our clients informed is a fundamental part of our service. When you choose a 24-hour car accident lawyer from our team, you are assured of regular updates about your case progress. No matter what questions or concerns you have, you can always reach us.
Peace of Mind, Anytime
With a 24-hour car accident lawyer, you can rest assured that your case is being taken care of while you focus on recovery. Our team is dedicated to managing all aspects of your claim, from paperwork to negotiation, litigation, and settlement. We take the legal burden off your shoulders, so you can concentrate on what's most important: your health and recovery.
Experienced, Compassionate Support
With over 20 years of experience, our firm has a proven track record of delivering results for our clients. We care deeply about the communities we serve, and our commitment to our clients extends far beyond regular office hours. Our 24-hour car accident lawyers are highly skilled in the courtroom. Moreover, we are also compassionate in understanding the emotional and physical toll that an accident can take on victims and their families, especially in personal injury claims involving catastrophic injury, wrongful death, and other life-changing consequences of car accidents.
Steps to Take After a Car Accident
In the aftermath of an accident, people are often shocked, traumatized, or injured. It can be challenging to know what steps to take.
- #1. Check everyone for injuries. Leaving the scene of an accident is a crime. If you have been in an accident, always check everyone for possible injuries and call for medical assistance if you or anyone else needs it. You may fear that your medical bills will be substantial and wish to avoid seeking urgent care. However, this is the most important thing you can do, both for your health and for the sake of your claim.
- #2. Move to a safe area. If possible, carefully move to the side of the road and out of traffic. Turn your hazard lights on and set up flares or reflective emergency triangles to warn other drivers.
- #3. Contact the police. Dial 911 and wait for the police to arrive. The police accident report is essential. The insurance company may request a copy, and it typically serves as supporting documentation in a future legal action.
- #4. Exchange information. Exchange contact and insurance information with all other parties involved in the accident. Collect and share:
- Your full name.
- Contact information, including phone numbers, email addresses, and other necessary details. If the driver’s name does not match the car’s registration or insurance papers, determine the person’s relationship to the vehicle’s owner.
- Driver’s license numbers.
- License plate numbers.
- Insurance companies and policy numbers.
- Makes, models, and colors of vehicles.
- Location of the accident.
- Responding police officer’s name and badge number.
- Witness contact information.
- #5. Document the accident scene. Record details of the accident while they are still fresh in your mind. You can do this with your phone’s camera, video, and voice memo features. Record the time of the accident and any details concerning the weather and visibility. Include as many details as possible, such as the direction each vehicle was heading before and after the accident. Take pictures of all vehicles involved in the accident, including the location of the damage. You may also photograph the accident scene, especially skid marks or property damage, and the position of the cars relative to the street.
- #6. Avoid discussing fault. People are often highly emotional following an accident. The other driver may also be impaired or aggressive. It is important to avoid discussing responsibility, blaming, or admitting fault. You do not need to determine fault at the scene. Insurance companies and the court will evaluate fault once they have all the facts, including an inspection, documentation, police reports, and photographs. In addition, many people feel tempted to share the details of their accidents on social media. However, following a car accident, limiting your social media activity as much as possible is a good idea, as insurers will use this information against you.
- #7. Use roadside assistance if needed. If you cannot drive your vehicle after the accident, you may need to contact roadside assistance to have a reputable company tow it to a collision repair facility.
- #8. Call your insurance company. While the other driver may attempt to arrange a cash payment to avoid making an insurance claim, it is essential to notify your insurance company after a crash. Failing to give notice may eliminate the insurer’s duty to cover your damages or injuries. Typically, you may be able to file your insurance claim using your insurance company’s website, mobile app, or by calling customer service. It helps to report the accident right away while the details are fresh in your mind. Contacting your insurance company right away can accelerate the claims process. Stay in contact with your insurance company after reporting an accident, and keep all your accident-related documents organized as you work with your adjuster to process your claim.
- #9. Seek medical attention. You may think the accident didn't injure you, but in some cases, symptoms show up hours or even days after the accident occurs. Delayed onset injuries, such as head or back injuries, can be severe and should be treated immediately. It is also vital to document medical treatment for legal and insurance purposes. Medical documentation, such as tests, diagnoses, or doctor visits, may be crucial evidence in any claim stemming from the accident.
- #10. Contact a 24-hour lawyer. Nobody ever plans to be in a car accident. Furthermore, car accidents occur instantly and not always during convenient hours. It helps to have the advice of an experienced 24-hour car accident attorney as soon as possible. A 24-hour lawyer can immediately begin work on your legal claim, regardless of the day of the week or time of the accident. Retaining a lawyer to work round the clock on your case ensures that you get the most thorough, effective, and prompt legal attention. A solid legal case will offer you the best chance at a successful ruling and the financial compensation you deserve. Call a 24-hour personal injury attorney with experience in car accident cases for more information or a free case evaluation.
What Does a 24 Hour Car Accident Lawyer Do?
It is best to have a 24-hour lawyer advocating for you right from the beginning to protect your rights and determine fault for the accident. You may be seriously injured or incapacitated, and unexpected issues may arise.
A car accident lawyer’s work may include:
- Investigating accident claims. Your legal and investigative team needs to examine every detail of the accident. This helps them identify all possible at-fault parties and prepare for any issues the other side may raise.
- Gathering evidence. This is an enormous job that requires experience and hard work. Evidence can support the injured person’s claim and help determine damages. Gathering evidence may include obtaining police reports, locating witnesses, taking pictures, and obtaining copies of any video footage of the accident. Security cameras near the accident scene may have captured the accident, but this footage is sometimes erased within a short time.
- Negotiating with insurance companies. Insurance policies are tough to read and understand. After a car accident, insurance adjusters are typically charged with valuing the damages of policyholders. However, an insurance company’s initial settlement offer is often much too low. A car accident attorney works to negotiate toward maximum compensation for accident victims and their injuries.
- Preparing and filing legal documents. Many procedural rules apply to filing a lawsuit. One of the most critical tasks is to file your complaint before the deadline lapses, after which the injured person cannot file suit.
- Conducting discovery. Discovery is an integral part of trial preparation. It enables your attorney to learn what evidence the other side intends to produce.
- Representing clients at trial. If the case proceeds to trial, the car accident attorney uses the evidence to advocate for the client and provide advice and support throughout the process.
As you can imagine, the work required to build a claim can be vast. A 24-hour legal service will provide the comprehensive attention your case needs. When you contact our law office, you can rest assured that you will not owe us anything unless we’re able to get your case results. Call a 24-hour personal injury attorney near you today to learn more and get your free consultation and case evaluation at a time and place that suits your needs.
Contact Our Team of Experienced Attorneys Today
Car accidents can turn your life upside down at any moment. But no matter the time, you can count on us. Our team of dedicated 24-hour car accident lawyers at Stewart J. Guss Injury Lawyers are ready to fight for you round the clock. Accidents don't wait, and neither should you. If you need us, we're here – 24/7. For a free case evaluation, don't hesitate to call us any time of the day or night at 866-965-1069. Remember, your consultation is free, and you pay nothing unless we win your case.
Your peace of mind is worth more than the time on a clock. Sleep tight; we're on it!