We fight for Motorcycle Accident victims in Fresno, CA
The beautiful climate makes California a great place to enjoy a bike ride on the open road or use your motorcycle to commute to and from work. Yet, the pleasure felt from riding your motorcycle can easily turn to pain because of careless motor vehicle drivers. Drivers who don’t share the road with others cause accidents and put bikers at risk for serious, sometimes deadly, injuries. When a traffic collision occurs between a motorcycle and another vehicle, bikers often lose. With less protection, they can suffer catastrophic, life-altering injuries, if they are lucky enough to survive the accident. To make matters worse, these accidents can be avoided when drivers watch for bikers and make careful choices behind the wheel.
If you live in the Fresno area and have sustained an injury or lost a loved one in a motorcycle accident, you need a compassionate and competent attorney to recover the damages you deserve for economic and non-economic losses related to your trauma. The skilled Fresno motorcycle accident lawyers at Stewart J. Guss, Injury Accident Lawyers are here to help you through this challenging time. Call us toll-free at 800-898-4877. You can reach us 24 hours per day, seven days per week by phone, or CLICK HERE to submit your case for review.
Stewart J. Guss, Injury Accident Lawyers: Your Fresno Motorcycle Accident Lawyers
The skilled motorcycle accident injury team at Stewart J. Guss, Injury Accident Lawyers remains committed to helping our clients get each and every dollar they deserve after sustaining injuries in an accident because of a negligent party. We pride ourselves on our diligence and dedication in recovering MILLIONS OF DOLLARS for motorcycle accident victims since our firm began. We now serve clients in Texas, Louisiana, and California. Our experienced legal team aggressively INVESTIGATES, NEGOTIATES, and if necessary, LITIGATES each case we take to obtain the best outcome possible. We do not guarantee an outcome in any particular case, but we can promise to fight for you and help you hold the parties who caused your injury accountable for their actions.
We Take Motorcycle Accident Injuries Seriously!
Being involved in a motorcycle accident often means severe or catastrophic injuries requiring extensive recovery. When accidents occur at high speeds, bikers are lucky to survive. If you have been injured or lost a family member in a motorcycle accident, you shouldn’t have to deal with physical, emotional, and financial stress associated with your injury and loss. The legal team at Stewart J. Guss, Injury Accident Lawyers has helped clients recover damages for economic and non-economic losses as a result of many types of injuries. Examples of motorcycle accident injuries include:
Even when adhering to California’s mandatory helmet law, bikers can sustain severe head injuries in a motorcycle accident. The impact of a collision can cause a jolt to the head resulting in a mild to severe traumatic brain injury (TBI). Mild TBIs, or concussions, typically heal on their own after a few weeks, but moderate to severe TBIs might cause permanent brain damage. According to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), victims who suffer a moderate to severe TBIs might have symptoms and long-term effects which fall into four categories:
- Thinking/remembering. These symptoms include difficulty thinking clearly, concentrating, and remembering new information, as well as feeling slowed down.
- Physical. Headaches, blurry vision, nausea, dizziness, light sensitivity, balance problems, and lethargy are all physical effects of a TBI.
- Emotional/mood. TBI victims might suffer from irritability, sadness, aggression, nervousness, or anxiety.
- Sleep. Any abnormal sleep patterns such as trouble falling asleep, sleeping too much, and sleeping less than usual might indicate a TBI.
YOUR HEALTH AND WELL-BEING MATTER TO US! At Stewart J. Guss, Injury Accident Lawyers, we help motorcycle accident clients evaluate the full extent of their injuries to ensure their motorcycle accident claim isn’t undervalued by insurance companies and the defense’s legal team.
Spinal Cord Injuries
A spinal cord injury occurs when damage is done to any part of the spinal cord tissue. Many assume the cord must be severed to cause severe injury, but this isn’t the case. Any damage might result in the loss of function, or paralysis, temporarily or permanently. Victims might lose function in a limb, from the waist down, or from the neck down, as well as a loss of function in other parts of the body. Medical treatment for spinal cord injuries are costly, but victims also incur expenses for home modifications, assistive devices, assistive technology, and other expenses to function in day-to-day life. We are empathetic to the challenges you might be going through after a spinal cord injury and are here to help you get justice by seeking compensation from those who caused you harm.
Bikers who are involved in a traffic accident often get thrown from their bike or pinned between their bike and another vehicle. Either of these situations might result in a back injury. Bikers might suffer fractured vertebrae or bulging discs. In some cases, surgery can alleviate the issues, but many who suffer severe back injuries are subject to lifetime chronic back pain. Sitting, standing, or lying down hurts and traditional pain management techniques do very little to help. If you suffered a back injury, you don’t deserve a lifetime of pain because a driver caused an accident. At Stewart J. Guss, Injury Accident Lawyers, we cannot make your pain go away, but we can fight to get the compensation you need to cope with your pain for the rest of your life.
Getting pinned under a vehicle or under a heavy bike during a motorcycle accident might crush limbs to the point of amputation. Recovery after amputation is physically and mentally draining for those who must endure it. Not only do victims require a wheelchair, but they also must go through the daunting task and mental anguish of learning how to use artificial limb(s). Victims might also suffer from phantom pain, a sensation of pain because the limb is no longer with the victim. All the physical therapy and rehabilitation associated with amputations make them a costly endeavor. Our skilled legal team will work to make sure you have the funds you need to get the best rehabilitation possible, so you can carry on with your life.
Steps After a Fresno Motorcycle Accident
Insurance companies knowingly and willingly engage in trickery to avoid liability and paying out big claims. At Stewart J. Guss, Injury Accident Lawyers, we know their tricks and will fight to make sure they don’t undervalue your claim. If you have been in a motorcycle accident and you were lucky enough to survive or you are a concerned friend or family member, you can follow these guidelines, in no particular order, to increase the likelihood of recovering the maximum amount of compensation for your motorcycle accident and injuries:
- Get checked out by a doctor as soon as possible to document any injuries you might have suffered. If you were lucky enough to avoid an ambulance ride or refused treatment at the scene of the accident, go to the nearest emergency room for medical treatment. Prevailing in your case against trickster insurance companies requires proving the motorcycle accident caused your injuries. Letting a physician examine you and record your injuries provides medical documentation as evidence. This will also help your lawyer negotiate a better settlement and provide evidence for the court if you need to go to trial.
- Gather contact information at the scene of the accident, if you are physically able. It’s likely law enforcement will arrive on the scene and take everyone’s information, but even the police make mistakes, or you might have to wait a significant amount of time before they arrive. In any case, get the name, address, email, phone, insurance information, and license plates of all those involved in the accident. You should also get contact information for any eyewitnesses, and record the time, location, road conditions, and weather conditions when the accident occurred. You should also record any odd behavior or traffic violations which might have caused the accident. For example, do you smell alcohol on the driver’s breath? Did he run a red light?
- Keep and document all proof of loss related to the motorcycle accident. Recovering damages also requires proving economic loss. In addition to property damage to your bike, you will begin to accumulate expenses after being injured in a motorcycle accident. Keep all medical bills, but also record mileage to and from the hospital for physical therapy, treatment, or follow up visits, and keep accompanying gas receipts. You will also need copies of your pay stubs to demonstrate lost wages due to injury hospitalization, and recovery. If you suffered severe or permanent injuries requiring home modifications, you can also save receipts for the cost of materials and labor to install handrails, ramps, or any other projects. Finally, keep a record of any domestic help you need to hire to replace things you used to do. For example, keep receipts for lawn care, maid service, or any other domestic help.
- Take photos at the scene of the accident if you are physically able. Use your cell phone to take video or photos of property damage, road hazards, license plates, any visible injuries, and anything else you think might be valuable in supporting your case.
- DO NOT ACCEPT a settlement offer before consulting with an experienced motorcycle accident lawyer. INSURANCE COMPANIES ARE NOT YOUR FRIEND. Yet, they will say whatever they can to elicit responses from you to devalue your claim. They might also dangle an attractive settlement offer in front of you to get you to sign away your right to sue for damages. This offer might be attractive, but it is likely far less than you deserve for your accident and injuries. You might be tempted because of stacks of unpaid bills and financial stress, but you deserve far more for the pain and suffering you have endured. You should NEVER ACCEPT and offer without consulting an attorney. Your lawyer can not only negotiate a higher settlement but can shield you from saying something which might reduce the value of your claim.
- DO NOT SPEAK with others about your motorcycle accident claim. It’s natural that you want to share the details of your accident, injuries, and case with your closest friends and family, but this is not in your best interest. INSURANCE COMPANIES WILL INVESTIGATE YOUR CLAIM. When they send out an adjuster it is likely they will interview or speak with those closest to you. When your loved ones know all the details, they might share everything with the adjuster and inadvertently say something which devalues your claim.
- DO NOT POST on social media. Investigators will look on social media to see what you are up to. They might look for specific posts about an accident, but they might also look for party or vacation pictures. Anything posted on Facebook, Instagram, etc. can be misinterpreted easily, and might devalue your claim. Taking down your accounts isn’t necessary, but it’s best to refrain from posting until your lawsuit is settled or litigated.
Our Fresno, California Motorcycle Accident Lawyers Are Here to Help You
We know the defense strategies and tactics other motorists and their insurance companies will use to avoid liability in motorcycle accidents and shift blame towards bikers. We are in your corner and will aggressively pursue the best outcome for your case, so you get the full and fair compensation you deserve. The skilled motorcycle accident lawyers of Stewart J. Guss, Injury Accident Lawyers have attracted national recognition for protecting the rights of injured accident victims for more than 20 years.
If you or a loved one sustained injuries in a motorcycle accident or any other type of crash, contact our office immediately to schedule a free consultation! We take our personal injury cases on a contingent fee basis, so you don’t owe us a DIME unless we secure a settlement or verdict in your favor. We are available 24/7, so call us at 800-898-4877 or contact us now by CLICKING HERE to submit your case for review.
See what past clients have to say:
★ ★ ★ ★ ★
“We received QUALITY service, reliable guidance and we are VERY satisfied with the outcome. Our treatment was both fair & honest; we highly recommend. If one word sums it up, the word would be Exceptional. “Thank you” for all you did!”
See more client testimonials here
Since starting his firm in 1999, Stewart J. Guss has had the honor of representing clients from all over the world, helping them recover from even the most catastrophic injuries.
Today, thanks to a strong belief in those values of compassion, respect, and approachability, the firm has grown to employ over 120 legal professionals in numerous offices across 4 states, with nationwide reach.