Every one of us will probably get involved in some kind of traffic accident in our lifetimes. If we’re among the lucky ones, we’ll walk away with bumps and bruises. But not everyone gets off that easy.
Car accidents take a devastating toll on residents of the Central Valley every day of the year. Some of us suffer long-lasting injuries from car accidents. Others tragically die. Even car accidents that we think are “minor” can leave us with chronic pain and health complications that get in the way living and working.
CAR ACCIDENT VICTIMS NEED GOOD LAWYERS when accidents aren’t their fault. A lawyer can help them recover damages to pay for medical care, lost time at work, and the pain and suffering they should never have had to go through in the first place. A lawyer can also help simplify their lives at a moment when the last thing they need is the complication of dealing with insurance companies, medical paperwork, and other peoples’ lawyers.
The good news is that there’s a TOP NOTCH FRESNO PERSONAL INJURY LAW FIRM that can help Fresno-area residents get the money they deserve. The car accident injury team at Stewart J. Guss, Injury Accident Lawyers has the experience and street smarts to GET CLIENTS PAID by the people who hurt them. Connect with us anytime, for free, 24 hours a day, seven days a week, at 800-898-4877, or online by CLICKING HERE to learn more.
Choose Stewart J. Guss, Injury Accident Lawyers for Your Car Accident Case
Don’t be fooled by the name. Stewart J. Guss, Injury Accident Lawyers isn’t just a one-man show (although our founder, Stewart, is a force to be reckoned with). We’re a nationally-recognized team of attorneys, paralegals, and case management specialists and a well-deserved reputation for fighting for the rights of injured clients. With offices in Texas, Louisiana, and California, our team has achieved MAXIMUM RESULTS for car accident victims totaling MILLIONS OF DOLLARS. We can’t promise you will recover money for your car accident, but you’ll have the best shot at getting every penny of damages you deserve by having a personal injury team that’s the BEST IN THE BUSINESS by your side.
Who Pays Damages for Fresno-Area Car Accidents?
Most people think that if they get into a car accident caused by someone else, “insurance” will cover them. That’s not incorrect, but it’s also not the whole picture. When you are the victim in a car accident that’s not your fault, a whole range of people, companies, and yes, insurers, might have legal liability to you for damages. At Stewart J. Guss, Injury Accident Lawyers, one of our missions is to uncover EVERY one of those parties to make sure our clients have the best chance of getting paid. Here are some of the parties who might have liability in a typical Central Valley car accident:
- Drivers. Obviously, drivers bear a lot of the blame in car accidents when they make bone-headed, irresponsible decisions that hurt others. Most of these drivers will carry insurance, but they might not carry ENOUGH insurance to pay for all of their victims’ injuries. That’s why it’s important to have a skilled attorney who knows how to research every potential source of payment.
- Employers. In the Central Valley, vehicles driven by farm and agricultural workers occupy a lot of space on the roads. Many of those workers lack insurance or the means to pay damages when they make a mistake behind the wheel. BUT, if they’re driving for work, their employers likely have legal liability for their actions. Those employers also probably carry insurance and have other ways to pay damages caused by their employees’ carelessness.
- Auto and auto part makers. Sometimes an accident isn’t really a driver’s fault so much as the fault of the gigantic company that made the driver’s vehicle or its parts. Those companies OWE YOU A DUTY not to put dangerous, defective products on the road. If they ignore that duty and their products cause an accident that hurts you, then our job as lawyers is to make them pay. At Stewart J. Guss, Injury Accident Lawyers, we’re not afraid to take on the biggest companies and the most expensive defense lawyers. That’s all in a days work for us.
- Local and state agencies. Roads are supposed to be designed, built, and maintained in a way that makes them safe for travel. But, what if they aren’t? What if the civil engineers the local government hired to design a road messed up? What if the road construction crew cut corners? What if a city manager knows about a dangerous road condition and slacks off on getting it fixed? Here’s your answer: with the right lawyer, you can take legal action to hold them accountable for your injuries.
- Healthcare and drug providers. Do you know what’s REALLY DANGEROUS? Giving people prescription medicines and not warning them about the side effects, or not checking to see if they take other medicines that could cause bad reactions. Every day across California, citizens get behind the wheel not realizing their medication makes them unfit to drive. Those people get into accidents. They hurt themselves and others. And, you know who should PAY? The medical provider who didn’t take care to prevent that situation from happening. These aren’t easy cases to prove, but the team at Stewart J. Guss, Injury Accident Lawyers has the know-how to FIGHT THEM AND WIN.
These are just examples. There’s no single reason how or why car accidents happen. That’s why you need an experienced, aggressive lawyer on your side when you get hurt in one: to figure out EXACTLY who made bad decisions that led to you getting injured. It’s not always just one party. It could be a combination. And, it takes HARD WORK and SHARP THINKING by a SKILLED LAWYER to narrow in on the people or companies most likely to have liability to you and, just as importantly, most able to pay the damages they owe.
We Take Car Accident Injuries Seriously Because That’s What You Deserve
Just because car accidents happen all the time doesn’t mean the injuries people suffer in them should be taken for granted or treated like they’re “no big deal.” Trust us, we understand: YOUR CAR ACCIDENT INJURIES ARE A BIG DEAL TO YOU. You are in pain. You can’t go back to work. All of a sudden you have worries about your health, your life, and your family that you didn’t have just days ago. We get it, and we take every car accident injury seriously because that’s what you deserve from your attorney.
Over the years, we’ve helped clients recover damages to help them recover from and live with a wide range of injuries after car accidents.
Spinal Cord Injuries and Paralysis
We’re going to be blunt: spinal cord injuries caused by a car accident are a nightmare for victims and their families at the beginning. They often cause paralysis and leave their victims facing a life totally transformed by confinement to a wheelchair. Spinal cord injuries also cost MILLIONS of dollars to treat in the first year of recovery, not to mention the lifetime of extra costs and secondary health complications that come with them. Spinal cord injury victims and their families need the BEST legal help available. That’s the team at Stewart J. Guss, Injury Accident Lawyers.
Traumatic Brain Injuries and Brain Damage
People often sustain blows to the head in car accidents. The damage those blows do isn’t just visible on the outside. Inside the skull, the brain takes a beating, too, leaving it damaged and struggling to function. The difficult thing about traumatic brain injury (TBI) and brain damage generally is that, unless there’s some major symptom appears (loss of consciousness, loss of major motor or cognitive function), it’s not always easy to tell right away just how bad the injury is. Even a “minor bump” can leave a car accident victim with long-lasting brain trauma that affects memory, thinking, and emotion, and causes physical symptoms like chronic headaches, pain, and dizziness. At Stewart J. Guss, Injury Accident Lawyers, we help our clients make sure they evaluate every potential injury they’ve suffered in a car accident, to ensure nothing gets overlooked.
Crushed/Amputated Arms and Legs
Car crashes are often violent events that crumple and destroy the cars involved. We’re fortunate to live in an age when advances in safety features have made cars safer than ever for accident victims. Airbags, roll cages, and seat belts save lives. But no safety system is perfect because we can’t escape the laws of physics. The forces of a car accident can STILL crush a car and pin the limbs of its occupants between or beneath pieces of twisted metal. We have represented clients who lost limbs and/or limb function and we know just how difficult it can be to face life with a permanent disability. WE FIGHT to make sure those clients receive appropriate compensation to pay for necessary surgeries and, if necessary, prosthetic devices, so that they can return to a normal life.
Orthopedic and Soft Tissue Injuries
Like we said above, WE TAKE ALL CAR ACCIDENT INJURIES SERIOUSLY. That includes injuries that don’t necessarily put your life at risk, but still cause you lasting pain and difficulty in day-to-day activities. Whiplash, back injuries, and joint pain, for example, all commonly appear in people who “walk away” from car accidents. Those accident victims deserve the same level of experienced legal counsel as any other victim. We’re here to help.
What to Do After a Fresno Car Accident
Car accident injuries turn our clients’ lives upside down. Between the stress of recovering physically and emotionally and the worries about financial damage, they often have a tough time knowing what to do next to protect their rights. While every case is different, here are three pieces of general advice we usually offer to anyone struggling in the aftermath of a car accident.
- First, see a doctor and follow the advice you get. Taking care of your health is the top priority. Getting prompt medical care protects your ability to live your life, obviously. It also generates records and reports that will be useful down the road if you decide to take legal action for damages.
- Second, DON’T TRUST INSURANCE COMPANIES. It’s probably safe to talk to your own insurance company, but DON’T TALK TO ANYONE ELSE’S INSURANCE COMPANY without first speaking with a lawyer. And, whatever you do, don’t agree to any settlement an insurance company offers you before you get legal advice. Anyone offering you money right now, ESPECIALLY if they know you don’t have a lawyer on your side, is trying to take advantage of you.
- Third, get an experienced, aggressive lawyer involved right away. A lawyer can handle insurance companies, investigators, and other lawyers on your behalf. A lawyer can also start investigating your accident to determine who has legal liability to you. Most importantly, a lawyer protects you from parties who will try to take advantage of you during this difficult time. Calling a lawyer PROTECTS YOU.
Don’t wait to call an attorney. You have less time than you probably think to protect your rights and make a claim for the MAXIMUM damages potentially available to you.
Call Your Fresno, California Car Accident Injury Attorneys at Stewart J. Guss, Injury Accident Lawyers
The law firm of Stewart J. Guss, Injury Accident Lawyers, FIGHTS for its clients’ rights, day-in, day-out. We don’t let ANYONE take advantage of our clients. When someone’s bad decisions cause a car accident that hurts our client, WE MAKE IT OUR MISSION to help every dollar of compensation our client deserves. In fact, we are nationally recognized for protecting the rights of injured victims for more than 20 years.
If a car accident in the Fresno area has injured you or taken the life of a loved one, contact Stewart J. Guss, Injury Accident Lawyers right away to schedule a free, no-obligation case consultation. Because we take all of our personal injury cases on a contingency fee basis, you will not owe us a DIME unless we win your case. We are available 24 hours a day, seven days a week. Call us today at 800-898-4877, or contact us now by CLICKING HERE.
See what past clients have to say:
★ ★ ★ ★ ★
“We received QUALITY service, reliable guidance and we are VERY satisfied with the outcome. Our treatment was both fair & honest; we highly recommend. If one word sums it up, the word would be Exceptional. “Thank you” for all you did!”
See more client testimonials here
Since starting his firm in 1999, Stewart J. Guss has had the honor of representing clients from all over the world, helping them recover from even the most catastrophic injuries.
Today, thanks to a strong belief in those values of compassion, respect, and approachability, the firm has grown to employ over 120 legal professionals in numerous offices across 4 states, with nationwide reach.