When you suffer a personal injury, you can feel as though the trajectory of your life comes to a halt in a matter of seconds. The outlook for your future, job and day-to-day life can now seem uncertain. It is a painful and frustrating experience to suffer a personal injury. When that harm results from the negligence of another party, you need someone to fight for justice and compensation for your losses.
There is no easy path following an unexpected personal injury. Personal injury victims such as yourself must try to heal and figure out how they can regain control of their life after an accident. Seeking compensation for the care of your injuries and losses is an overwhelming thought, but you do not have to go through it alone.
The McKinney personal injury attorneys at Stewart J. Guss, Injury Accident Lawyers, understand the challenges you can endure as a McKinney personal injury victim. We want to help you hold the parties responsible for your injuries accountable and fervently represent your interests against them.
We are a national law firm based in Texas with multiple offices around the country. We also work with affiliate law firms in most states that share our focus and dedication to excellence. No matter where you are located, we may be able to help you, so call or contact us now. We are open, for free, 24 hours a day, seven days a week, at 800-898-4877, or you may contact us now by clicking here to submit your case for review.
Why Choose Stewart J. Guss, Injury Accident Lawyers in McKinney?
Our team of personal injury attorneys represents victims of personal injury throughout McKinney and surrounding areas. With decades of experience and background in handling and litigating personal injury matters, we know what it takes to fight for victims of negligence.
We take your trust in our team seriously. It would be best if you focused on your recovery following a personal injury. Healing and recovery take time, patience, and energy that you should not waste on insurance companies and the parties at fault. Hire our team to represent you so you can feel at ease knowing your rights are a priority moving forward in your claim and case.
All personal injury cases are different, and we will take the time to understand your case and your concerns as we prepare to represent you. Our clients get the personal attention they deserve and need to build a strong case and help them seek the compensation available for their losses.
Convenient Locations Throughout Texas
We have office locations nationwide and throughout Texas. Our Dallas office is just minutes away from McKinney in the Downtown area across the street from Pacific Plaza and easily accessible off of Interstate 345 or Interstate 35E. We offer virtual or in-person consultations to meet the preferences and needs of our clients. Contact us to schedule a free consultation of your case to discuss what compensation might be accessible to you as an injury victim.
Personal Injury Compensation for Victims
As a personal injury victim, you already begin to feel and see the injury’s impact on your life. From the influx of medical bills in your mailbox to the time missed from work to heal and attend therapy sessions and medical appointments.
A personal injury accident is much more than the injury itself. It is the widespread effect on all aspects of your life the injury and accident will cause. Compensating a victim for the entirety of their losses is not an easy task. For you to get the compensation you deserve, you must first understand the total losses you have and will incur in your case.
While most personal injury victims can add up their medical bills, expenses, and other costs relating to their injury, they cannot easily predict their future costs or estimate their more intangible losses.
At Stewart J. Guss, Injury Accident Lawyers, we do not leave damages unclaimed or losses undiscovered. We work with you to understand the seriousness of your injuries and the consequences of those injuries on your daily life and future. We fight the insurance companies for the maximum compensation possible for you.
Personal injury compensation can include:
- Medical costs include hospitalization, surgery, emergency care, and rehabilitation.
- Future expenses for any medical needs due to your injury
- Loss of wages due to the accident and your injury recovery time
- Future income losses and impacts to likely income because of your injuries
- Pain and suffering due to your injuries, including physical, emotional, and mental anguish
- For the family of an individual that dies due to a personal injury or wrongful death, compensation may be available
Your Risk of a Personal Injury Accident in McKinney
A personal injury accident happens when most victims least expect it. One moment you are going about your day, and the next, you find yourself on the way to an emergency room dealing with painful injuries.
The risk of a personal injury accident can be all around you. The drive to work, a business appointment, running errands at a store, or walking in your neighborhood. These are all seemingly routine activities that do not usually pose a threat, but the actions of another party can lead to harm to you in all of these scenarios.
The most common personal injuries in McKinney come from traffic accidents. Car accidents, motorcycle accidents, or collisions involving trucks commonly injure and kill innocent victims. For example, the Texas Department of Transportation reports that in one year, Texas roads saw upwards of 3,600 traffic-related deaths and nearly 16,000 injuries.
What Qualifies as a Personal Injury?
Any time an individual or other party acts negligently, they can be liable for the damages their negligence causes. Personal injury laws allow victims of injuries due to another’s actions to seek compensation for their losses from the responsible parties.
Any circumstance that causes an injury can give rise to a personal injury case. What can turn a situation into a possible personal injury matter is when the victim has reason to believe their injuries occurred because of another party’s action or failure to act when they had a duty to do so.
Types of Personal Injury Cases We Handle at Stewart J. Guss, Injury Accident Lawyers
Each individual’s personal injury case is unique. At Stewart J. Guss, Injury Accident Lawyers, we have a wide range of experience representing clients with personal injuries in various scenarios. We can help you file an insurance claim and work to negotiate a settlement on your behalf, or we will fight and prepare your case for a lawsuit in court if necessary.
Personal injury cases we handle include:
- Motor vehicle accidents – Car crashes are common in McKinney and nearby areas. Whether on your commute to Dallas or elsewhere, a traffic collision with another passenger vehicle can derail your plans, and cause painful and uncomfortable injuries and significant losses. When the negligence of another driver or party causes the accident, you as the victim have the right to seek compensation for your injuries and other damages that arise.
- Truck accidents – Semi, tractor-trailers, and other large commercial trucks and vehicles can pose a danger of injury and death to other travelers on the road. If you are in a truck accident, you may be able to seek compensation for your losses from the trucking company or their insurer if a driver’s negligence is to blame.
- Motorcycle accidents – Some inherent dangers accompany a motorcyclist. However, the biggest risk and danger is the negligence of other motorists with no regard for motorcyclist safety.
- Slip and fall accidents – retail stores, offices, and other locations where you are a guest must protect you from hidden dangers and risks to your safety and wellbeing. If you suffer a slip, trip, or fall on another party’s private or public premises, you may be eligible for compensation for your losses.
- Pedestrian accidents – Traffic accidents do not just happen between vehicles. Pedestrians are often the victim of negligent drivers and can suffer severe if not fatal injuries. Suppose you are a pedestrian that gets hit by a vehicle. In that case, you are likely eligible for compensation for your injuries and other damages from their insurance or the party responsible directly.
- Bicycle accidents – Riding a bicycle is a popular mode of transportation or exercise for many in McKinney. Bicyclists, however, are often the victim of collisions with distracted motorists and other dangerous drivers. If you suffer harm as a bicyclist due to a driver’s negligence, you may be able to seek compensation from the driver or their insurance company.
- Wrongful death – Sadly, not all victims of a personal injury will survive their injuries. If you are the family of a victim that lost their life in a personal injury accident, you may have grounds for compensation against the parties liable for the accident and your loved ones’ death.
Common Injuries in a Personal Injury Matter
The injuries in a personal injury accident can be minor, moderate, or life-altering. The severity of your injuries following a personal injury incident may not be apparent. It can also take time to reveal the extent of damage your body sustained in an accident. Additionally, complications may arise later on down the line, which can prolong your recovery or create other risks to your health.
Common examples of personal injuries can include:
- Traumatic brain injuries
- Other head and neck injuries
- Back injuries
- Damage to the spinal cord and column
- Broken bones
- Loss of limb or amputation
- Injuries to internal organs
- Torn or sprained ligaments, tendons, or muscles
- Scarring or permanent deformities
- Loss of vision or hearing
What Don’t Insurance Companies Want You to Know in a Personal Injury Case?
Most personal injury cases involve one or multiple insurance companies. The insurance companies want to protect their bottom line at all costs and refrain from paying out whatever damages they can. The first thing an insurer will do is try to find grounds for a claim denial. If they cannot deny a claim, they will try to reduce your damages as much as possible.
Insurance companies do not want victims to know the true value of their personal injury cases. Instead, they will overlook categories of damages and losses in hopes they can convince a victim to take a quick or low settlement offer as soon as possible. They do not want you to hire a lawyer because they know an attorney will fight for the maximum compensation possible for your case and inform you of your rights and the extent of damages available to you under the law.
What Can You Do if You Are a Victim of Personal Injury in McKinney?
As a personal injury victim, you want to take action in your case as soon as possible. This does not mean contacting the insurance company or the at-fault party. Instead, the best approach is to contact an experienced and knowledgeable McKinney personal injury attorney.
Let the lawyers at our office handle your case while you manage and follow the medical treatment for your injuries and recovery.
Keep a record of any evidence provided to you. Police reports, medical records, employment records, bills, and other information can become necessary to support your accident claim, prove fault and prove your injuries. Create a file and save everything you receive so that you can provide this information to your attorney at Stewart J. Guss, Injury Accident Lawyers.
Contact a McKinney Personal Injury Attorney Today
Our Stewart J. Guss Injury Accident Lawyers team is ready to take your call right now. We are nationally recognized for protecting the rights of injured victims for more than 20 years. If an accident injured you in McKinney, contact our office right now for a free consultation! Because we take all of our personal injury cases on a contingency fee basis, you will not owe us a dime unless we win your case. We are available 24 hours a day, seven days a week, so call us today at 800-898-4877 or contact us now by clicking here.
See what past clients have to say:
★ ★ ★ ★ ★
“We received QUALITY service, reliable guidance and we are VERY satisfied with the outcome. Our treatment was both fair & honest; we highly recommend. If one word sums it up, the word would be Exceptional. “Thank you” for all you did!”