Did you suffer an injury in a car accident in Kingwood? If so, we can help!
Our experienced Kingwood car accident attorneys know the area inside and out – we are a local law firm with a stellar reputation for success.
To better serve you, we offer FREE evaluations and reviews, so you can get the answers you need after a serious car accident in Kingwood. Call us or come by our office to see why so many injured Kingwood car accident victims choose car accident attorney Stewart J. Guss!
Car Accidents in Kingwood
More than 81,000 persons call the community of Kingwood home, and our team at the law office of Stewart Guss often consider the area a second home. We often travel to Kingwood and work closely with people who live and work there. Only about 10 miles away from downtown along Interstate 69, we know that Kingwood provides an idyllic community. Its heavily wooded landscape and proximity to Lake Houston have earned it the nickname “the Livable Forest,” due to its residents’ desire to live harmoniously with nature. One of Kingwood’s greatest claims to fame is that it was once home to professional boxer and indoor grill-enthusiast George Foreman!
While we know that Kingwood is a great place to live, we also know it is still located within a large and busy metropolitan area that is known for its traffic problems. As such, you might find yourself the victim of a car accident while you are there.
You may suffer an injury, you may have questions about what to do next, and you may not even know where to start. Please know that we offer a FREE consultation, 24 hours a day, seven days a week, so call us right now at 281-664-6500, or click HERE to send us a question or get more information. There is NO cost to get a free consultation right now. If you decide to hire us, you pay us nothing up front, and you will pay absolutely nothing at all unless and until we’ve won your case.
With more than 20 years of experience, and thousands of victories under our belts, our team of Kingwood Car Accident attorneys will leave no stone unturned to get you the largest possible recovery for your injuries. Furthermore, we are one of the highest rated major personal injury law firms in the state, and we take pride in treating our clients like family, so contact us right now.
Kingwood Car Accidents Are Increasing
Texas is a big state in terms of both size and population. This results in a lot of cars on Texas roads. As the population of our state increases rapidly, we have also observed an increase in the number of accidents that Texans are getting into each year. Below are a few facts and figures from the most recent annual mobility report:
- In 2016, 713 traffic accident fatalities took place in the metro area, an increase of 16 percent from 2015.
- There were 20,025 serious injuries as well, an increase of 7 percent from 2015.
- The annual cost of crashes in 2016 was $6.4 billion, an increase of 8 percent from 2015.
- The total number of vehicle crashes in the metro area in 2016 was 166,830, an increase of 14 percent from the previous year.
- The crash rate per 100 million vehicle miles traveled also increased, from 220.2 in 2015 to 249.9 in 2016.
- That’s a lot of car accidents in just one metropolitan area.
If you were injured in a car accident in the metro area, including Kingwood, you need to consult with a Kingwood personal injury lawyer as quickly as possible to explore your options. For a free case evaluation to see if the law entitles you to compensation for your injuries, contact the lawyers of Stewart J. Guss, Injury Accident Lawyers, at (281) 664-6500, or send us an email through our online contact form.
Why People Get Into Car Accidents in Kingwood
Although no two accidents are the same, drivers engage in numerous behaviors that make them much more susceptible to car accidents, including:
- Distracted driving: Distracted driving is a serious and growing threat. To avoid accidents caused by distracted driving, pay attention to the road while you drive. It sounds simple, but what it really means is no calls, no texting, no reading, and no grooming or applying makeup while you are behind the wheel.
- Speeding: While we know that following the exact speed limit can sometimes prove difficult, especially if you are running late or if the speed limit on a particular road seems unreasonably low, speeding is the second most common cause of accidents. Resist the urge and stay under the limit.
- Reckless driving: Reckless driving is a broad category of behaviors that encompasses many forms of bad driving, including changing lanes too quickly, speeding, and behaving aggressively toward other drivers. Remain calm and take your time while driving to avoid accidents caused by carelessness.
- Rain: You can’t always avoid driving in the rain, but you should take extra care when you must, as slippery road conditions caused by heavy downpours can cause accidents. If visibility is too low to drive or if the roads seem particularly slick, pull over and wait until the storm passes.
- Night driving: Driving at night is simply more difficult than driving the day due to reduced visibility. To avoid accidents, drive on higher alert than during the day, and use your high beam lights when you are on empty roads or unlit streets.
- Tailgating: While it may seem like a good way to express your frustration at their unreasonably low speeds, there is never an excuse to get too close to the cars in front of you. Keep a safe distance from other cars so that you have time to react to sudden turns or braking.
- Drug and alcohol use: Drunk driving is one of the most dangerous causes of accidents on U.S. roadways, and also the deadliest. Driving under the influence of drugs reduces a driver’s ability to concentrate on the task of driving and often impedes reaction times. This goes without saying, but you should never drive when you are under the influence of any substance. If you have consumed more than two drinks at a social function, or you believe that your BAC is more than the legal limit of 0.08 percent, do the right thing and take a taxi or Uber home. But driving under the influence of any drug—including marijuana, cocaine, or even prescription sleeping pills—can constitute a DUI.
Common Types of Car Accidents We Handle
As we noted above, every car accident is different, but a few types of car accidents are more common than others. These include:
- Frontal impact crashes: Also known as head-on collisions, frontal impact crashes occur when one vehicle drives head-first into another object, which can include oncoming automobiles. The most common injuries associated with these accidents are head, neck, back, spine, and rib injuries. Injuries from frontal impact crashes can prove worse than those caused by other crashes because of the sheer force of the impact.
- Rear impact crashes: Rear impact crashes occur when the front of a vehicle hits the back of the vehicle in front of it. Distracted driving can cause any type of accident, but rear-impact crashes are particularly associated with distracted driving. Often, a rear-end crash occurs because the following vehicle doesn’t realize the leading vehicle has stopped until it is too late. As such, rear-impact crashes are almost always the fault of the driver in the following vehicle.
- Low-speed impacts: Accidents can happen at any speed and are usually associated with backing out of driveways and looking for spots in parking lots. Even though the car might not go very fast, injuries can still occur from these accidents, especially if the driver hits a pedestrian.
- Intersectional collisions: Also known T-bone accidents, intersectional collisions occur (as their name would imply) most often in intersections where one vehicle crashes into another vehicle at a 90-degree angle. These accidents are most often caused by drivers running red lights or trying to “stretch an orange.”
- Sideswipe collisions: Sideswipe collisions take place when one vehicle gets too close to a neighboring vehicle and the sides of the cars scrape. These accidents occur most often on major interstate highways where the at-fault driver fails to check a blind spot before changing lanes or improperly merges onto the highway. Sideswipe accidents tend to cause fairly minor injuries as long as both drivers retain control of their vehicles. However, the original sideswipe accident can often cause a chain reaction wherein the vehicle that is hit then veers into another lane, possibly leading to a multi-vehicle accident.
When Is the Right Time to Hire a Car Accident Attorney in Kingwood?
If you’re reading this, you were probably involved in a car accident recently and are seeking legal advice or answers to specific questions. The general rule with hiring an attorney after a car accident is that, the more severe or complicated the accident, the greater the need for an attorney.
With these more serious and complicated accidents, you may need a personal injury attorney to protect your rights. After all, personal injury attorneys are experts in personal injury laws and procedural rules and can effectively handle all of the legwork for you. Because insurance companies and their lawyers have the knowledge to reduce compensation and even deny a claim altogether, hiring a personal injury attorney is a good idea in situations where:
- One or more parties suffered severe injuries
- Someone died in the accident
- A dispute has broken out about who was at fault for the accident
- The accident involved multiple vehicles
- The accident occurred in a state in which you do not reside
- Your insurance company refuses to cover your damages or offers to pay much less than you think you deserve
If your accident involved any of the above situations, then hire an attorney as soon as possible.
Questions to Ask Your Potential Attorney
When you’re shopping around for attorneys to represent you, here are a few things you should ask all candidates:
- How long have you practiced? While young attorneys can often achieve a high degree of success, you generally want to hire an attorney with several years of practice.
- Do you practice any other type of law besides personal injury? When you have a personal injury issue, you want to hire a lawyer who is an expert in personal injury law and procedure. Thus, your attorney should either practice personal injury law exclusively or devote a majority of professional time to it.
- How many other cases like mine have you worked with? Personal injury law is not a one-size-fits-all practice. If your accident involves a wrongful death claim, for example, seek out an attorney who has handled other wrongful death claims.
- How will you communicate with me? Good communication is the cornerstone of the attorney-client relationship. Make sure that your attorney will keep you up to date on the developments in your case.
If You Were Injured in a Kingwood, Texas, Car Accident, the Attorneys of Stewart J. Guss, Injury Accident Lawyers, Are Here to Help
If a car accident in Kingwood injured you, consult a Kingwood personal injury lawyer as quickly as possible to explore your options. For a free case evaluation to see if Texas law might entitle you to compensation for your injuries, contact the lawyers of Stewart J. Guss, Injury Accident Lawyers, at 281-664-6500, or send us an email through our online contact form. Remember, you pay nothing at the time we take your case, and you pay us nothing unless and until we’ve won financial recovery for your damages.
Don´t Take Chances – Let Us Help You!
See what past clients have to say:
★ ★ ★ ★ ★
“We received QUALITY service, reliable guidance and we are VERY satisfied with the outcome. Our treatment was both fair & honest; we highly recommend. If one word sums it up, the word would be Exceptional. “Thank you” for all you did!”
Since starting his firm in 1999, Stewart J. Guss has had the honor of representing clients from all over the world, helping them recover from even the most catastrophic injuries.
Today, thanks to a strong belief in those values of compassion, respect, and approachability, the firm has grown to employ over 120 legal professionals in numerous offices across 4 states, with nationwide reach.