- Did you suffer an injury in a motorcycle accident in Fort Worth?
- Call us as soon as you can!
Have You Been Injured Due to a Fort Worth Motorcycle Accident?If you or a loved one were injured while riding a motorcycle in or around Fort Worth, the road to recovery could seem complicated, uncertain, and you may not even know where to begin. Having an attorney that understands how to navigate the complicated waters can help alleviate the stress and make a difficult situation more manageable. Our team of motorcycle accident attorneys and legal professionals have assisted clients in Fort Worth to recover monetary compensation for their injuries, and we may be able to help you recover the compensation you deserve. By working with an experienced motorcycle injury attorney who understands how to file a claim, negotiate with insurance companies, and win you the compensation you deserve, it can lift a huge weight off your shoulders. For more than 20 years our team has aggressively fought for our clients, and we fiercely advocate for injured motorcyclists and their families. The legal professionals at Stewart J. Guss, Attorneys at Law, are available for your free consultation, 24 hours a day, seven days a week, 365 days a year. Call us at 800-898-4877 contact us now by CLICKING HERE.
Why You Need a Fort Worth Personal Injury Law FirmAfter a motorcycle crash in Fort Worth, you might initially think that the insurance company is working in your best interest to pay you a fair settlement that will fully cover the cost of your injuries. There is a good chance that you have already received calls from insurance agents who seem genuinely concerned about your injuries and want to know detailed information about your recovery process. Yes, it’s tempting to listen to what they have to say and tell them all about your accident, but this can hurt your claim. You may ask, “why would they do that?” Insurance companies are good at what they do, which at the end of the day is running profitable businesses. To do this, they routinely look for ways to reduce the amount of their settlement offers. One tactic they use is to discredit the accident victim’s story. To do this, the representative from the insurance company might attempt to get you to give a verbal statement recounting what happened before and after the accident. They might also ask you questions about your doctor’s prognosis and treatment plan or simply ask how you are doing today. The more information they can gather from you, the higher their chances of refuting part or even all your claim. The good news is that when you work with a law firm that has experience dealing with insurance companies, you can feel secure knowing that you have a strong legal advocate on your side that will help you avoid making costly statements that could hurt your potential settlement. If the insurance companies refuse to offer the appropriate settlement amount for your personal injury claim, you may need to file a lawsuit to obtain the justice you deserve. Our experienced team of motorcycle accident lawyers and legal professionals at Stewart J. Guss, Attorneys at Law are ready to help you challenge the insurance company and fight for your right to the fair compensation you deserve.
Causes of Motorcycle Accidents in Fort WorthCertain scenarios are especially dangerous for motorcycles, but when you’re aware of them, you can help avoid an accident. Negligence can include:
- Left turns, or abrupt lane changes - Motorcycles are smaller and less visible than other vehicles on the road, so drivers often fail to see them, even when checking their mirrors before turning. This is because drivers primarily look for cars, trucks, or other large vehicles. When a car turns left or switches into a different lane, try to anticipate what the driver will do and allow plenty of room for them to make a turn or change lanes. By driving defensively, it could minimize exposure to conditions that commonly cause motorcycle accidents.
- Distracted Driving – By law, every driver on the road has a responsibility to obey stop signs and red lights. Even drivers who carefully follow traffic signs may fail to notice a motorcycle stopped in front of them. A common type of motorcycle accident occurs when a driver rear-ends a motorcyclist simply because the driver didn’t see them. With cell phones and other distractions, their attention may not be on the roadway, or they weren’t expecting a motorcyclist in front of them. Additionally, a motorcycle is smaller than most other vehicles, and other drivers may fail to notice you in their blind spots. It’s far too easy for a driver to miss a motorcycle in their rear-view mirror especially if they are distracted in any way. Either way, this could result in an accident, causing severe injuries for motorcycle riders and their passengers.
- Poor Road Conditions - There is a big difference in riding over a pothole when you’re driving a car versus a motorcycle. Cars are better equipped to handle roads with cracks and potholes, given their weight and suspension. A motorcycle is extremely vulnerable on poorly maintained roads that have unmarked holes and unpredictable cracks. Even if you are traveling at the posted speed limit, hitting a pothole could result in losing control or thrown off of your motorcycle and landing in the middle of the road, resulting in a serious accident.
Common Fort Worth Motorcycle Accident InjuriesOur Fort Worth motorcycle crash lawyers have helped bikers who suffered serious injuries in motorcycle crashes across the Dallas / Fort Worth area. Some of those injuries, include:
- Traumatic brain injuries
- Spinal cord injuries
- Broken bones
- Road rash
- Head and neck injuries
How to Protect Your Rights After a Motorcycle Accident in Fort WorthThe moments after an accident can seem unreal. One moment you were riding along 35 West with traffic, enjoying another beautiful day in Fort Worth, and the next you’re thrown off your motorcycle and on the ground. Knowing what to do after the fact – even if the other driver is clearly at fault – is the key to increasing your chances of recovering compensation after the fact. After an accident, a few necessary steps to remember to maximize your chances of recovery are:
- Get Yourself to Safety – Your safety is essential and if you can do so without worsening your injuries, move out of the way of other traffic and to the side of the road, but if you believe you are too injured to move, call an ambulance immediately or specifically ask someone else to call 911 for you. Additionally, ask if anyone has flares or safety cones that he or she could put around the scene of the accident until the police arrive as this will preserve the accident scene as much as possible until the emergency crews show up while maintaining your safety.
- Collect and preserve crash information - Again, if it is safe to do so, and you do not require emergency medical treatment, speak with the other drivers who were involved in the accident and collected their contact information, insurance policy details, and the make and model of their cars. If there were witnesses to the crash, it is a good idea to collect their information as well. If possible, take photographs of the scene and anything that may have contributed to your crash and the damage to your motorcycle. Remember, a picture speaks volumes and the more information you have, the better.
- Avoid discussions about the accident - You should avoid talking about the specifics of the accident, and never apologize, even if you feel bad that the accident took place. An apology could come back to hurt you later, and defense attorneys may use it as evidence that you assumed fault for the accident. The only time you should discuss any details about the accident is when speaking with the police or any other emergency officials.
- Contact the police - After an accident, many people don’t realize that they should always call the police. Police are trained to respond to accidents, and they can navigate the scene and capture all the details of the accident. When the police arrive, they will survey the details of the accident. They should collect information from all drivers involved, and will call an ambulance if necessary. Afterward, they will prepare an official statement declaring what they saw at the accident, and they might also determine whom they believe was at fault. This report can prove incredibly useful to support your claim, so make sure you collect the information from the police to obtain a copy of the final police report.
- Seek IMMEDIATE medical attention - Even if you don’t think you sustained any injuries that require urgent attention, you should seek medical care without delay. The existence or severity of certain injuries are not always obvious after an accident, and they can vary greatly in scope. Even if wearing a helmet, a motorcyclist could hit their head causing Traumatic Brain Injury (TBI), and it could leave you confused and unable to make rational decisions. A doctor will thoroughly examine you and check for any serious injuries that might not immediately present themselves. They will put together a treatment plan and schedule follow-up appointments ensuring that you are recovering as expected. Also, insurance companies will take a close look at your medical treatment history when reviewing your claim, and an official medical record is created. If you requested compensation for an injury but waited to seek treatment, they will attest that you were not seriously hurt. Alternatively, even worse, they might claim that the trauma you are referring to didn’t even occur as a result of the accident. By seeking immediate treatment and having an official medical record supporting your injuries can increase the chances of gaining a fair settlement This can seriously impede your chances of gaining a fair settlement from the insurance company.
- Call a trusted personal injury law firm to discuss your case. You might have watched a lot of Lawyer and Order on television, but when it comes to real-life personal injury cases, the stakes are too high to go it on your own. An experienced legal team can help you with multiple areas of your case. Your law firm can speak to the insurance companies on your behalf, hire expert witnesses to support your claim, help to gather important documents, and file all necessary paperwork on time. We often see a shift in our clients once we start to help support their case, as they know they can relax and focus on the important task of recovering from their injuries.
How Much is My Fort Worth Motorcycle Accident Case Worth?
Understanding Economic Versus Non-Economic DamagesYou might have heard your lawyer use the terms economic damages and non-economic damages. What does each term mean and why are these significant to your case? Damages refer to the different current and future expenses for which you should recover compensation after an accident. They are broken down into two categories. Economic damages are relatively easy to quantify. These include all of your out of pocket expenses, and your legal team can calculate them by reviewing the bills that you’ve paid for various expenses related to your accident. Some examples of economic damages include:
- Medical expenses, such as copays for a doctors visit
- Hospital bills
- Physical therapy bills
- Pharmacy bills
- Repairing the damage to your vehicle
- Lost wages or missed earning opportunities due to time off work while you heal from your injury
- Pain and suffering - This could include depression, post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD), emotional distress, or grief over the loss of a loved one in an accident.
- Disfigurement or disability - Feelings of isolation and depression are common after accidents lead to serious disfigurement or impairment. You might find that you are unable to connect with those with whom you were once close.
- Lost enjoyment of life - After an accident, you may lose the ability to participate in the activities you enjoyed. This can result in stress and depression.
Contact a Motorcycle Accident Attorney in Fort Worth, Texas TodayIf you were hurt in a motorcycle accident, you need a compassionate and experienced legal team on your side. An accident can take you away from work as you recover, resulting in reduced wages and missed earning opportunities. Add this onto the already mounting medical bills you’re facing, and the situation can start to feel overwhelming. The attorneys and legal professionals of Stewart J. Guss, Injury Accident Lawyers are nationally recognized for 20 years of helping our clients with motorcycle accidents. Our legal team is dedicated to putting our client's needs first, and we will aggressively work to protect your rights to fair compensation. We have an office in the Dallas-Fort Worth area so you can get the legal advice and support you need - when you need it! If you were injured in a motorcycle accident, call our law office right now to schedule a free consultation! We take all personal injury cases on a contingency fee basis, and you will not owe us a DIME unless we win your case. We are available 24 hours a day, seven days a week, 365 days a year - so call us today at 800-898-4877 or contact us now by CLICKING HERE. In this initial consultation, we will review the details of your case and help to put together a strategic action plan for your next steps to fight for the just compensation you deserve. You deserve legal representation after a motorcycle crash - let us be the ones you call!
See what past clients have to say:
Review: 5/5 ★ ★ ★ ★ ★
"We received QUALITY service, reliable guidance and we are VERY satisfied with the outcome. Our treatment was both fair & honest; we highly recommend. If one word sums it up, the word would be Exceptional. “Thank you” for all you did!”-Jeri B.