Fort Worth Personal Injury Attorneys
Helping Fort Worth Accident Victims Seek Justice and Recover Compensation for Their Personal Injuries and Damages
No one asks to suffer injuries in an accident, and accidents typically happen at the most inopportune times. The aftermath of accidents is about accountability. When an accident strikes, and you are injured, you need a team of legal elites that know how to get you fully compensated for your injuries. Accidents can change your life in an instant—we can offer the help to put things right again.
If you sustain injuries in a Fort Worth accident that was not your fault, the clock is ticking on your case, and you should seek legal representation as soon as possible. When it comes to retaining experienced legal counsel, look no further than the law offices of Stewart J. Guss, Attorney at Law. We know how to find justice for your case, and will not rest until we do. We are relentless advocates for every client, and we will stop at nothing to get you the recovery you deserve! Moreover, in our practice, we are fully aware that accidents may occur any time, any day, anywhere. We are available to answer your legal questions and concerns for free, 24 HOURS A DAY, 7 DAYS A WEEK, 365 DAYS A YEAR. To find out more about how we can help you, please give us a call at 800-898-4877, or CONTACT US online.
When our law firm handles your case, you can rest easy knowing that we are taking care of all the legal aspects, allowing you to focus your attention on getting better.
Accident Statistics in Fort Worth, Texas
Serious accidents occur in Fort Worth, Texas every day of the year. While the news does not report on all these accidents, many of them still result in serious injuries. Some recent annual car accident statistics in the Fort Worth area show the following:
- 84 fatal car crashes
- 86 fatalities
- 550 suspected serious crashes
- 657 suspected serious injuries
- 1,900 non-incapacitating crashes
- 2,662 non-capacitating injuries
- 3,664 possible injury crashes
- 5,742 possible injuries
Although these statistics deal specifically with car accidents, there are many other types of accidents that can lead to serious injuries in the greater Fort Worth area. If you sustain injuries in any one of these accidents, our experienced lawyers are just a phone call or email message away. We can review what happened in your accident and offer you the skilled legal representation you deserve.
Accidents Come in All Different Sizes and Shapes
Not all accidents are the same, and neither are the injuries that result. Many people suffer injuries in ways they might never expect—and it’s only natural they may not know where to turn or what to do next. With so many ads and websites of law firms claiming they have extensive personal injury experience, it can be difficult to know whom to trust.
It is critical to make sure your personal injury law firm has experience in your particular type of accident and injury case. When you are searching for legal representation, you want a lawyer who knows how to handle your type of accident case. While every accident case requires a showing of negligence on the part of another person (usually the other driver), different types of evidence are used to prove these legal elements, depending upon the accident type.
At the firm of Stewart J. Guss, our cases run the gamut when it comes to accidents and resulting injuries. We help people after fender-benders and also after 18-wheeler trucking accidents cause catastrophic injuries and permanent disabilities.
Each case deserves a unique approach, and you can depend on our legal team to handle your claim with skill and care. The Fort Worth personal injury attorneys at our firm know how to handle many different types of accident cases. Some of the accident cases we frequently handle include:
- Car accidents – When Fort Worth motor vehicle drivers ignore the rules of the road and strike other vehicles or pedestrians, they are responsible for their actions, as well as for all the injuries and other unfortunate consequences that result. Some of these accidents can permanently damage a person’s life in a matter of seconds! You don’t have to be in a collision with an 80,000-pound truck to suffer serious injuries, however. Crashes involving only passenger vehicles can cause extensive damage and injuries, as well. Car accidents injure millions of people per year in the United States, and injuries are possible no matter what type of crash occurred. Whether you are in a single-vehicle crash, a rear-end collision, a head-on collision, or if your car rolls over, the potential exists for life-changing injuries. Many accidents happen due to negligent drivers, including distracted drivers, drunk drivers, drivers who violate traffic rules, and road ragers, among others.
- Commercial truck accidents – Large semi-trucks, 18-wheelers, and other big rigs are some of the most dangerous vehicles on our roads, and they often leave a wake of destruction if they crash. According to the Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration (FMCSA), accidents involved nearly half a million commercial vehicle in only one year in the U.S. This includes tractor-trailers, buses, tanker trucks, and similar vehicles. Because such trucks dwarf other cars and even SUVs, the damage and injuries stemming from a collision can be devastating. Many parties may be involved in this type of claim, including a truck driver, trucking company, or other third parties. These claims can be highly technical, so you need a skilled truck accident law firm on your side, especially in complex cases like hit and run or phantom vehicle accidents, drugged and drunk driving accidents, and distracted driving accidents.
- Bicycle accidents – Similar to motorcyclists, bicycle riders have little to no protection in the event of an accident. Cycling is good for your body, your wallet, and the environment—but never forget that cycling is also an inherently dangerous activity. Riding a bike on a road or near traffic often results in collisions with cars, drivers running you off the road, dooring accidents, and more. Drivers should “share the road” with cyclists, though they often become impatient if a bicycle is moving slower than they want to be moving. Distracted drivers commonly miss seeing a bicyclist and may crash into them while making turns or passing. Even if a bicyclist survives a crash, their injuries will usually be extensive.
- Motorcycle accidents – Negligent drivers also pose a serious threat to people who choose to ride a motorcycle. Motorcycles are extremely popular in Texas, and people ride for recreation or even for their primary form of transportation. Despite the thrill of riding a motorcycle, everything can change in a second if a crash occurs. Motorcyclists do not have the metal frames, seatbelts, or airbags that cars have, and their bodies are vulnerable to a direct impact from another vehicle or with the ground. Many motorcyclists suffer disabling injuries if they crash, even if they wear all recommended safety gear. A helmet cannot always protect you from a brain injury and does nothing to protect the rest of your body. For this reason, motorcycle accident claims often involve multiple severe injuries.
- Slips, trips, and falls – Injuries happen even when there are no motor vehicles or traffic involved. You can be doing your weekly grocery shopping—feeling completely safe from harm—when you suddenly slip on a wet substance and fall to the floor. Slip and falls can happen in many locations and due to a variety of hazards that a business should have addressed. These accidents can also cause shockingly serious injuries, including concussions, broken bones, soft tissue injuries, broken hips, and more. Other premises liability accidents include falls down stairs, elevator and escalator accidents, and swimming pool accidents.
- Construction accidents– The Fort Worth area contains many dangerous jobs, and we need people willing to do these jobs for the good of the city and state. Some jobs that come with inherent risks include construction work, gas or oilfield work, emergency response teams, utility work, and more. If an accident happens on the job, there are different ways that you can receive the compensation you need to cover your bills. Our law firm can evaluate your case and determine whether any third parties were negligent, as well as map out the best course of action in your situation.
- Pedestrian accidents – We are all pedestrians at some point—often, on a daily basis. Whether you walk down the street or to your car in a parking lot, a car may suddenly crash into you. Pedestrians have even less protection than bicyclists or motorcyclists since almost no one wears a helmet when they walk! This completely exposes pedestrians to a collision with a vehicle that weighs thousands of pounds. It should be no surprise that crashes commonly leave pedestrians facing lasting injuries that may require years of treatment. Multiple injuries also often occur in a single pedestrian crash, and the losses can be astounding.
- Defective drugs – Large pharmaceutical companies should have the best interests of the public in mind. However, their priority is clear—profits, profits, profits. This means that they can rush certain drugs onto the market without properly identifying the harmful risks or side effects to users. In addition, once companies discover such side effects and injuries to patients, they do not necessarily pull a drug from the shelves if it is popular enough. When a company causes harm to consumers by selling dangerous drugs or other products, that company should be accountable for any injuries and losses that result.
- Nursing home injuries – As more and more people move into nursing homes and long-term care facilities, the instances of nursing home injuries also increase. Some nursing home injuries occur due to dangerous conditions in the facility, such as wet floors, lack of handrails, or inadequate security. Other injuries happen due to neglect by the staff, including failure to provide proper medical care or medication, nutrition, or otherwise care for a resident’s needs. Finally, some residents become victims of deliberate nursing home abuse, whether they suffer physical assaults, emotional torture, or sexual abuse. Any of these injuries is unacceptable, and an injured nursing home resident deserves justice for their unnecessary suffering.
- Premises liability – Property owners and managers—especially those who invite the public to their properties to conduct business—have a legal responsibility to keep their premises safe for their invited guests. When they fail to do so and injuries result, victims can hold the negligent parties responsible.
When our attorneys represent you in your personal injury case, you can be sure that you are in good hands. Our experienced Fort Worth personal injury attorneys are just as experienced at the negotiating table as we are in the Texas courtroom. We know the best skills and strategies to use against the insurance company to make them pay you full and fair compensation.
Your Injuries and Losses
While the type of accident that happened will help determine the nature of your case, so will the extent of your injuries and losses. We take the tough cases that involve catastrophic injuries that often have permanent effects on victims. We know the process of recovering from your injuries is difficult enough, so we take over all of the legal aspects of your situation for you. Stewart J. Guss’s team of attorneys and legal professionals handle cases involving the following injuries, among others:
- Skull fractures
- Traumatic brain injury (TBI)—moderate to severe
- Fractured bones
- Facial fractures
- Shattered or crushed bones
- Spinal cord injuries
- Soft tissue injuries
- Whiplash and other neck injuries
- Back injuries
- Internal hemorrhaging
- Internal organ damage
Even injuries that may seem minor can disrupt your work, recreation, and home life. For example, medical professionals consider a concussion to be a “mild” form of a traumatic brain injury. Despite being mild, concussions can cause dizziness, disorientation, communication problems, fatigue, physical impairments, memory problems, and many other symptoms. These symptoms may mean you cannot help your child with their homework, perform at your job, or engage in regular everyday tasks. You need emergency treatment and tests for a proper diagnosis, and you will likely need follow-up appointments with your physician or neurological specialists. Your medical bills combined with your lost income will add up quickly. Suddenly, your “minor” concussion doesn’t seem so minor anymore!
Other accident victims immediately recognize the severity of their injuries. If medical professionals suspect a spinal injury, you can be sure you will spend time in the hospital. They will constantly monitor your progress, work to prevent complications, and adjust your treatment and prognosis. If you have a complete spinal cord injury, doctors will likely inform you of your permanent paralysis and begin working on strategies for you to adapt. Whether your injuries will heal with time or cause permanent disabilities, our legal team is committed to helping you recover physically and financially!
The above, of course, are just some examples of accidents and injuries involved in our cases. When calling our office for your free consultation, we will evaluate your accident, and advise you how we can assist you or point you in the right direction.
Recovering Damages for Your Personal Injuries
The personal injuries you can sustain in Fort Worth accidents are potentially limitless. When you suffer injuries in an accident that wasn’t your fault, you are the one who has to bear the burden of your injuries. This burden comes in the form of medical visits, missed time from work, physical therapy, imaging studies, and medical procedures, like surgeries. Besides to the pain and suffering you are forced to endure, you may be losing money, not to mention the life you once had.
Our personal injury lawyers represent accident victims suffering from various types of injuries, including burns, broken bones, spinal cord injuries, traumatic brain injuries, back injuries, neck injuries, and internal injuries. We are here to help you get compensation for:
- Medical bills
- Physical therapy bills
- Pain and suffering
- Lost enjoyment of life
- Loss of use of a body part
- Lost earnings
- Future medical procedures
- Future care and treatment
If your loved one died in an accident that resulted from another person’s negligence, we may be able to file a wrongful death claim. Potential wrongful death damages include lost earnings, loss of future earnings or support, and pain and suffering leading up to the time of death.
When it comes to personal injury cases, insurance companies usually have a hard time doing what is right. Despite what they may claim in their commercials and ads, they are NOT in the business of helping you after an accident. Instead, when an accident happens, they will become your worst enemy.
When you place your trust in our experienced Fort Worth personal injury attorneys, you can rest easy—secure in the knowledge that we will CHALLENGE the insurance company and FIGHT for your legal rights at every turn. If the insurance company still refuses to offer you the compensation you deserve, we have no reservations about taking your case to court.
How We Help
While each case requires an individualized approach, our skilled personal injury legal team maintains a standard of care in the following ways:
- Case evaluation – The first step toward seeking justice is for our team to evaluate your case. This includes identifying who was responsible for the cause of the accident and determining the total value of your losses.
- Insurance claims – Let’s be honest—insurance claims are NEVER on your side. Profits are at the top of their priority list, which means they are not on your team! More profits require lower payouts, meaning they will certainly offer you as little as possible and much less than you deserve. Having the right representation to fight for your best interest can help ensure you get the settlement you truly deserve.
- Personal injury lawsuit – When insurance companies insist on being stubborn, our legal team knows that filing a personal injury lawsuit can help to obtain full compensation for you. We have extensive experience in of the courtroom, and if a settlement cannot be reached outside of court, you can bet that out we will do everything we can to reach a favorable settlement during litigation.
When you are in recovery from a serious injury, the peace of mind from knowing we are handling your claim can be invaluable.
Talk to Our Fort Worth Personal Injury Law Firm About Your Accident Today
If you were injured in an accident, the Fort Worth personal injury lawyers and legal professionals at Stewart J. Guss, Attorney at Law, are ready and willing to start representing you in your personal injury case today. Our law firm fully understands the many legal issues that can arise in personal injury claims, and we address each one head-on. Our lawyers only represent victims of personal injuries, and we do not advocate for big corporations, such as insurance companies. Our job is simple: help you get as much compensation as possible when someone else makes a mistake.
The legal team of Stewart J. Guss, Attorney at Law, is nationally recognized for protecting the rights of injured victims for more than 20 years. We treat our clients like family and have played hardball with insurance companies for more than 20 years in order to prove it. If you were injured in Fort Worth, call our office right now to schedule a free consultation at 800-898-4877, or contact us online today. Because we take all our personal injury cases on a contingency fee basis, you will not owe us a DIME unless we win your case. We are available 24 hours a day, seven days a week, so call us today at 800-898-4877 or contact us now by CLICKING HERE for your FREE case evaluation.
Don’t Take Chances—Let Us Help You!
See what past clients have to say:
★ ★ ★ ★ ★
“As a relatively new resident of Houston, I did not know of an attorney to contact for a personal injury suit. I randomly went through the yellow pages contacting two attorneys that had rejected my case prior to me contacting Stewart Guss. Stewart took my case on and settled for far more than I had anticipated. The silver lining of this is that I will now have enough money to go back to school for retraining, so I will be able to reenter the workforce in a new capacity. The paralegal, Angela, was kind and supportive throughout the process. If I did not understand the legal jargon, I did not hesitate to ask, and was never once made to feel that I was incompetent. Thank you Stewart and Angela for giving me a new lease on live.”
See more client testimonials here