If you suffered injuries in an Edinburg car accident, you might have the right to sue the at-fault party for money damages. The experienced attorneys at Trust Guss Injury Lawyers, want to help you fight for your rights and understand if you have a claim. If you have a viable case, we’ll help get you the money you deserve to pay for the expenses, inconveniences, and challenges you now face. Contact us to speak for free with a knowledgeable legal professional about your options.
We are a national law firm based in Houston with multiple offices around the country. In most states, we also work with affiliate law firms that share our focus and dedication to excellence. No matter where you are located, we may be able to help you, so call or contact us now. We are open, for free, 24 hours a day, seven days a week, at 800-898-4877, or you may contact us now by clicking here to submit your case for review.
Trust Guss Injury Lawyers—About Our Firm
Trust Guss Injury Lawyers, is an award-winning personal injury law firm serving clients in Edinburg and throughout Texas. A large part of our practice involves representing injured victims of car accidents. We fight relentlessly to get our clients the highest possible monetary damages for the injuries and losses they suffered when someone else’s wrongful actions caused their crash.
Clients of Trust Guss Injury Lawyers, can rest assured that they have a legal team that will do everything possible to hold the at-fault parties in their car accidents financially accountable. Our firm has secured millions of dollars on our clients’ behalf through settlements, judgments, and jury verdicts in car accident cases.
Common Causes of Motor Vehicle Accidents in Edinburg
Edinburg car accidents have numerous causes, many of which involve unreasonably dangerous conduct by someone other than the injured crash victim(s). At Trust Guss Injury Lawyers, we put our years of experience and accumulated knowledge to investigate the root causes of the car accidents that injured our clients, to figure out what happened and who should bear the blame. In many cases, we can attribute the crash to someone’s careless and reckless actions, such as those described below.
The faster someone drives, the less control they have over their vehicle and the less time to react to a road hazard. This makes speeding a common contributing factor in car accidents. According to the Texas Department of Transportation (TxDOT) Crash Records Information System (CRIS), in a recent year, speeding played a role in causing 113 crashes in Edinburg alone.
Unfortunately, speeding also has the potential to cause catastrophic and fatal injuries. As speed increases, so does the force of impact in a crash. The team at Trust Guss Injury Lawyers, works tirelessly to hold irresponsible speeding drivers accountable when their recklessness causes an accident.
Distracted driving is one of the leading causes of car accidents in the United States, and Edinburg is no exception. According to TxDOT’s CRIS database, driver distraction contributed to 112 accidents in Edinburg in a recent year.
People tend to think of distracted driving as involving cell phone use, which is certainly one form of dangerous distraction behind the wheel. But distracted driving involves virtually any activity that takes the driver’s eyes off the road, hands off the wheel, or mind off the task of driving safely, including eating, applying makeup, or tuning a radio while a vehicle is in motion. The lawyers of Trust Guss Injury Lawyers, know how to investigate your car accident to determine if distraction played a role and who should bear the blame.
Driving Under the Influence
Driving under the influence (DUI) of drugs or alcohol is illegal, but sadly that does not stop Edinburg area drivers from making the tragic and reckless decision to get behind the wheel while drunk or high. DUIs accounted for at least 69 accidents in a recent year in Edinburg, according to TxDOT.
Consuming drugs or alcohol impairs driving abilities by slowing reaction times, interfering with judgment and perception, and disrupting motor control. When drunk or drugged drivers cause accidents that harm our clients at Trust Guss Injury Lawyers, we work to make sure they pay for the harm they caused.
Many drivers do not realize it, but driving while fatigued is just as dangerous as driving under the influence of alcohol or drugs. Drowsy drivers suffer the same impairments as drunk and drugged drivers. Research indicates that one out of every three Texans gets insufficient sleep, so fatigue likely plays a role in far more Edinburg car accidents than are reported.
At Trust Guss Injury Lawyers, we know how to spot the telltale signs of a drowsy driving accident and how to get you the financial compensation a drowsy driver’s dangerous actions entitle you to receive.
Motor Vehicle Defects
Automotive manufacturers have a special obligation to produce products that are safe for the public to use. But as the steady stream of auto recalls reflects, manufacturers do not always live up to that duty. Sometimes, defects in cars and car parts put drivers and passengers in danger and cause accidents.
At Trust Guss Injury Lawyers, we have the knowledge and resources to go toe-to-toe with even the largest auto manufacturers to hold them accountable when their dangerous products cause harm.
Dangerous Roads and Intersections
Car accidents can occur anywhere in Edinburg, but certain locations seem to have an unusually high number, according to CRIS data, such as Interstate 69C and the intersection of Rogers and M Road.
Accident hot spots like these can sometimes result from dangerously flawed road designs or construction practices. Local governments can have a legal liability to victims of car accidents caused by the unreasonable failure to provide safe infrastructure for drivers.
The team at Trust Guss Injury Lawyers, has years of experience taking public entities like road agencies and municipal governments to task for failing to keep the public safe. Ask us whether the dangerous design or condition of a road or intersection contributed to the cause of your car accident in Edinburg.
Common Edinburg Car Accident Injuries
Car accidents can cause a wide variety of injuries. Over the years, clients of Trust Guss Injury Lawyers, come to us for help obtaining compensation for all sorts of traumas.
Through those cases, our team has developed a deep well of knowledge and experience in fighting for the rights of car accident victims who have suffered:
- Traumatic brain injuries (TBI)
- Spinal cord injuries (SCI)
- Broken bones, crushed limbs, and traumatic amputations
- Lacerations and abrasions
- Back injuries leading to chronic pain
- Neck and shoulder injuries, including whiplash
- Burns and other scarring injuries
- Internal trauma, such as internal organ damage or bleeding
- Facial injuries, including damage to the eyes
- Fatal injuries.
This is by no means a complete list. No matter what kind of harm you suffered in an Edinburg car accident, there’s a good chance a member of the team at Trust Guss Injury Lawyers, has successfully obtained money damages for a client with similar injuries. Connect with us today to find out how we can help you.
Who can a lawyer hold responsible for your Edinburg car accident injuries?
Under Texas law, the party at fault for causing injuries to car accident victims will generally owe money damages to those victims. At Trust Guss Injury Lawyers, one of our most important tasks for a car accident client is to examine the facts to identify every individual, business, and other parties that may owe money damages for the car accident in which our client got hurt.
Every case differs, but we often uncover evidence to prove that legal liability for the accident lies with:
- A motorist who made a careless or reckless decision behind the wheel, causing a crash;
- The employer of a motorist who caused a crash while driving a work vehicle, especially if the employer failed to maintain that vehicle in safe driving condition or failed to screen or train its employee properly;
- A bar, restaurant, liquor store, or other sellers of alcoholic beverages who violated the Texas dram shop statute by selling alcohol to someone who was obviously intoxicated or to a minor, who then got into a drunk driving accident;
- An automotive manufacturer that sold defective products that contributed to the cause of a crash;
- A municipal or state government entity that failed to design, build, or maintain safe roads, intersections, and other infrastructure, leading to an accident.
These are merely examples. Consult with the team at Trust Guss Injury Lawyers, today to learn about who may owe you money damages for the injuries and losses you suffered in an Edinburg car accident.
Potential Damages for Edinburg Car Accident Injuries
As the victim of a car accident in Edinburg, Texas law may entitle you to receive the following types of financial compensation.
Economic damages consist of out-of-pocket expenses and financial losses resulting from your car accident and the injuries you suffered in it.
They commonly include:
- Past, current, and future medical expenses for treating your car accident injuries, including hospital stays, doctor visits, emergency room care, surgeries, and prescription medications
- Lost wages due to missing work because of your injuries, including the value of vacation or sick days you had to use;
- Reduced future earnings attributable to a disability caused by your car accident that prevents you from working;
- The cost of repairing or replacing property damaged in the accident;
- The cost of paying for non-medical goods and services you need to help you heal from, adapt to, or live with your car accident injuries; and
- All other expenses that directly result from the Edinburg car accident or your injuries;
Non-economic damages consist of all the other negative impacts the accident and your injuries had or will have on your life, such as:
- The physical pain and discomfort of your injuries and treatments for them;
- Your emotional suffering and mental health challenges flowing from the accident and your injuries;
- Your diminished quality of life, including the frustrations, inconveniences, and day-to-day struggles caused by your injuries;
- The challenge of living with scars or disfiguring injuries; and
- The harm to the quality or intimacy of your personal relationships.
How can Trust Guss Injury Lawyers help you?
At Trust Guss Injury Lawyers, we understand that no amount of compensation will ever erase the suffering, pain, and expense you have had to endure after getting hurt in an Edinburg car accident. But we also know that obtaining fair compensation for your injuries and losses can help you heal and rebuild after your trauma.
That is why our firm puts our client's interests first in everything we do
Our team has the skill, experience, and resources to:
- Investigate your Edinburg car accident in detail to determine how it happened, who should bear the blame, and what rights you have for pursuing compensation.
- Answer your questions and explain your options in plain English (or Español);
- Locate and obtain evidence favorable to your car accident claim.
- Work with experts, such as doctors, financial planners, and forensic scientists to support your case.
- Negotiate a settlement of your claim and advise you about when and whether to accept a settlement offer.
- Present your case to a judge and jury at a trial in a Hidalgo County court.
- Take the steps necessary to collect money due to you under a settlement, judgment, or jury award.
Contact an Edinburg Car Accident Lawyer Today
As the victim of an Edinburg car accident, you may have potentially valuable legal rights to financial compensation. But you may need to act quickly to make the most of them. The sooner you have a skilled Edinburg car accident lawyer fighting for you, the better your chances of getting every penny you deserve to help you pay for your care and rebuild your life.
The legal team of Trust Guss Injury Lawyers, is nationally recognized for protecting the rights of injured victims for more than 20 years. Our award-winning lawyers and legal professionals want to help you secure money damages for your injuries and losses.
If any car accident in Edinburg injured you, call our office right now for your free consultation with a member of our team! Because we take all of our car accident cases on a contingency fee basis, you will not owe us a dime unless we win your case. We are available 24 hours a day, seven days a week, so call us today at 800-898-4877 or contact us now by clicking here.
See what past clients have to say:
★ ★ ★ ★ ★
"We received QUALITY service, reliable guidance and we are VERY satisfied with the outcome. Our treatment was both fair & honest; we highly recommend. If one word sums it up, the word would be Exceptional. “Thank you” for all you did!”