Cypress, Texas is known for its beautiful, clean environment and small-town vibe. The city’s spacious properties and strong focus on education make it a top choice for families seeking to settle close to Houston. But despite offering an idyllic lifestyle, Cypress residents are not immune to accidents and injuries. If you are injured at work, on the road, or any other place in Harris County, a Cypress personal injury lawyer with Stewart J. Guss, Injury Accident Lawyers can provide legal guidance and help you seek compensation for your injuries.
We are a national law firm based in Houston with multiple offices around the country. We also work with affiliate law firms in most states that share our focus and dedication to excellence. No matter where you are located, we may be able to help you, so call or contact us now. We are open, for free, 24 hours a day, seven days a week, at 800-898-4877, or you may contact us now by clicking here to submit your case for review.
Accidents In Cypress by the Numbers
Cypress, in Harris County, sees its fair shares of traffic accidents, and the statistics illustrate this fact. There were close to 113,000 crashes in Harris County in one year, and of these, 427 crashes were fatal, causing 447 total fatalities. Finally, there were more than 2,200 suspected serious injuries stemming from these accidents. That’s a lot of accidents and injuries. Suffice to say that if you’re in the Cypress area, an accident could happen to you.
A Legal Team Delivering Top Results
Texas is home to over 90,000 lawyers. But very few are lawyers with decades of personal injury experience and a five-star rating. For over 20 years, residents across the Lone Star State have turned to Stewart J. Guss, Injury Accident Lawyers for legal support. Our legal team works around the clock with offices conveniently located across Texas to help clients receive compensation for their injuries.
Below are some reasons why we are the go-to personal injury firm in Cypress:
- Exceptional Results: Our firm is known for securing maximum compensation for our clients’ injuries.
- A Talented Legal Team: Our talented team is committed to providing outstanding legal support.
- Accessible and Responsive: Clients can reach us 24/7 by phone, live chat, or our online inquiry system.
- A Winning Record with Personal Injury Cases: Our lawyers are not generalists; they specialize in personal injury law to deliver top results.
- Convenient Locations Near Cypress: We have six offices across Texas, including three located within a 30-mile radius of Cypress.
In addition to these benefits, we are dedicated to ensuring you have the very best experience possible as you work with our team. The American Institute of Personal Injury Attorneys (AIOPIA) recently recognized our strong focus on creating a positive experience and named us a Top 10 provider of client satisfaction. While we guarantee no results, contact us today to see how we can help you in your case.
Providing Legal Support for a Wide Range of Personal Injury Accidents
Many types of personal injury accidents unfold in Cypress. If you sustain an injury in an accident, you will soon face a mounting stack of medical bills—even if the accident was not your fault. Even worse, you may have difficulty performing your job duties to pay your bills and expenses.
Stewart J. Guss, Injury Accident Lawyers work to help accident victims receive damages to cover their expenses. We can evaluate your case to see whether someone else’s negligence caused your injury. Then, we can build an organized case on your behalf to secure the compensation you deserve. Below are some common types of personal injury accidents we cover.
#1. Car Accidents
According to data from the Texas Department of Transportation, more than 20 percent of Texas car crashes occur in Cypress. Stewart J. Guss, Injury Accident Lawyers help Texans receive compensation for virtually every type of car accident on the road.
Here are some of the most common types of car accident cases we handle:
- Head-On Collisions: This type of crash occurs when a driver weaves across the double yellow line or drives the wrong way on a one-way street.
- Rear-End Collisions: Rear-end crashes may unfold when a driver is speeding, distracted, or following another driver too closely.
- Side-Impact Collisions: Also known as T-bone crashes, a side-impact collision may occur when one car speeds to beat a light.
- Single Vehicle Accidents: When a driver hits a stationary object like a telephone pole, tree, building, or guardrail, it is called a single-vehicle crash.
- Chain Reaction Collisions: This type of crash involves three or more vehicles. It occurs when a single collision causes other vehicles to collide.
- Rollover Accidents: A rollover accident may occur when a driver strikes a curb or other low obstacle or overcorrects after weaving.
Car accidents cause a wide variety of injuries ranging from minor to life-threatening. If a car accident injured you, you need prompt medical care. After you seek medical help and call the police, it is a good idea to reach out to one of our Cypress car accident attorneys for legal guidance. Our lawyers can listen to the details of your case and guide you on the next steps you should take. Most important, we can help you recover the maximum damages for your injuries and losses.
#2. Drunk Driving Accidents
Texas ranks among the fourth-worst state for drunk driving. With the number of deaths from drunk driving approaching 1,000 in Texas, the state’s “Drive Sober. No Regrets” Impaired Driving Campaign is in full swing. But despite a host of anti-drunk-driving initiatives, drunk driving accidents continue to occur every day.
Injuries caused by drunk driving accidents mirror other car accident injuries and may include:
- Head injuries
- Broken bones
- Spinal cord injuries
- Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD)
If a drunk driving accident injured you, we could help you. Texas deems a person legally intoxicated if they have a blood alcohol concentration (BAC) of 0.08 percent. So, in addition to reviewing the results of the other driver’s required Breathalyzer test, we would screen for any other driving violations. We may also interview witnesses if we discover a local bar overserved the driver. Whether liability falls with a bar owner or the driver alone, we can fight to help you secure compensation for your injuries.
#3. Slip and Fall Accidents
Slip and fall may not sound very threatening. In reality, falls are the leading cause of death among senior citizens and account for over 8 million emergency room visits by adults and children. Slips, trips, and falls can cause serious injuries such as broken bones, fractures, and head injuries. They are the leading cause of occupational injury among adults 55 and older, and are the most common cause of missed days from work.
Here are some common causes of slip and fall accidents that may occur in Cypress:
- Wet Floors: Wet floors in warehouses, malls, stores, and other establishments can cause people to slip and fall.
- Loose Floorboards: Insufficient floor maintenance can lead to loosening floorboards, which can migrate upward and cause tripping.
- Power Cords and Wires: Poorly positioned power cords and stray wires can catch a person’s foot and cause tripping.
- Missing Railings: Navigating hallways, stairwells, and mezzanines without railings can cause a person to lose their balance and fall.
- Excessive Wax or Floor Cleaners: Using too much floor cleaner or failing to absorb excess wax can make a floor slippery and hazardous.
- Insufficient lighting: Poor lighting may prohibit people from seeing steps, objects, and moisture on floors.
If someone else’s negligence caused a slip, trip, or fall injury, you may receive compensation for your injuries. Our slip and fall lawyers are highly skilled at proving negligence and can help gather the appropriate evidence to support your case. Most important, we can fight for compensation for your injuries and any income loss that resulted from your accident.
#4. Premises Liability Accidents
Sometimes injuries occur during an accident on another person’s land or property. Defective or dangerous properties cause these accidents. Examples include injuries from a neighbor’s deck collapsing or a laceration due to a dog bite.
Premises liability accidents can occur in a wide variety of locations, including:
- The Home of a Friend or Neighbor
- Public Swimming Pools
- Local Malls
- Grocery Stores
If you sustain an injury on someone else’s property, take photos and document what transpired as soon as you can. Then, send your notes and photos to your lawyer to lend further credibility to your case. If you need a premises liability lawyer, Stewart J. Guss, Injury Accident Lawyers is here to take your call.
#5. Nursing Home Accidents
There are over 100 nursing homes in the Cypress area. Most residents are senior citizens who are partially or fully dependent on staff for care. While most residents live each day without incident, some seniors sustain injuries while in the care of nursing home staff. The Center for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) notes that these injuries may result from intentional abuse while other injuries develop due to a nursing home’s neglect or failure to provide proper care.
Here are some of the most common injuries seen in nursing home residents:
- Broken bones, bruises, and lacerations due to falls
- Bedsores that develop when staff neglects a resident for extended periods
- Dehydration due to a lack of fluids
- Severe weight loss due to malnourishment
- Infections such as MRSA, urinary tract infections, and skin infections
If you have a friend or loved one in a nursing home who suddenly develops unexplained injuries, you may wonder if they are due to negligence on the part of staff or administration. Sharing your concerns with a personal injury lawyer is wise because an attorney can guide you through the steps you should take to address the injuries. A lawyer can also examine the circumstances surrounding the injuries to determine whether your loved one may be eligible for damages.
We’ll Fully Assess Your Damages
To recover for your damages, you need a calculation of the total value of your past and future losses. Such calculations are often complicated and may include:
- Financial Damages – If you’ve been injured, you’re going to suffer financial damages. These can range from the medical expenses that you’ll no doubt incur to your lost hours and wages on the job. If your injuries are serious, your medical expenses can be immense and you could even suffer from an altered career trajectory and diminished earning potential into your future. All told, the total damages are likely to be significant.
- Physical Damages – An injury inherently means that you’ve suffered physical harm. Sometimes injuries don’t heal well, and further complications ensue. Finally, some injuries, like traumatic brain injuries and spinal cord injuries, can have long-lasting consequences. Some are even permanently debilitating. You deserve damages for your physical pain and suffering.
- Emotional Damages – Along with financial and physical harm comes the less easy to calculate but just as real emotional harm. Due to injuries, you’re very likely to experience some significant negative emotional consequences that can be extremely difficult to overcome. Never discount the significance of these emotional damages.
We Deliver Maximum Results to Satisfied Clients in Cypress, Texas
No two personal injury cases are exactly alike. Whether you sustained a broken leg during a slip and fall accident or are suffering from PTSD after a car crash, you deserve to work with an experienced lawyer who will give your case sustained and personalized attention.
With a team of over 50 professionals, Stewart J. Guss, Injury Accident Lawyers has the resources to help ensure your case receives individual attention. But we also value consistency in some key areas—especially with case results and client satisfaction
When you work with an award-winning personal injury law firm like ours, there are three things our clients can count on:
- Your odds of receiving the maximum settlement are high. This means you can cover your medical bills and other mounting expenses.
- Most personal injury cases settle out of court. This minimizes stress for our clients while they receive the highest possible recovery.
- Client satisfaction is a top priority. In fact, Stewart J. Guss, Injury Accident Lawyers ranks among AIOPIA’s Top 10 lawyers for client satisfaction in Texas.
What to Expect When You Hire a Cypress Personal Injury Lawyer
With a focus on high compensation, settling out of court, and maximizing client satisfaction, our legal team always welcomes the opportunity to handle a new personal injury case. As you consider hiring Stewart J. Guss, Injury Accident Lawyers to handle your case, you may wonder what you can expect if you choose to work with us. Here is a look at the key phases in a typical personal injury case.
#1. An Accident Leads to Your Injury
Accidents are unpredictable and may occur at any time in any location. Because accidents are nearly impossible to predict, it is natural to experience shock and feelings of helplessness when an accident unfolds.
Here are some common locations where accidents may occur:
- At Work: Slip and fall accidents, back injuries, and muscle strains are examples of injuries that may occur in the workplace.
- On the Road: Car, truck, and motorcycle crashes injure roughly 3 million Americans every year.
- At Someone’s Home: Slips, falls, and dog bites are examples of injuries that frequently take place at a person’s home.
- In a Public Place: Slips and falls often lead to injuries in malls, stores, government facilities, and other public locations.
If your injury is serious, call for help right away. Unless you are in imminent danger, it is wise to stay put until the paramedics and police arrive. While you wait for the authorities to arrive, try to remain calm. If possible, secure the contact details and insurance information for the other parties involved in your accident. It is also wise to take some photos of your injuries and the accident scene, as they could prove to be helpful to your case moving forward.
#2. Complete Your Medical Treatment
Depending on the severity of your injuries, you may require inpatient hospital care for one or more days. If your injuries are critical or life-threatening, your hospital stay could be longer.
Here are some examples of injuries that may require surgery, extensive inpatient treatment, or long-term care:
- Traumatic brain injuries
- Spinal cord injuries
- Injuries to internal organs
- Severed limbs, fingers, or toes
Regardless of the type of injuries that require treatment, you must complete the course of care recommended by your medical treatment team. This may include inpatient treatment, outpatient care, rehabilitation, occupational therapy, and mental health counseling.
As you progress with your medical treatment, remaining vigilant and avoiding agreeing to any premature or lowball insurance settlements is essential. Also, be on the lookout for representatives of insurance companies who may try to convince you to agree to a settlement that is far below the amount you deserve. If this happens, politely refuse the settlement and reach out to a personal injury lawyer right away.
#3. Call for Your Complimentary Case Evaluation With Our Cypress Personal Injury Lawyers
With your medical care safely underway, you may notice your medical bills starting to mount. At the same time, you may reflect on your accident and remember the circumstances that contributed to your accident. For instance, you may remember the oncoming vehicle that struck you only had one operational headlight. Or you may remember smelling alcohol on the breath of one of the drivers involved in your chain-reaction accident.
As the details of your accident become more apparent, it is a good time to schedule a complimentary case evaluation with one of our personal injury lawyers.
During your consultation, you can expect:
- Tell your story: Describe what happened before you were injured and share any photos or notes you took at the scene.
- Analyze your case: Our legal team will determine whether you have a good case and if you could be eligible for compensation.
- Outline how we receive payment: We will cover how we work on a contingency fee basis, so you never need to pay up-front attorney’s fees.
- Sign an agreement: If you wish to hire our firm, simply provide your signature, and your lawyer will take you through the next steps.
#4. Begin Negotiations for Your Maximum Settlement
Once you hire us to handle your personal injury case, we will organize all relevant evidence and outline why the other party should be held liable for your injuries. Negotiations could continue for weeks or months, depending on how stubborn the opposing lawyers and insurance companies are. Your lawyer may negotiate over the phone, in writing, and through face-to-face discussions to maximize your compensation.
#5. Sign Your Settlement Agreement
If your lawyer’s negotiations are successful, then you and all parties involved will receive a settlement agreement to sign. If the opposing party is uncooperative or resistant, your lawyer may opt to file a personal injury lawsuit or even proceed to civil court if necessary. While this type of outcome is rare, you can rest assured that Stewart J. Guss, Injury Accident Lawyers will continue to fight for the compensation you deserve.
Finally, make sure to review any settlement agreement in detail with your lawyer before you sign it, as it will absolve the other parties involved from any further responsibility in your case. Once you sign your agreement, you can expect to receive your settlement in approximately four to eight weeks.
Cypress Personal Injury Lawyer FAQ
Q: What are the benefits of hiring a personal injury lawyer?
A: By hiring a Cypress personal injury lawyer, you significantly boost the odds of a favorable outcome in your case. From the minute you agree for our lawyers to represent you, you can enjoy peace of mind knowing you took a step closer to receiving the compensation you deserve.
Here are some other advantages of hiring a personal injury lawyer:
- Receive ongoing guidance: We will provide support throughout the legal process so you can focus on recovering from your injuries.
- Build a well-organized case: We will build a compelling case for you, from gathering photographic evidence to securing witness testimony.
- Benefit from superb negotiation skills: Our personal injury lawyers will put their top-notch negotiation skills to work for you.
- Say goodbye to intimidation tactics: A lawyer will stop insurance companies from pressuring you with threats and lowball settlements.
- Keep your case on schedule: With a lawyer overseeing your case, you will not have to worry about missing critical deadlines.
To learn about the many other reasons why Cypress residents turn to Stewart J. Guss, Injury Accident Lawyers to handle their personal injury cases, we invite you to schedule a free case evaluation. We want you to feel as comfortable as possible with our team and welcome your questions.
Q: How much does it cost to hire a personal injury lawyer in Cypress?
A: There are no up-front costs to pay when you sign an agreement with one of our personal injury lawyers. We take new clients on a contingency fee basis. This means you never have to experience the stress of coming up with a retainer fee or advance payment.
Here is a look at how the contingency fee process works before, during, and after your case:
- Before Your Case: You sign an agreement with one of our personal injury attorneys. There are no fees or payments charged.
- During Your Case: Your lawyer could cover the cost of relevant expenses while your case is underway.
- After Your Case: After your case is decided and a settlement is issued, your lawyer will receive a percentage of your settlement.
If no settlement is issued, then your lawyer will not receive payment. With this type of arrangement, your attorney is incentivized to work as hard as possible to generate the best possible outcome in your case. The better the outcome of your case, the more you and your lawyer both stand to gain.
Q: Am I required to have a lawyer to move forward with my case?
A: No. However, your odds of winning your case or receiving a favorable settlement are lower without a lawyer. Some people decide to handle their own cases because they worry they cannot afford to hire a lawyer. Unfortunately, they often end up sabotaging their cases by representing themselves.
Below are some reasons why you are much better off hiring a personal injury lawyer than trying to seek compensation on your own.
- You lack the skill and experience to win a personal injury case. Negotiating with insurance agents and lawyers will not be easy.
- You may not be able to afford the costs associated with your case, especially if your injuries prevent you from working or earning money.
- You may have a hard time collecting evidence. Doctors, police officers, and witnesses are less likely to respond to you than a lawyer.
Two other points to consider are your health and your time. If you are still recovering from your injuries, you may not be physically able to build a comprehensive and compelling case. And if you just returned to your full-time job, you may not have time to prepare for your case. Stewart J. Guss, Injury Accident Lawyers, and his team of accomplished lawyers devote their professional lives to helping injured Texans receive compensation for damages. Our team works day and night on our clients’ cases so they can focus on rebuilding their health and career.
Q: How can I be sure if I have a good case?
A: A skilled personal injury lawyer will be able to determine whether you have a good case. If you are not an experienced lawyer, you may merely be speculating about whether you have a solid case. If you have an optimistic bias, you could waste weeks or months chasing a highly unlikely outcome. On the other hand, if you incorrectly assume you do not have a good case, you could erase an excellent chance of securing the compensation you deserve.
Both of the scenarios above are costly and unpleasant. Fortunately, you can avoid them both by hiring a lawyer who will carefully review your case and advise whether you should move forward with legal proceedings.
Q: How do I hire a personal injury lawyer in Cypress?
A: At Stewart J. Guss, Injury Accident Lawyers, we make it easy for you to receive the legal support you need right away. Within a matter of minutes, you will be three steps closer to compensation for your injuries.
Hiring one of our personal injury lawyers is as easy as one, two, three:
- Step One: Contact us.
- Step Two: Get your complimentary case evaluation. We will listen to your story to see if you can seek compensation.
- Step Three: Sign an agreement. Remember, you will not need to pay upfront. We can cover case-related expenses for you.
Simply choose the most convenient contact method for you and reach out to us.
The legal team of Stewart J. Guss, Injury Accident Lawyers, is nationally recognized for protecting the rights of injured victims for more than 20 years. If you were injured in an accident in Cypress, call our office right now for a free consultation! Because we take all of our personal injury cases on a contingency fee basis, you will not owe us a dime unless we win your case. We are available 24 hours a day, seven days a week, so call us today at 800-898-4877 or contact us now by clicking here.
We encourage you to reach out to our legal team today and put yourself on the path to the compensation you deserve. We look forward to serving as your trusted personal injury lawyer.
Don’t Take Chances – Let Us Help You!
See what past clients have to say:
★ ★ ★ ★ ★
“As a relatively new resident of Houston, I did not know of an attorney to contact for a personal injury suit I randomly went through the yellow pages contacting two attorneys that had rejected my case prior to contacting me Stewart Guss Stewart took my case I have anticipated that the silver lining of this is that I will now have enough money to go back to school for retraining, I will be able to reenter the workforce in a new capacity. It was kind and supportive throughout the process. If I did not understand the legal jargon, I did not hesitate to ask, and it was never made to feel that I was incompetent. . “
See more client testimonials here
Since starting his firm in 1999, Stewart J. Guss has had the honor of representing clients from all over the world, helping them recover from even the most catastrophic injuries.
Today, thanks to a strong belief in those values of compassion, respect, and approachability, the firm has grown to employ over 120 legal professionals in numerous offices across 4 states, with nationwide reach.