You may not realize how much you rely on the people around you to help you avoid serious injury until disaster strikes. One moment, everything seems to go along just fine. Next, you may end up with severe injuries due to the extreme negligence of another party.
Your medical bills may mount fast. You may have immense financial losses that you have to take into consideration. Worse, you may have substantial losses in your personal life, from your ability to engage in the activities you once loved to your overall independence.
At Stewart J. Guss, Injury Accident Lawyers, our Beaumont personal injury attorneys understand the many frustrations that may accompany those severe injuries, especially when someone else’s negligence causes those disasters. We aim to help our clients recover compensation for those devastating injuries, which can provide them with the funds they may need to help rebuild their lives.
We are a national law firm based in Texas with multiple offices around the country. We also work with affiliate law firms in most states that share our focus and dedication to excellence. No matter where you are located, we may be able to help you, so call or contact us now. We are open, for free, 24 hours a day, seven days a week, at 800-898-4877, or you may contact us now by clicking here to submit your case for review.
Personal Injury Guide
- Serious Injuries in Beaumont? Stewart J. Guss, Injury Accident Lawyers Can Help
- Expected Compensation After an Accident in Beaumont
- Beaumont Personal Injury Claims: Essential Information
- Fighting the Insurance Company After a Beaumont Accident
- What to Do After a Beaumont Accident
- Do You Need a Beaumont Personal Injury Lawyer?
Serious Injuries in Beaumont? Stewart J. Guss, Injury Accident Lawyers Can Help
Did you end up with serious injuries due to the negligence of another party? You need a law firm that will fight aggressively to help you maximize the compensation you can recover. At Stewart J. Guss, Injury Accident Lawyers, we offer our clients the legal representation they need to tackle tough personal injury claims and cases.
We Put Our Clients First
After a serious injury, you may feel your injuries and needs get shuffled into the background. The insurance company seems bent on decreasing the compensation it has to pay out as much as possible, and in the meantime, you do not have the funds you need to help cover the ongoing cost of medical care and your other bills.
At Stewart J. Guss, Injury Accident Lawyers, we ensure our clients know we put their needs and priorities first at every stage of the claim process.
We Make Ourselves Available
Dealing with serious injuries can feel incredibly traumatic. Not only can you end up with many questions, but you may also struggle to get into a law office. At Stewart J. Guss, Injury Accident Lawyers, we aim to make it as easy as possible to get in touch with us. We offer 24/7 availability. Furthermore, if you cannot come into the office, we can offer a virtual consultation or, if necessary, come to you.
We Fight Relentlessly for You
After a serious accident, you deserve someone who will fight on your side to help you get the compensation you deserve. The insurance company may seem set to fight against you. At Stewart J. Guss, Injury Accident Lawyers, on the other hand, we fight aggressively to help our clients maximize the compensation they can recover.
Expected Compensation After an Accident in Beaumont
The compensation you can recover after a Beaumont accident can depend on:
- Who caused your accident? In most injury claims, you may seek compensation through an insurance company that covers the liable party.
- How much compensation does the insurance policy offer? Some insurance policies may have strict limits that dictate what compensation you can recover. Furthermore, some insurance companies may fight hard to reduce the compensation they must pay after an accident.
- Do you have a lawyer on your side? Choosing a lawyer to help with your injury claim can go a long way toward increasing the compensation you may recover for those injuries.
After we look at the circumstances related to the accident, we help our clients take a look at their damages and losses.
What injuries did you sustain in your Beaumont accident, and what medical costs did you sustain as a result?
Your medical costs will often serve to drive your injury claim. In many cases, you may have substantial medical care needs after a devastating accident. The more medical care you require, the higher those expenses may grow.
Did you have to miss work because of your accident and injuries? How much of your income did you lose?
Often, lost time at work can prove devastating after a serious accident. Talk to Stewart J. Guss, Injury Accident Lawyers to get a better idea of what compensation you can claim for your income losses. If you permanently lost the ability to work because of your accident, you may also have the right to claim compensation for your lost earning potential.
What suffering did you face because of your accident?
Many injury claims will also offer compensation for the pain and suffering you may have faced because of your accident. Did you suffer an immense loss of independence? Did you have to miss out on your favorite activities or pre-planned events?
At Stewart J. Guss, Injury Accident Lawyers, we want to include those losses as part of your claim whenever we can.
Beaumont Personal Injury Claims: Essential Information
According to Texas law, you will need to file an injury claim within two years of the date of the accident, unless an exception exists that can help extend the statute of limitations and give you more time.
Common Causes of Injuries in Beaumont: When Should You File a Claim?
Serious injuries can occur in several scenarios.
However, common causes of personal injury claims in Beaumont may include:
- Auto accidents
- Construction accidents
- Premises liability accidents, including slip and fall accidents
Any time you suffer injuries due to the negligence of another party, get in touch with an experienced lawyer like Stewart J. Guss, Injury Accident Lawyers as soon as possible.
Fighting the Insurance Company After a Beaumont Accident
Most injury claims will involve a claim against an insurance policy. After a car accident, for example, you might have to deal with the liable driver’s car insurance company, while after a premises liability accident, you might end up dealing with a property insurance policy. Insurance policies might seem to exist to help provide essential compensation for those injuries and damages. But in many cases, you may find yourself fighting with the insurance company regarding your right to compensation.
The insurance company might refuse to accept liability for the accident, pressure you to accept a low settlement that does not even really seem to reflect your needs, or simply refuse to accept the full extent of the damages you sustained in the accident. As a result, you may end up struggling to get the compensation you really deserve.
Having a lawyer on your side may prove critical as you pursue that essential compensation. Stewart J. Guss, Injury Accident Lawyers has substantial experience dealing with insurance companies of many types. We can help you fight for the compensation you deserve.
What to Do After a Beaumont Accident
You suffered injuries in a Beaumont accident. You know you need to pursue compensation for your injuries, but you might not know how. At first, you may need to prioritize your medical needs.
However, even immediately after your accident, you may need to do several things that can help increase the odds that you will recover the compensation you deserve for those injuries.
- Look over any accident report from your accident and make sure it contains accurate information. If it has anything missing, you may need to help fill it in.
- Talk to a lawyer as soon as you can. The insurance company may try to catch you off-guard or take advantage of you, especially right after your accident, before you can consider the full extent of your damages. A lawyer can help make sure you continue to track your needs.
- Follow your medical care provider’s instructions, from the procedures you may need to the activities you should avoid. In many cases, failure to follow those directions can interfere with your recovery, and it may make it harder for you to get compensation.
- Keep track of your bills. Document your medical expenses so you can clearly display them for your claim.
Are you ready to get started with your claim? Need more help answering essential questions? Stewart J. Guss, Injury Accident Lawyers can help.
How do I know who bears liability for my accident in Beaumont?
Determining who bears liability for your accident can prove critical, since it can have a huge bearing on your ability to recover the compensation you deserve for those injuries.
At Stewart J. Guss, Injury Accident Lawyers, we answer several key questions that may influence liability in your accident.
- Who bore a duty of care to you at the time of the accident? A duty of care includes any responsibility or duty to another party. For example, drivers on the road automatically have a duty of care to anyone else who shares the road with them, and property owners may bear a duty of care to anyone who visits that property.
- Who violated that duty of care? We will take a look at any acts of negligence that may have contributed to your accident, from a speeding or distracted driver to a property owner that failed to exercise basic, necessary precautions in taking care of the property and preventing injury to visitors.
- How did that negligence contribute to your accident? To establish that you have grounds for an injury claim, you must show that the negligence led to or caused your accident.
In addition, you will need to clearly show that you sustained injuries due to the accident. If you did not sustain injuries or damages in the accident, you may not have the right to file an injury claim.
What should I do about my medical bills after a Beaumont accident?
After any type of injury, you may worry about the cost of medical treatment. While Baptist Hospitals of Southeast Texas may offer comprehensive medical care, you may end up with significant medical costs that go along with that treatment. The party that caused your accident will not, in general, have to pay your medical bills directly. However, you can file an injury claim that will provide you with some of the funds you may need to cover the cost of that medical treatment.
When do I need a lawyer to help with a Beaumont injury claim?
Injury claims may prove more complicated than you expect, especially if you try to handle the claim on your own. By working with an attorney, you can experience several advantages that may help streamline your claim and make it easier for you to get the full compensation you may deserve.
You may need a lawyer if:
- The insurance company issues you an insultingly low settlement offer (or, in reality, any settlement offer that does not seem to fit your needs)
- The insurance company or liable party denies liability for your injuries
- The insurance company denies the extent of your injuries
- You end up having to fight to get the insurance company to get back in touch with you or to acknowledge your needs
- You have questions about the compensation you may deserve
Talk to a lawyer as soon after your Beaumont accident as possible to get more information about your right to compensation.
Do You Need a Beaumont Personal Injury Lawyer?
Any time you suffer injuries due to another party’s negligence, you may find yourself in a pitched battle with the insurance company and struggling to get the support you need and deserve. At Stewart J. Guss, Injury Accident Lawyers, we provide our clients with the comprehensive support they need to fight those battles and increase their ability to recover the compensation they deserve.
The legal team of Stewart J. Guss, Injury Accident Lawyers, is nationally recognized for protecting the rights of injured victims for more than 20 years. If an accident injured you in Beaumont, call our office right now for a free consultation! Because we take all of our personal injury cases on a contingency fee basis, you will not owe us a dime unless we win your case. We are available 24 hours a day, seven days a week, so call us today at 800-898-4877 or contact us now by clicking here to discuss your right to compensation.