Motorcycle accidents are some of the most fatal crashes on our roads. Bike riders tend to incur serious injuries, regardless of who was at fault, since they are always exposed.
Our Shreveport motorcycle accident attorneys and legal professionals at Stewart J. Guss Personal Injury Attorneys can help if you or a loved one has gotten hurt during such an accident. Our primary responsibility is to assist you in getting the compensation you deserve.
We are a national law firm with multiple offices around the country, including Louisiana. We also work with affiliate law firms in most states that share our focus and dedication to excellence. No matter where you are located, we may be able to help you, so call or contact us now. We are open, for free, 24 hours a day, seven days a week, at 800-898-4877, or you may contact us now by clicking here to submit your case for review.
Shreveport Motorcycle Accident Guide
- Trust Guss To Get You Results!
- Why Choose Stewart J. Guss Personal Injury Attorneys
- The Role of a Motorcycle Accident Attorney in Shreveport, Louisiana
- Why Are Motorcycle Claims in Louisiana Complicated?
- What You Have to Know About Proving Liability In Shreveport Motorcycle Accidents
- Common Causes of Motorcycle Accidents In Louisiana
- Injuries Sustained in Motorcycle Accidents in Louisiana
- Compensation in a Motorcycle Accident Claim in Shreveport
- What to Do After a Motorcycle Crash in Shreveport
- Our Shreveport Motorcycle Accident Law Firm Can Help You
Trust Guss To
Get You Results!
HANDLING PERSONAL INJURY CLAIMS NATIONWIDE FOR 20+ YEARS.
Why Choose Stewart J. Guss Personal Injury Attorneys
Our experienced motorcycle accident attorneys have plenty of experience in handling cases involving motorbike accidents. Apart from helping you fight for your rights, our lawyers can be with you each step of the way. We have worked with numerous motorcyclists who were involved in these crashes in the past and are confident about giving you strong representation.
Our law firm can compel the liable party to compensate you for your pain and suffering. Part of this work includes soliciting an amount that can fully cover your injuries, property damages, and other losses triggered by the collision. Do not hesitate to call our Louisiana office today for a free case evaluation.
The Role of a Motorcycle Accident Attorney in Shreveport, Louisiana
Your top priority should be getting better after sustaining injuries in a bike crash. Immediately you start feeling well, speak with a Shreveport personal injury attorney. They will help you understand your rights and establish a course of action.
Since motorbike riders are always exposed, their vulnerability during collisions is high, with most cases leaving them with serious injuries. If you or a loved one have suffered injuries from a motorcycle accident in Louisiana, you can present a personal injury claim against the liable party.
Discussing the details of your case with an attorney from Stewart J. Guss, Injury Accident Lawyer, can help you know the kind of compensation you could get.
What Will Our Motorcycle Accident Lawyers Do for You?
After presenting your case to us, our attorneys investigate your accident independently. The inquiry helps determine liability and figure out a sufficient compensation amount. If the other parties fail to agree to a settlement, our attorneys will represent you in a civil court and fight for your compensation.
Our motorcycle accident lawyers can:
- Answer your questions. After a collision, you may feel overwhelmed and unsure about what to do next. Our attorneys can be by your side to guide and advise you. It would be best if you raised your questions or concerns early on.
- Investigate your Shreveport motorcycle accident crash. An investigation is important because there are times when more than one party could have caused the accident. Your attorney can step in and conduct an independent inquiry to know who should pay compensation.
- Calculate compensation. Hospitalization, tests, surgeries, transportation, doctor visits, and rehabilitation, among other medical bills, can cause a financial burden. Your motorcycle accident lawyer can calculate your total compensation, considering your pain and suffering.
- Negotiate with insurance companies. Insurers always look for loopholes to avoid paying an accident victim. They could also use manipulation tactics to make you accept a lesser amount. Your motorcycle accident attorney can ensure you avoid falling for such tricks and can help you get the full amount you deserve.
- Represent you. Sometimes, agreeing on a settlement with an insurance company could be impossible. In such cases, your lawyer can proceed with your case to court and fight for you to get the maximum possible amount.
Why Are Motorcycle Claims in Louisiana Complicated?
Because you probably suffered severe injuries—motorcyclists are 29 times more likely to die during a collision than car passengers—recovering substantial compensation could take plenty of time. Your past, present, and future expenses and recovery rate all come into play. These make it even more complicated to resolve your legal claim. Our skilled motorcycle accident lawyers can help you navigate the contested process.
Most insurance companies also tend to avoid liability by claiming you were at fault during the accident. Our experienced personal injury attorneys know all these organizations' manipulative tactics and will relentlessly fight for you.
What You Have to Know About Proving Liability In Shreveport Motorcycle Accidents
You can only receive compensation after a motorcycle crash in Louisiana if you can prove the other party caused the accident. Numerous actions could have triggered the accident, from a driver failing to stop at a red light to speeding, among other traffic violations.
Our attorneys can engage the services of an accident reconstructionist in a bid to make your case stronger. The professional can recreate the events leading up to the accident and show how it was the other party's fault.
The period after a motorcycle collision can be difficult, and having the support and guidance of an attorney is a huge advantage. Our team of motorcycle accident lawyers can investigate your case comprehensively, gather essential evidence, and present a strong case for you.
Common Causes of Motorcycle Accidents In Louisiana
About 133,600 people in Louisiana are registered motorbike owners. However, numerous other bikers are on our state's roads every day, including those passing through and visiting from out of town.
Some of the leading causes of motorcycle accidents in Louisiana include:
- Drunk driving. Driving while intoxicated or high (DWI/DUI) is a grave offense in Louisiana. A drunk driver endangers everyone on the road. They are likelier to speed and make sudden turns without caring about others.
- Distracted driving. Bikes are smaller than vehicles, making them hard to see on the road. Therefore, a distracted driver using their phone or talking to another person in the car has a higher chance of crashing into a motorcyclist.
- Traffic violations. Yielding rules, lane-changing procedures, and speed limit changes are some rules that all drivers must obey when out on the road. When drivers violate traffic rules, they can crash into other vehicles or motorcyclists.
- Aggressive driving. Road rage is a common issue in our state and nationwide. A frustrated or angry driver is likely to have little concern for other road users and can easily cause a crash.
- Road hazards. Poor road conditions are hazardous to all road users, particularly drivers and motorcyclists. Such hazards include things such as large cracks, potholes, and gravel.
- Defective car parts. Sometimes, the blame for an accident may not lie with the driver but the motorcycle's manufacturer or those who made its spare parts. When your bike has a defective part, it is easy to lose control and cause a catastrophic crash.
Each motorcycle accident is unique, and there can be different at-fault parties. You need to know who caused the crash and begin holding them responsible for your losses. However, this is easier said than done.
First, drivers will often try to pin the blame on "irresponsible" motorcyclists. There are also occasions when you must go after government agencies that failed to maintain roads well or manufacturers of defective parts.
Part of our work is establishing the liable party in every case. We can go after individual drivers or big companies and their insurers. No one can intimidate us in our pursuit of justice for our clients. Contact us today and watch us take them on!
Injuries Sustained in Motorcycle Accidents in Louisiana
Motorcyclists often have minimal protection when on the road and are often thrown from their bikes during crashes. As a result, their injuries could require weeks, months, or even years to heal. Below are common motorcycle accident injuries.
Face and Head Injuries
When you land on the ground face-first, you could get serious face, head, and neck injuries, even with a helmet. You could sometimes end up with damaged teeth, broken cheekbones, broken jaws, skull fractures, eye injuries, or a broken nose. Most of these injuries can disfigure you permanently.
Traumatic Brain Injuries (TBIs)
Motorcyclists often hit their heads during collisions. And, while Louisiana laws require wearing a helmet when riding your bike, it cannot offer total protection during severe crashes. Hitting your head can result in critical brain injury. While sometimes you may only get a minor concussion, you could also suffer a permanent brain injury.
Spinal Cord Injury (SCI)
A direct hit by a car could send your body sprawling on the road or flying into obstacles. The spinal cord could be gravely injured during such scenarios and even lead to paralysis below the impact position.
A motorbike collision can cause other injuries, including dislocations and internal hemorrhaging. Call us to seek all the compensation you deserve regardless of injury. Our experienced personal injury attorneys can seek payments for permanent disabilities, medical expenses, lost income, pain and suffering, and more.
Compensation in a Motorcycle Accident Claim in Shreveport
Two forms of compensation are available for victims of motorcycle collisions in Louisiana: economic and non-economic damages.
Economic losses are easily calculated using receipts, invoices, and other bills. They include:
- Medical expenses. Prescription medication, doctor's visits, physical therapy, surgery, hospital stays, and medical equipment are all medical bills.
- Lost earnings. This payment refers to the compensation due to the income you could have earned if you continued working. The injuries from the accident could prevent you from returning to work or even discontinuing your career.
- Property damage. This payment covers the damage inflicted on your bike and the associated repair costs. This compensation also caters to the damage to your safety gear, clothes, etc.
- Non-economic damage refers to losses that cannot be referenced using receipts and bills. They include:
- Pain and suffering. The compensation for pain and suffering represents the mental anguish, emotional distress, physical pain, and lowered quality of life triggered by the accident.
- Wrongful death. When a family member dies during a motorcycle collision, you could get compensation for their medical bills and funeral expenses. The payment could also compensate for your loss of companionship, pain, and suffering.
What to Do After a Motorcycle Crash in Shreveport
After a motorbike collision:
- Get to a safe location. Get away from oncoming traffic and find a safe resting spot when possible.
- Check for injuries. Make safety your priority after a bike crash. Check whether you have any injuries and verify whether anyone else involved in the collision has any. If there are any injured parties, call an ambulance immediately.
- Call the police. Louisiana's laws require you to call the police to the accident scene.
- Collect essential evidence. Collect photos or videos of the accident and its surroundings if your injuries allow you.
- Exchange information. Take the personal details of the other parties involved in the crash and their vehicle registration number.
- Check for eyewitnesses. Take the details of any eyewitnesses available and ask whether they have a problem making a statement. Any information they offer could come in handy when you want to pursue a claim later on.
- Speak to a motorcycle crash attorney. A motorcycle accident attorney can help you fight for your legal rights and pursue compensation.
Our Shreveport Motorcycle Accident Law Firm Can Help You
The legal team from Stewart J. Guss Personal Injury Attorneys, is waiting to help you get duly compensated after severe motorcycle injuries. We have handled numerous motorcycle cases like yours and have an in-depth understanding of Louisiana laws.
The legal team of Stewart J. Guss, Injury Accident Lawyers, is nationally recognized for protecting the rights of injured victims for more than 20 years. If a Shreveport motorcycle accident injured you, call our office right now for a free consultation! Because we take all of our personal injury cases on a contingency fee basis, you will not owe us a dime unless we win your case. We are available 24 hours a day, seven days a week, so call us today at 800-898-4877 or contact us now by clicking here.