Office Location: 400 Poydras Tower, Poydras St Suite 1975, New Orleans, LA 70130
- Did you get injured in a pedestrian accident on Bourbon Street?
- Maybe you got hit while crossing Poydras or running to catch the bus on Canal Street?
- No matter how your accident occurred, our New Orleans pedestrian accident lawyers are here to help!
New Orleans is a famous tourist destination where people come to eat, drink, be merry, and immerse themselves in the city’s rich history and culture. Although pedestrian accidents have many causes, ALCOHOL plays an especially large part in pedestrian accidents in New Orleans, especially in the French Quarter, home to Bourbon Street and all its bars and clubs. Unfortunately, pedestrian fatalities are so high in Louisiana, the state ranks NUMBER FOUR (4!) in the nation for the highest number of deaths, Baton Rouge ranks 12th in the nation for cities, and New Orleans ranks number 42. Pedestrians have no protection when they are involved in an accident, often causing catastrophic injuries or death.
Those on foot can cause an accident by jaywalking, but the majority of pedestrian accidents occur because CARELESS DRIVERS DON’T FOLLOW THE LAW AND GIVE PEDESTRIANS THE RIGHT OF WAY. Car accidents can be life-altering events when New Orleans pedestrians are lucky enough to survive. Recovery time can be weeks, months, or years forcing victims to miss work while they amass medical bills. If a careless driver crashed into you and caused injuries, you shouldn’t have to shoulder the financial burden in the wake of your injuries.
We are a national law firm with multiple offices around the country, including New Orleans. We also work with affiliate law firms in most states that share our focus and dedication to excellence. No matter where you are located, we may be able to help you, so call or contact us now. We are open, for FREE, 24 hours a day, seven days a week, at 800-898-4877, or you may contact us now by CLICKING HERE to submit your case for review.
Stewart J. Guss, Injury Accident Lawyers’ New Orleans Pedestrian Accident Lawyers
At Stewart J. Guss, New Orleans Personal Injury Lawyers we aggressively fight for our clients to get the compensation they deserve for losses related to a pedestrian accident. We understand many pedestrian accident victims suffer emotionally and financially, and we are here to help.
The pedestrian accident attorneys at Stewart J. Guss, Injury Accident Lawyers are committed to fighting for every penny you deserve after a reckless driver caused you harm. We take pride in our dedication to professional excellence, which has resulted in the recovery of MILLIONS OF DOLLARS for pedestrian accident victims from settlements and court-awarded damages.
Our skilled pedestrian accident injury team can diligently investigate the cause of your pedestrian accident, handle communications with trickster insurance companies, and litigate your case when necessary to obtain the best outcome for your case. Although we cannot prevent your pedestrian accident from happening. We can, however, advocate for you and assist you with holding negligent parties accountable for the harm they caused you.
Common Causes of Pedestrian Accidents in New Orleans
How do New Orleans pedestrian accidents occur? New Orleans pedestrian accidents can occur in many ways. Pedestrians must take care when walking around busy NOLA streets. Using crosswalks, obeying traffic signals, and paying attention when crossing intersections are all ways pedestrians can help to keep themselves safe from harm. However, many pedestrian accidents occur because other motor vehicle drivers simply are not looking out for pedestrians on the road. Some of the most common causes of pedestrian accidents include:
- Distracted driving
- Drunk driving
- Reckless driving
- Road rage
At Stewart J. Guss, Injury Accident Lawyers, we understand the complexities that surround pedestrian accidents. We know that injured pedestrians often face an uphill battle when seeking compensation. We also know that insurance companies will look for any way to delay, deny, or reduce your claim. That’s why we fight aggressively for injured accident victims at every turn. Let us handle your pedestrian accident case from the start!
We Take Your Pedestrian Accident Injuries Seriously!
Residents and tourists involved in a New Orleans pedestrian accident can suffer life-changing, catastrophic injuries, which can be deadly. When speeding is involved, pedestrians are fortunate to survive. In these situations, survival might mean spending months or YEARS healing and getting treated for catastrophic injuries. If you have been harmed or lost a loved one in a pedestrian accident caused by a negligent motor vehicle driver, you don’t deserve the physical pain, mental anguish, and financial difficulties that often accompany severe injuries. The skilled legal team at Stewart J. Guss, Injury Accident Lawyers has advocated for accident injury victims who have suffered a wide range of severe injuries.
The following pedestrian common injuries serve as examples of those that might result in a settlement or court-awarded damages:
- Head Injuries. When a driver strikes a pedestrian, it’s likely the pedestrian will sustain a head injury from being thrown to the pavement. If they’re lucky, the injury will just be to their scalp or face. More likely, the pedestrian will suffer a brain injury. In serious pedestrian accidents, victims are likely to suffer moderate to severe traumatic brain injuries (TBI) that can cause permanent brain damage.
- Back Injuries. Getting hit by a motor vehicle often means suffering painful back injuries, which can include fractured vertebrae, herniated discs, and other injuries along the spinal column. Many who sustain back injuries need corrective surgery to alleviate some of the pain and fix the injury. Yet, surgery doesn’t always lead to a full recovery. While one or more surgeries might help, many who suffer back pain must cope with it indefinitely.
- Spinal Cord Injuries. A pedestrian who suffers a back injury during a pedestrian accident, might also sustain a spinal cord injury, one of the MOST COSTLY of all accident injuries. Your spinal cord doesn’t need to be completely cut in half for you to suffer a catastrophic injury. A cut or bruise on the cord can cause numbness, weakness, and paralysis. Fortunately, minor injuries have a good chance of healing on their own with victims regaining all of their lost functions. When spinal cord injuries are severe, however, they cause PERMANENT injury with accompanying paralysis.
- Amputation. Amputees face YEARS of physical pain and emotional distress as they cope with the aftermath of their injury. When amputees have lost one or both legs, they must use a wheelchair and go through the frustrating tasks of learning how to use an artificial leg. Amputations require years of physical therapy and rehabilitation, putting them right up there with spinal cord injuries in terms of cost. Our experienced team of pedestrian accident lawyers can fight for you, to get the compensation you deserve, to seek out the treatment you need, when you’ve suffered an amputation.
We also help injured pedestrians who suffer from other injuries, such as burns, broken bones, disfigurement, internal organ damage, and more.
At Stewart J. Guss, Injury Accident Lawyers, we assist injured pedestrians in learning about the full scope and prognosis of their injuries, so their auto accident injury claim isn’t undervalued by greedy and dubious insurance companies and legal defense teams.
Recovering Damages After a Pedestrian Accident
How Much is my New Orleans Pedestrian Accident Case Worth?
When a reckless, careless, and negligent driver strikes you and causes harm, Louisiana law permits you to sue for damages related to your accident and injuries. Although each case varies, if your lawyer negotiates a fair settlement or the court rules in your favor, you might receive compensation for the following economic and non-economic losses incurred:
- Medical treatment expenses including ambulance and emergency service, hospitalization, diagnostic imaging, surgery, medication, and followup visits
- Future medical treatment costs when a pedestrian accident causes a permanent disability requiring long-term care or a severe injury requiring extensive recovery
- Rehabilitation costs for specialists such as physical and occupational therapists or speech therapists
- Assistive devices such as wheelchairs, artificial limbs, crutches, canes, and walkers
- Lost wages for time away from work due to injury, hospitalization, and recovery
- Future lost wages when a pedestrian accident causes a permanent disability or condition that prevents a victim from returning to their job or seeking gainful employment anywhere else
- Home modification costs, such as wheelchair ramps and handrails, to make a house more accessible
- Costs for replacement services when a pedestrian accident victim cannot perform the same household tasks they did before their injuries, including lawn care, outdoor maintenance, cleaning, grocery shopping, cooking, and childcare
- Physical pain and suffering
- Emotional pain and suffering
- Loss of consortium with a spouse
- Scarring and disfigurement
- Cracked teeth, broken jaws, and other dental injuries
- Other non-economic costs that apply to a particular case
- Punitive damages when intentional harm or gross negligence occur
If you have lost a loved one in a pedestrian accident, Louisiana law permits you to seek damages in a wrongful death suit if you are an eligible survivor. Depending on your relationship with the deceased, you might be able to receive some of the previously listed damages, as well as funeral costs, and expenses for burial or cremation.
Additionally, eligible survivors, typically spouses and children, might receive additional compensation for non-economic costs based on their relationship, such as loss of companionship and loss of guidance and parental support. Consult with one of our experienced pedestrian accident attorneys about a wrongful death action, and they can advise you on the best path for you and your family.
Your New Orleans Pedestrian Accident Attorneys
At Stewart J. Guss, Injury Accident Lawyers, we are familiar with the dubious tactics, tricks, and defense strategies drivers and their insurance carriers will use to avoid financial liability for your injuries. Our legal team is dedicated to aggressively pursuing justice, so you get fully compensated for your pedestrian accident and injuries.
The pedestrian accident lawyers of Stewart J. Guss, Injury Accident Lawyers are recognized in New Orleans and nationally for their client advocacy for more than 20 years. We can investigate the circumstances of your accident, handle communication with insurance companies, and focus on the minutiae of your case, while you stay focused on healing and recovery.
If you or a loved one sustained injuries in a pedestrian accident or any other traffic crash in the Greater New Orleans area, a pedestrian accident lawyer can help ensure your rights are protected through every stage of the claims process. Call our office right now for a free consultation! Because we take all of our personal injury cases on a contingency fee basis, you will not owe us a DIME unless we win your case. We are available 24 hours a day, seven days a week, so call us today at 800-898-4877 or contact us now by CLICKING HERE.
Stewart J Guss, Injury Accident Lawyers, New Orlean Office
See what past clients have to say:
★ ★ ★ ★ ★
“Mr. Guss was wonderful. He fought hard against the insurance company to get us what we deserved. I went from owing almost $5000 in medical bills to actually getting money in my pocket. Absolutely Amazing!!!!! A big thank you from me and my family!!!”