Office Location: 400 Poydras Tower, #1975, New Orleans, 70130
Louisiana’s weather is perfect for riding motorcycle year-round, and many people take advantage of this and hit the open road. Unfortunately, the streets and traffic also lead to serious motorcycle accidents, and some riders suffer injuries and find their lives turned upside-down in an INSTANT!
The team of New Orleans motorcycle attorneys at Stewart J. Guss, Injury Accident Lawyers regularly gets calls from people who were seriously hurt in motorcycle crashes. We know that motorcycle injuries can keep you from working, result in piles of medical bills, and cause immense pain and suffering. That is why we do EVERYTHING in our power to help you get full compensation for your losses from any liable parties. The sooner we’re on your side, the sooner you know we’re protecting your rights. We have people ready to listen 24 HOURS A DAY, 7 DAYS A WEEK, so don’t wait to call 800-898-4877 or CLICK HERE to contact us online.
Devastating Injuries to Motorcyclists
About 133,600 people have registered motorcycles in Louisiana. However, this statistic doesn’t come close to reflecting the number of motorcyclists out on the roads in the Pelican State, which includes people visiting from out of town and passing through.
If you’re one of those persons, and someone else causes your bike to crash, you need the right motorcycle accident law firm. Because motorcyclists have little protection compared to motorists, and because they often get thrown from their bikes, the resulting injuries can require weeks, months, or years of recovery time. The following are only a few examples of motorcycle injuries we’ve seen:
- Traumatic brain injury (TBI) - It’s extremely common for motorcyclists to hit their head in a crash. Even if you’re wearing a helmet, which Louisiana law requires you to do, it cannot fully protect you from a brain injury. Sometimes, hitting your head with a helmet on is enough to shake your brain around in your skull, causing damage. TBIs can range from concussions to severe injuries that can result in permanent impairments.
- Spinal cord injury (SCI) - Cars can directly hit a motorcyclist, or an impact can send a motorcyclist flying into obstacles or on the pavement. The spine is extremely vulnerable in these situations, and many motorcyclists suffer damage to their spinal cord. This injury can cause paralysis in your body below the location of the injury, and paralysis can be temporary or permanent.
- Face and head injuries - Some bikers hit the ground face-first, and even with a helmet, this can cause severe injuries to the face, head, and neck. Motorcyclists can suffer broken noses, broken jaws, broken cheekbones, damage to the teeth, eye injuries, skull fractures, and soft tissue injuries in the neck. Many of these injuries can cause permanent disfigurement.
There are many more injuries that are possible in a motorcycle accident. No matter what type of injuries occurred, you deserve to get paid for EVERY PENNY of your qualified losses. Our experienced Louisiana motorcycle accident law firm knows how to seek payment for medical bills, pain and suffering, permanent disabilities, lost income, and more.
Who’s to Blame?
Every motorcycle crash is different, and different parties can cause crashes. One thing is for certain—you must know who’s to blame for your accident to hold them responsible for your losses. This can be easier said than done for a few reasons. First, drivers will RARELY admit they were in the wrong. Drivers will almost always try to pin an accident on an “irresponsible” motorcyclist. Motorcyclists KNOW when they are being safe, however, and that drivers often act dangerously and aggressively around motorcycles.
Pinpointing liability can also be tough since drivers are not always to blame. Government agencies can be responsible for failing to maintain roads if a pothole or another hazard caused you to crash. If your bike had a defective part that malfunctioned and caused you to crash, the manufacturer should be held accountable.
Part of our job is identifying which parties are liable in each case. Taking on a company is an extremely different animal than filing a claim against an individual driver, and we have experience with it all. No parties or insurers intimidate us, so please contact us no matter who may be at fault.
Help You Can Trust!
Insurance companies are money-making enterprises. As you can imagine, making large payments to claimants doesn’t exactly go hand-in-hand with profits. For this reason, insurance adjusters work to limit how much compensation each claimant gets whenever possible. While being aware of insurance tactics can help you fight for your full claim value, the number one thing you can do to protect your rights is to have a qualified motorcycle accident law firm fighting for you. Insurance companies handle claims a lot differently when a claimant has representation!
Our law firm regularly does the following and more:
- Pinpoint liable parties
- Calculate the value of claims
- File claims with the right insurers
- Determine whether each settlement offer is enough
- Negotiate higher settlements
- Take cases to court when we need to do so
One thing’s for certain—Stewart J. Guss and his legal team play hardball with insurance companies! We want justice for YOU and EVERY client.
Our Louisiana Car Accident Law Firm Can Help TODAY!
After a serious motorcycle injury, you want the legal team from Stewart J. Guss, Injury Accident Lawyers on your side. There is a reason our firm is highly recognized for representing accident victims—because we get results our clients deserve! If you don’t call a law firm for help with your insurance claim or you hire a less capable law firm, you risk losing important compensation.
The legal team of Stewart J. Guss, Attorney at Law, is nationally recognized for protecting the rights of injured victims for more than 20 years. If you were injured in a motorcycle accident, call our office right now to schedule a free consultation! Don’t risk your future—call us at NO CHARGE today. Because we take all of our personal injury cases on a contingency fee basis, you will not owe us a DIME unless we win your case. When you need legal help, you can trust that we’re there for you. We are available 24 hours a day, seven days a week, so call us today at 800-898-4877 or contact us now by CLICKING HERE.