Assisting Motorcycle Accident Victims in Lake Charles, Louisiana with Recovering Compensation in their Personal Injury Cases
Lake Charles offers many opportunities for recreation—the casinos, the majestic oaks, and our deliciously-famous boudin. Within proximity to both the lake we are named for as well as the ocean, we have six smaller cities, and together we make up Southwestern Louisiana’s Boudin Trail. Motorcycling down the trail in pursuit of the best boudin is a great time, but also a risky venture, and riders regularly expose themselves directly to the ground and their surrounding environment. In an accident, motorcyclists can sustain severe injuries and damages. Those injuries can include cuts and scars (especially on the accident victim’s face), broken bones, soft tissue injuries, and traumatic head injuries.
If you or someone you love suffered injuries in a motorcycle accident in Lake Charles which happened due to someone else’s negligence, you have a legal right to pursue monetary recovery. The legal team at Stewart J. Guss Personal Injury Attorneys, handles motorcycle accident cases and has for over 20 years. Our experienced legal team knows what it takes to fight the insurance companies and maximize recovery in your personal injury case. We are open, 24 hours a day, seven days a week, 365 days a year at 800-898-4877, or contact us now by CLICKING HERE to find out how we can help you. Our consultation is free and there is no risk or obligation, so what are you waiting on—the insurance company has their legal team, shouldn’t you?
Steps to Take Following a Lake Charles Motorcycle Accident
After a motorcycle accident, you may be unsure of where to turn next. Before you call a law firm, take specific preliminary steps—both for your well-being and to safeguard your legal rights—if your injuries allow. Including:
- Exchange insurance information – If you are able, following your motorcycle accident, you should exchange insurance information with all of the other drivers involved in the crash. It would help if you also obtained the other drivers’ contact information. If another driver’s insurance company contacts you and asks you to provide a recorded statement under oath, you should think twice about doing so. These statements are never beneficial for accident victims and only have the potential to hurt your personal injury case in the end.
- Talking to the police on-scene – Again, if able, you should speak with the police officer on-scene and explain your version of the accident events. This report is often a crucial piece of evidence in personal injury cases and typically used to establish who was at fault for your motorcycle accident.
- Talking to witnesses on-scene – If anyone comes forward as an eyewitness to your motorcycle accident, you should speak with them and obtain his or her contact information while you are still at the accident scene. Eyewitnesses to motorcycle accidents sometimes become potent witnesses in the courtroom at trial, and it is helpful to have them on board.
- Going to the emergency room – As soon as possible after sustaining injuries in a motorcycle accident—and preferably the same day—you should go to a local urgent care unit or hospital emergency room facility. While there, a medical doctor or other health care provider can assess your medical condition, and if necessary, provide you with treatment. You should seek emergency medical care following your motorcycle accident even if you are unsure about the severity of your injuries. A minor medical problem today can turn into a significant medical problem tomorrow.
- Following the doctor’s recommendations – Before you leave your emergency room visit, the doctor or nurse will provide you with written discharge instructions and make a recommendation for follow-up care and treatment. Many times, this will involve consultation with a primary care doctor if you have subsequent medical issues or problems. In other cases, you may need to consult with a medical specialist or seek out physical therapy. It is crucial that you follow through with these treatment recommendations. If you do not follow through, it will appear to the insurance company as though you are not taking your treatment seriously—or that your injuries from the accident are not all that serious.
How a Law Firm Can Help in a Motorcycle Accident Case
In the days and weeks following a severe motorcycle accident, your top priority should be seeking medical treatment and recovering from your injuries. While you are doing that, the legal team at Stewart J. Guss Personal Injury Attorneys can handle the day-to-day legal aspects of your case. Some of the ways that a legal team can assist you in following a severe motorcycle accident include:
- Gathering documents – Our legal staff will investigate how your accident occurred, and they will obtain the necessary documents to prove your personal injury case. These documents include medical reports and bills, lost wage documentation from your employer, police reports, and property damage estimates.
- Submitting a demand – After you finish treatment for your injuries and our legal team reviews and evaluates your medical records, we will send a demand package to the at-fault party’s insurance company. This package includes a demand for settlement, along with copies of your medical records, bills, and lost wage documents.
- Negotiating on your behalf – Once the insurance company reviews our demand, we negotiate with the insurance company on your behalf and push for a fair and reasonable settlement that compensates you for everything you went through following your accident.
- Litigating your case – If the insurance company decides not to offer you fair and full compensation for your injuries, our legal team will file a lawsuit on your behalf and litigate your case through the court system. If the matter still does not settle, our legal team can take your case to trial.
Contact a Lake Charles Motorcycle Accident Law Firm to Discuss Your Case Today
At Stewart J. Guss Personal Injury Attorneys, we take pride in what we do. When we handle your motorcycle accident case, you can rest assured your case will receive the individual care and attention it deserves, to maximize your compensation.
The attorneys and legal professionals at Stewart J. Guss Personal Injury Attorneys, are nationally recognized advocates for victims and are known for protecting the rights of the injured for more than 20 years. If you are suffering from an injury caused by a motorcycle accident in Lake Charles, call our office right now to discuss your case. We take all our personal injury cases on a contingency fee basis, and you will not owe us a DIME unless we win your case. We are available 24 hours a day, seven days a week, 365 days a year. We provide a free consultation and case evaluation, so call us today at 800-898-4877 or contact us now by CLICKING HERE so we can evaluate your claim.
See what past clients have to say:
★ ★ ★ ★ ★
“As a relatively new resident of Houston, I did not know of an attorney to contact for a personal injury suit. I randomly went through the yellow pages contacting two attorneys that had rejected my case prior to me contacting Stewart Guss. Stewart took my case on and settled for far more than I had anticipated. The silver lining of this is that I will now have enough money to go back to school for retraining, so I will be able to reenter the workforce in a new capacity. The paralegal, Angela, was kind and supportive throughout the process. If I did not understand the legal jargon, I did not hesitate to ask, and was never once made to feel that I was incompetent. Thank you Stewart and Angela for giving me a new lease on live.”
See more client testimonials here