Bossier City, located in the Shreveport-Bossier City metropolitan area, sits along I-20, one of the major throughways traveling across the southern U.S. states.
As a motorcycle rider, you are at greater risk of accidents and injuries, often because of the threat of negligent drivers on the roadways in this community. Motorcycles travel through the area daily, and accidents can cause devastating impacts on the rider's life.
If you are a motorcycle crash victim, you may seek compensation from the insurance company or party at fault for your damages.
At Stewart J. Guss Personal Injury Attorneys, we represent victims of motorcycle accidents with injuries and losses and fight for the compensation they need and deserve under the law.
We are a national law firm with multiple offices nationwide, including here in Louisiana. We also work with affiliate law firms in most states that share our focus and dedication to excellence. No matter where you are located, we can help you, so call or contact us now. We are open, for free, 24 hours a day, seven days a week, at 800-898-4877, or you may contact us now by clicking here to submit your case for review.
Bossier City Motorcycle Accident Guide
- Trust Guss To Get You Results!
- Why Choose Stewart J. Guss Personal Injury Attorneys After a Motorcycle Crash in Bossier City?
- How Much Compensation Can I Recover From a Motorcycle Accident Claim?
- Bossier City Motorcycle Accidents
- How Do Most Motorcycle Accidents Occur?
- What Injuries Can Occur in a Bossier City Motorcycle Accident?
- The Challenges Surrounding Motorcycle Accident Insurance Claims in Bossier City
- Steps You Should Take After a Bossier City Motorcycle Accident?
- After a Bossier City Motorcycle Accident Call Stewart J. Guss Personal Injury Attorneys
Trust Guss To
Get You Results!
HANDLING PERSONAL INJURY CLAIMS NATIONWIDE FOR 20+ YEARS.
Why Choose Stewart J. Guss Personal Injury Attorneys After a Motorcycle Crash in Bossier City?
Our lawyers at Stewart J. Guss Personal Injury Attorneys work every day to fight for victims of personal injury accidents, such as those in a motorcycle collision in Bossier City.
Motorcycle accident victims can suffer great physical harm from a crash and additional financial burdens due to the treatment necessary for their care and the time they must dedicate to recovery. We understand that motorcyclists can face an uphill battle in their recovery as they pursue compensation for their damages from the parties liable for the crash.
Our team of attorneys uses their extensive background and experience handling injury cases to help motorcyclists like you get the resolution they need from a claim or lawsuit to help them move ahead following a devastating motorcycle crash.
We can help motorcycle accident victims from the outset of the case. You do not need to wait until something seems like it is going wrong to call us. It is best to contact our team of motorcycle accident attorneys as soon as possible following a crash.
We can provide legal support and advice through the claims process and can provide you with guidance as to what is the next best step in your case. If it is necessary to file a lawsuit, we can advise you to do so and represent you throughout the case. Our mission is to help accident victims find the best possible solution in light of the difficult circumstances they may face following a motorcycle accident.
At Stewart J. Guss Personal Injury Attorneys, we offer free case evaluations to victims of Bossier City motorcycle accidents. Call us to discuss your case and what options the law may offer you in Louisiana. We know how an unexpected motorcycle accident can cause your life to feel chaotic and uncertain; we can evaluate your case and determine how much compensation you deserve.
How Much Compensation Can I Recover From a Motorcycle Accident Claim?
Motorcycle accidents result in costly and often overwhelming economic and noneconomic damages. As you go through the accident damages and assess the losses, it can take time to ascertain how much monetary compensation you may recover. After all, motorcycle accident damages that you can recover as a crash victim can include financial losses and personal impacts, which can be much more difficult to value and claim payment for through a claim.
Our motorcycle accident lawyers understand the ins and outs of motorcycle collision damages and how to calculate the maximum damages you deserve. We can negotiate with an insurance company to pay the maximum damages possible for you.
Motorcycle Accident Damages Can Include Compensation For:
- Medical - Emergency treatment for motorcycle injuries can escalate very quickly. From ambulance transport to the ER visit and any hospital stay, surgeries, or other medical procedures, the costs begin to add up following a motorcycle accident. In addition, depending on the type of injury, you will likely need some form of rehabilitation. In the most serious injury cases, a victim may require long-term support to gain strength and function. In your claim for damages, you can include all medical costs and expenses, including future medical expenses you expect to incur.
- Income - The severity of your injuries affects medical expenses but can also significantly affect your income losses. The more serious an injury, the longer you lose work. For example, motorcycle accident victims that suffer disabling injuries, how they work, and if the work in the future can still be up in the air for quite some time following a crash. You can seek recovery of your income losses in a claim, including future losses of income and earnings that are likely to follow because of the extensive impact of the injuries on your body and abilities.
- Non-economic losses - Not all damages you experience from a motorcycle accident have a financial value. However, personal injury law in most jurisdictions allows a victim to receive monetary compensation in consideration of the intrusive effects an accident can have on a person following an injury due to negligence. As part of a motorcycle accident claim or lawsuit, a victim can seek money for the pain and suffering endured during the accident and its aftermath, including the recovery and any painful medical treatments or procedures necessary. In addition to physical pain and suffering, a motorcycle crash victim can seek money for the emotional and mental turmoil and distress caused by a motorcycle accident. The aftermath of a motorcycle accident can affect how you think, feel, and relate to others, which can significantly affect your ability to enjoy your life and your quality of life. Our attorneys understand the personal implications of a motorcycle accident and can help you seek damages against the parties responsible.
- Property damage - The damage to your motorcycle can require extensive and costly repairs, or in many instances, a motorcycle involved in a crash may be a total loss. As part of a motorcycle accident claim, you can seek money for the cost of repairs or the value of your motorcycle. A lawyer with our team can help you determine your property damages and include them in your claim or lawsuit.
- Wrongful death - Sadly, motorcyclists often lose their lives in traffic accidents caused by negligent drivers. When a loved one dies because of a motorcycle accident, whether at the crash scene or in the days and weeks following the accident, the family may have a cause of action for wrongful death through a wrongful death insurance claim or lawsuit. If your loved one dies in a motorcycle accident, we can discuss your case and your family's legal rights.
Bossier City Motorcycle Accidents
Cars outnumber motorcycles on the roads, but when an accident with a motorcycle occurs, a rider is at much more risk of suffering serious injuries or fatalities. You may prefer motorcycle riding in Bossier City for transportation or occasionally enjoy it as a pastime. Thousands of people like you choose to ride motorcycles in Bossier City and Louisiana.
Unfortunately, motorcycle accidents lead to injuries and death. Nationally, over 5,500 victims die from motorcycle accidents, and over 82,000 victims suffer injuries.
At a more local level, Louisiana reports approximately 78 motorcycle-related deaths in one year.
Motorcycling in Bossier City comes with risks alongside negligent drivers who increase a rider's susceptibility to an accident.
How Do Most Motorcycle Accidents Occur?
Drivers engaging in negligent actions behind the wheel are often the most common culprits behind motorcycle accidents where a victim may sustain injuries or suffer a fatality. Negligence by a car driver can happen in different ways, and getting to the bottom of what a driver was doing before and after a crash can help prove who is at fault and liable in a car accident claim.
Common Causes of Motorcycle Victims Injured or Killed by Negligent Drivers Include:
- Drinking and driving
- Driving while distracted
- Reckless driving
- Road rage
- Failure to follow traffic laws
What Injuries Can Occur in a Bossier City Motorcycle Accident?
Motorcycle collisions tend to involve serious to catastrophic injuries. In many cases, a rider may lose their life, and in cases where a rider survives a crash, they may face devastating injuries with an uncertain and long timeline for recovery.
The traumatic injuries and the widespread impacts of those injuries on a motorcyclist's life can lead to excessive costs. Injuries from a motorcycle accident can have painful consequences and affect a person's motor functions, coordination, and overall ability to work and care for themselves.
Common Injuries a Motorcyclist May Sustain Include:
- Spinal cord injuries
- Traumatic brain injuries
- Broken bones
- Soft tissue injuries
- Crushing injuries
- Road rash
The Challenges Surrounding Motorcycle Accident Insurance Claims in Bossier City
One of the biggest challenges when a motorcyclist suffers injuries in a motorcycle accident is the insurance claims process that follows. Insurance companies often want to reduce liability to save money by lowering or eliminating a settlement payment.
When it comes to a motorcycle crash, an insurer may try to pin as much of the fault for the crash as possible on the motorcycle rider. In reality, drivers are often to blame, and the motorcycle rider is the victim of their negligence.
When you are a victim and a motorcyclist, contacting a motorcycle accident attorney to represent you is best. A motorcycle accident attorney can fight for your interests. On your behalf, they can interfere and fight back against an insurer's common tactics and strategies to try to help you get the best possible compensation.
Steps You Should Take After a Bossier City Motorcycle Accident?
As a motorcycle accident victim, you may feel helpless and unsure about what may happen in your claim and case. It can take some time to determine what the outcome of your case will be. However, in the meantime, there are things you can do to positively impact your case and provide your lawyer with the information necessary to prove your damages.
Hire a Lawyer
The first thing you should do before taking any action or making any decisions on a motorcycle accident claim is to contact a motorcycle accident lawyer with Stewart J. Guss Personal Injury Attorneys.
Hiring a lawyer as one of your first actions ensures you avoid common errors or issues that may affect the outcome of the claim or add a delay to the resolution of your case.
Receive the Full Course of Treatment for Your Motorcycle Accident Injuries
Your injuries require you to dedicate yourself to your recovery. Anything can happen during the recovery from motorcycle accident injuries. Complications and unexpected health issues can delay your progress, set you back or require additional medical interventions.
As you prepare to file and go through the process of a claim or lawsuit in your case, you must continue your treatment and meet any recommendations of your doctors to reach the maximum recovery possible.
Collect Evidence to Support Your Case
As a motorcycle accident victim, you must prove who caused the collision and the extent of your damages. Gathering the evidence in your possession and accessing your information and records are simple ways to present your attorney with as much information as possible as they learn about your case and build your claim or lawsuit.
After a Bossier City Motorcycle Accident Call Stewart J. Guss Personal Injury Attorneys
At Stewart J. Guss Personal Injury Attorneys, we can schedule a free case evaluation for motorcycle accident victims. We understand the difficulties you will face and want to help you seek the compensation you need to begin rebuilding and recovering following a traumatic motorcycle collision.
The Bossier City personal injury laywers of Stewart J. Guss Personal Injury Attorneys, is nationally recognized for protecting the rights of injured victims for more than 20 years. If a Bossier City motorcycle accident injured you, call our office right now for a free consultation! Because we take all of our personal injury cases on a contingency fee basis, you will not owe us a dime unless we win your case. We are available 24 hours a day, seven days a week, so call us today at 800-898-4877 or contact us now by clicking here.