What Is Neocate?Neocate is an amino acid-based baby formula specially developed for infants who are:
- Allergic to soy and cow milk
- Experiencing certain gastrointestinal (GI) disorders, like short bowel syndrome, esophagitis, or acid reflux disease
- Neocate Splash
- Neocate Junior & Junior Probiotic
- Neocate Infant DHA/ARA
- Neocate Syneo Infant
- Neocate Nutra
What Are the Serious Side Effects Linked to Neocate Baby Formula?Neocate has been associated with severe phosphorus deficiencies in babies. Clinically referred to as hypophosphatemia, phosphorus deficiencies can cause an array of serious complications in infants, including (but not limited to):
- Bone fractures: This includes trauma-related fractures and spontaneous fractures.
- Rickets: Marked by weakened and softened bones, Rickets can result in bone defects, developmental delays, heart complications, and permanent skeletal deformities. This condition can also cause heart problems, seizures, and lifelong disabilities.
- Skeletal deformities: These malformations can impact the joints, leg bones, spine, ribs, teeth, and other bones.
- Other complications: Stunted growth, muscle weakness, and breathing difficulties are just a few of the other health problems that infants can develop due to phosphorus deficiencies arising from Neocate baby formula.
- They were weaned off Neocate and transitioned to a different baby formula.
- They were given phosphate supplements.
Neocate Lawsuits & Lawyers
Discover the Side Effects, Injuries & Litigation Associated with Neocate Baby FormulaNeocate baby formula has been linked to serious bone and skeletal complications in infants. Brought to light by a 2017 study, Neocate side effects can result in severe pain and debilitating developmental disorders. These side effects have been basis of several Neocate lawsuits against Nutricia and its parent company Danone, the makers of this baby formula. In fact, many parents and caregivers are now taking action to hold Nutricia and Danone accountable for the harm caused by Necoate — and some have already secured compensation from their claims. If your infant has suffered bone complications after consuming Neocate baby formula, you can start getting answers about your rights and the available legal remedies here, in the Neocate lawsuit FAQs below. You can also contact the experienced Neocate side effect lawyers at Stewart J. Guss, Injury Accident Lawyers for confidential answers and a free, no-obligation case evaluation.
Did Nutricia Know About Neocate Side Effects Before 2017?There is evidence to suggest that Nutricia was aware of the risks and bone problems linked to Neocate before 2017 — and some reports suggest that Nutricia knew about these issues and hid the from the public as far back as 2015. Notably, from 2016 through 2018 (meaning both right before and right after the 2017 study was released):
- Nutricia did reformulate several lines of its Neocate baby formula. In many cases, the reformulations included fortifying Neocate formula with phosphate.
- Nutricia added a warning to its products, telling consumers to only use Neocate “under medical supervision” and to “talk to your health provider to see if Neocate is right for you.”
Who Can File a Neocate Lawsuit?Parents and caregivers of children who have suffered broken bones, developed Rickets, or sustained other serious Neocate complications may be eligible to file a lawsuit and seek compensation. With Neocate lawsuits, it’s essential to understand that:
- There are filing deadlines, and these vary by state.
- The date on which your infant’s injuries are discovered may start the statute of limitations for a Neocate lawsuit.
- These product liability cases are very complex, and it can take years and painstaking work to resolve the most challenging cases.
What Are the Deadlines for Filing a Neocate Lawsuit?Deadlines to file a Neocate lawsuit are set by state law, so the state in which you plan to file a claim will dictate the timeframe for initiating a complaint. If you file your claim in Texas, for instance, you will have two years to officially bring the legal action. Outside of Texas, those deadlines or statutes of limitations can change. No matter what the deadline is, however, missing it can mean you miss out on the chance to file a Neocate lawsuit and seek damages for (but not limited to):
- Medical bills
- Lost earnings
- Pain and suffering
- Permanent scarring and disfigurement
When Should I Talk to a Neocate Broken Bone Attorney?Contact a Neocate lawyer whenever you ask this question and/or you’re ready for answers about a possible case. You do NOT need to pay any fees to speak with an experienced lawyer and get advice, a case assessment, and critical information about your rights — and talking to a Neocate Rickets attorney can be the most efficient and effective way to find out:
- If you have a case
- How soon your case needs to be filed
- Where and how to file a Neocate lawsuit
- What type of compensation you may be entitled to receive if you win your case