It is MUCH easier than you think to completely RUIN a perfectly good personal injury case! I work long hours every day making sure that my clients get the absolute maximum recovery for their injuries. Of course, I’m sure there are some folks out there who want NOTHING to do with fair compensation and would rather give up any possibility of recovery. For those of you who are intent upon destroying your claim, giving up your rights, and making sure that you get BUPKIS for your personal injury claim, I’ve created this guide: “Five Easy Ways to RUIN Your Personal Injury Case!”
1) Whatever you do, do NOT call the police to investigate your car accident! No, instead, just trust the guy who just smashed into you when he “promises” he has insurance or she “promises” to pay for your damages. Never mind the fact that they will almost CERTAINLY change their mind and their story as soon as they leave the scene. If you want to ruin your personal injury case, NOT calling the police after your car wreck is a great way to do it.
2) If you want a great way to really mess up a premises liability claim – be sure not to report it to the owner or manager! For those people who want to be able to recover for a slip and fall or trip and fall case, it is critical that you promptly report it and get the name and phone number of who you speak with. If you really want to make sure you have a VERY hard time recovering – not promptly reporting the claim is a great way make that happen.
3) Another tip to really hurt your case – do NOT take pictures or exchange information with the other driver. So what if you have a cell phone that is PERFECT for taking photos of property damage, drivers licences, insurance cards, and thus recording important evidence. If you are out to destroy your chances to make a recovery – keep that phone in your pocket, don’t bother to take pictures. After all, those photos can REALLY help prove your case and your damages later on down the line, and who wants that?
4) Another great way to ruin your case (and risk your health!) – do not promptly seek medical treatment. So what if you could have sustained serious injuries, even if you are not in pain right away. So what if you could wake up in the morning and hardly be able to get out of bed. Cuts? Bruises? Headache? Dizzy? Back and neck pain? If you REALLY want to know a GREAT way to ruin your personal injury case (and seriously risk your health, I’m not kidding), make sure that you don’t get prompt treatment after your accident. Only those people who want to make a recovery, preserve their rights, and preserve their health seek immediate medical treatment.
5) The very best way to ruin your chances to recover on a personal injury claim – whatever you do, do NOT contact a qualified and experienced personal injury lawyer to discuss your claim and your rights. Instead, just call the insurance adjuster or investigator directly. After all, they have YEARS of experience and training in the VERY best way to deny you your rights. If you are really serious about making it almost impossible to make a fair recovery, then give them a call, freely answer their questions, and don’t worry about the fact that it is their job to figure out how to deny your claim or pay you the least amount possible for your claim. Only those who are really serious about getting full and fair compensation should contact a experienced personal injury lawyer.
If, on the other hand, you want to know the BEST ways to preserve your rights after a serious injury accident, please call Houston personal injury attorney Stewart J. Guss right now at 800-898-4877. Stewart has been representing personal injury victims in Tomball, Spring, Cypress, Katy, the Woodlands and all over Houston and Texas for 20 years. Your consultation is absolutely free, and you will pay nothing unless he wins your case.